1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

why you love anthros?

Jan 21, 2010

1. I love anthros because they're really adorable. I love love love animals! I like the myth of anthros and have always been drawing anthros. My Zuzu's are the little gems of my collection ^^

2. Anthro dolls are cute and I enjoy drawing animals in a cartoony way (or anthro form whichever). I think anthro dolls inspired me a lot which I am very thankful for.

no offense, although I adore a lot of the normal human BJDs my friends own, I'm still somewhat reluctant to have one in my room myself... most "KILLER dolls" stared in the movies are human dolls and they just scares me a little from time to time...

3. I love animals!

4. Ditto I Love animals so Animal BJD's are perfect for me : ) I have 6 dogs I would have more if I had some land and had more patience. Since getting my French Bulldog Jackson he keeps me very busy he's not a calm dog lol

5. I grew up enjoying stories with talking animals that wore clothes and walked around like humans, so it's only natural I love anthro dolls :) Plus they're just so darn cute! How could you resist? XD

6. I'm a cat freak and that's why cat dolls tempt me.. Actually I'm not interested in any "normal" dolls this far. I discovered Pipos some time ago and I'm all sold!! They just speak to me via my monitor, whispering something that I can't resist.
      I so wish my real cats could talk ;) I dunno where that came from!

7. The reason why I've become a new doll-lover was definitely anthros! ACB was the first doll I fell in love with. :3

8. In BJD animals there is a special charm! Especially when them you dress up causes weight of positive emotions!

9. Why do I love anthros?
      Even though I have only just discovered BJD's, it was an anthro that first got me interested in them and looking at them(ACB). And when I first saw the variety of animals you could get I practically squeeled with delight! They are adorable without clothes and most of the time a simple hat, bow or cape is all you will need to make them look adorable since them running around nekid is totally acceptable :P I cannot wait to get my first anthro which will also be my first BJD! ... I just need the funds... hehe ^.^;

10. Okay. I resisted for the longest time.... When I wanted to make a doll, I was thinking of a cat anthro (like two years ago) but now that Pipos made these R PI cats, they're in the exact style of love. None of the other cat dolls before this have won me.. I always felt they were too cutesy, but these have a little more spunk (oh the cheshires were just too unrealisticly featured and just a little creepy ;P).

Its kind of strange cause in the DA world I really STRONGLY dislike anthros and furries.... but Pipos dolls really make me think of, as others have said, Wind in the Willows and Peter Rabbit and Little Bear (even though the only animals wearing clothes in that are mother bear and father bear xP). Well, I admit I didn't read much peter rabbit or wind in the willows, but they were always floating around, and I loved Little Bear... and my mom always loved things with peter rabbit type illustrations so I've grown up seeing that as something really cute and childlike and innocent (unlike DA anthros which have been way oversexed or just.. humans with animal features as opposed to animals with human features <-- opinion).

11. Yeah the whole "furry fandom" can seem creepy, from the outsied, but then again what about anime lovers? Don't they have their yaoi fans? And even cat girls? And I'm not even going to get started on the massive amounts of hentai, and the weird things I've seen with tentacles. I'm new to the bjd world, but it even has it's freaks. I recently discovered a LJ community dedicated to "doll erotica." So hating furries because there's an abundance of sexual art is the pot calling the kettle black. I think every fandom, or community of people has it's freaks. And anyone looking in from the outside will tend to notice them first, and make an ill found judgment.

Me, well, I like anthros because I'm into furries, and cartoon animals, and the like. They are simply adorable. I draw them, have role played characters based of animals, and love my 4 cats dearly. So naturally, they appeal to me. Honestly, they were what lured me into BJD's in the first place, aside from me being a closet otaku. xD

12. I'mma furry artist soooo I draw them, rp with them, and simply love the customisation that comes along with anthros (or furries) in drawings.
      When I discovered BJDs I wasn't looking for Anthro dolls, but I found Pipos and simply fell in love with the little Loly sculpt.
      I saw one of my OCs in her, someone I could draw and wright about, but also sew for and cuddle in reality as well.

That is why I love them.
      :aheartbea

13. I grew up with tons of cute little animal plushes, and I've always felt like I 'connect' more with animals than I do with other humans. Sure, I love the human-shape BJDs, but so many of the anthro dolls I've seen (cats, especially - I'm a cat-lover through and through) are just too adorable and who WOULDN'T want to show a tiny one off? In my experience, people seem less creeped out by the anthro dolls than they do with the human ones, so more people would crowd around to gape at a tiny and cute kitten BJD.

14. I am a little particular when it comes to anthros! I guess I depend on how they're being used. I don't really like the adult ones being used in sexual photographs or story lines. I've found I like the anthros being used as "imaginary friends" to child human dolls the best. Lol, I'm so picky! However, I really do love them and am thinking about getting a little tiny one myself ><

15. It's just a higher level of fantasy for me- animals talk in Wonderland, in fairy tales, that whole thing.

Just more escapism from the real world, I love how cute my piggy can be, yet am always surprised by the human range of emotions she can display.

I think Alice Cherry Blossoms must be responsible for a whole slew of people falling in love with bjds!

16. I adore anthros because I am an anthro artist. Plus this little guys are so cute I definitely want to get my hands on one, or two. . . or three.

17. I love anthros because my cats (in the past) haven't exactly been all that fond of being dressed up. That "we're not amused" look they give does make me laugh (although, as an adult, I would not dress them up anyway). So! Basically, I love them for the fact that they can look as dapper as I want them to be without getting my eyes clawed out (that's when I get one, that is).

18. I love animals and Anthros was what got me into collecting BJDs. I would say about 90% of my BJDs are Anthros :)

19. I just happen to like some BJD anthros. I'm very very nitpicky about it though so it keeps me from buying more of them. Like there may be a certain feature in the face I like but then get turned off by it's head shape and mouth/muzzle.

20. I'm very into anthro art and characters, so when i saw the anthro BJD's I fell in love with some of them. I saw some, because others are downright creepy. ^_^;