1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why just a head?

Oct 15, 2007

1. I'm going to be buying a head, but he will quickly have a body to go with. I would feel too bad for the head if it just had to sit on my table with no body. So the only way I'll buy just a head is if I know for sure there'll be a body for it.

2. I've bought 2 heads. The first one was because it was a limited, a modded limited but still la limited and it ended up being cheap. I originally didn't have interest in the mold, but ended up liking it in the end. I sold her body to afford a cyndy head, which is hard to find and this one was a reasonable price so I got it. So now I have 2 floating heads. D:

3. i buy heads till i can afford bodies, or find the one i want. or both.

4. This.
      And also, If I find a head that has a gorgeous faceup, I'd figure I could buy the head because the faceup is almost next to impossible to duplicate. ^^

5. I've got a head because I've always wanted an MNF Shushu and found a blank head at a great price. While I'm saving for her body, I can use the head to practice face-ups without wiping one of my existing dolls and finding out I suck at it! If I really am awful, I can send off the head to be painted by someone else, but in the meantime I have a test subject!

6. For me, it's usually because I want to change the gender. Characters are very specific. I bought a Euclase meditating head and his human hands/legs because that's part of his character to have grey skin everywhere but his torso. :sweat

It's also been mentioned that it's cheaper to buy separately. That's not always necessarily true, but it is usually.

And then there is the LE issue. I think that I shall forever cry about not selling my soul for a Sard head, even if I couldn't afford the whole body at the time. :...( Don't make my mistakes.

:hollyberryTacti

7. ...I buy heads with no intention of buying them bodies if they can share. XDDDD It's cheaper, and I feel less overwhelmed with just three SD boys sitting in my room...rather than eight. @.@ I don't think i could keep 8 SDs. That's just me, but that is really the motivation behind me being a head buyer. xD

8. I only buy heads when it's a really good oppertunity or the head is very limited, as I don't like having floating heads around ^^;; I'd rather save longer so I can buy them with a body, if I keep a doll too long as just a head, I eventually lose my intrest for it. I think that's because making clothes is for me a very important part of the hobby and of bonding with a doll, so if I can't do that..the doll kind of doesn't 'do' anything. I did get two of my dolls as heads first, my Seimei because Seimei's don't come up often at all and he was an amazing deal :3(and well, Seimei didn't come with a body originally) He got a body about a month and a half later..and my Breakaway girl, Lucette. I had the oppertunity to buy her within Holland for a good price and with a face-up I really liked so it seemed silly not to do it :3 She got a body about a month later

But if I can, I like to avoid getting heads only ^^;;

9. ive bought a couple head and im ordering a third, all for different reasons.

• i got a minimee head off ebay: didnt come with a body.

• a thinking Kara Klum head from dollmore to be the second head for my Kara. i just wanted both molds, no need to have two complete dolls for the same character. besides, his body has been customized a lot and modded. i am so not doing that again on another body.

• and im getting ready to order a CP Delf El head from luts. i dont like the delf bodies at all, and its totally wrong for his character, so im saving my money to buy him a taller body. but the head is a good price now, so i cant pass that up.

10. Most people have pretty much said what I feel: the face to me is very important, but so is the body; and if I don't feel the body is right then I'll hunt down a new one. I have no problems with Hybrids- I love them. My Migidoll Miho (who actually only sell heads but none the less) is on a Soom Super Gem body- but that used to have a Leeke L head :)

I also want to put my Ducan on a DOI body sometime in the future.

Essentially- it's often the head molds that are the limited ones and hard to get, so often, if you cannot afford the whole doll, you can probably buy the head and worry about getting the body later :D

11. I'm buying a seperate head because, honestly, I don't like the bodies that the company offers so much ^^; Not only have there been bad reviews on the posability, but I just don't like how they look... So I'm going to get a body I actually like :) And for much cheaper! (If I had to complain, though; having to match the resin is not so fun! D8)

12. Personally I prefer to buy whole dolls at once.
      But for example with my delf Lu-Wen and Feeple Ashley, they both come with a second head. And to give that head a body, I buy only a body. That's the only reason for me to buy eather a head or body, because I prefer to have the body and head from the same company. (best resin match and such)

13. I have a lot more heads than I would like to have. :sweat Right now, it's at a ratio of full dolls compared to floating heads is 1:3

I would tell myself it's for the sake of face-up practice but truthfully I prefer to keep them blank and place them like trophies on top of my printer. >//< I think it's just a small obsession..

14. I realy liked a volks school head A,so I bought it. It never comes with the body,so you have to buy it seperatley...so I realy didn't had any choice. Othervise,I would never buy just a head...I like to have a complete doll

15. I never got the whole floating head thing but each to their own. Now I don't plan on getting anymore dolls I can totally understand having just heads, they are so pretty some times I love a dolls face but feel I have to many dolls to get another. I'd totally have a few floating heads now. ;)

16. I do have several heads flowing around -- the reason is simple, specific heads (especially LE) are harder to find and bodies are all the same XD

17. I have bought two heads without bodies...one was a mnf sleeping head that I wanted to mod to replace the head I already had...
      and the second head I bought was woosoo, and I really could only afford the head (that I'm still paying off via layaway >.>;; )

18. I got my head because I thought he was pretty. He'll get a body when Luts sells Super Senior Delf bodies.

19. I think buying heads.... well, some people only make heads. Migidoll anyone? Others don't like the bodies certain companies produce. I just like all the pretty sculpts ;D

20. I agree with what everyone here has said so far, just about.
      Some people also only buy heads for the sole purpose of practicing faceups and/or other various forms of customization.
      Sometimes those "workshop" dolls grow on you though, and you're stuck needing a body anyway >>;