1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wig Colours

Aug 2, 2017

1. I actually wanted my doll to have dark brown or black hair for most of the time but to be honest, there are just sooooo many beautiful wigs that aren't in this specific colour so I tend to buy and exchange the wigs without really paying much attention to what I originally planned for my doll. :)

2. midnight blue hair is a very stunning colour though and I bet because of it's rarity and uniqueness it looks beautiful on a tall doll

3. Out of the six wigs I own only two are the same colour, I really enjoy mixing it up and trying out new colours and styles.

4. I love looking at wig colours, especially on other people's dolls. They can really change a look, in fact they're the easiest aspect to change. But right now my doll looks best in only certain colours, so I only have wigs in those colours. When I get more dolls, I'll be expanding my wig colours too.

5. In theory I like the idea of having more then one wig in more colors to give a fresh look, but only one of my dolls has a wig in a wildy different color. A silver one as opposed to her normal black, and even then I usually like to leave them in their "stock wig".
      I love wigs with a lot of color, especially fantasy colors, but ironically enough most of mine seem to have conceivably natural hair colors!

6. yeah ! I'm always amazed at how different a doll can look with a simple wig change

7. I find I am the opposite :lol: I like the idea of natural coloured hair but always end up getting crazy fantasy colours

8. I often buy wigs of unusual colors (gray, pink, etc.) but mostly wigs of similar colors (cream, brown)!!

9. I love colors like cream, brown and white , but Iooking for red, blue and purple wigs <3

10. all beautiful colours ! I love red and pink wigs myself ;)

11. I thought I had a random mix of doll hair color until I realized that they tend to have whatever color *I* have when I get them lol (the exception is if I get one doll and later get their child or brother or something so the new one's color will match the older one) After I realized this, my newest doll at least has white hair and my hair has never been white.

[​IMG]

12. Ahh that´s really funny <3 I love your hair colors , the red one is great!

13. That's cool!

Wouldn't work for me as they'd all end up with steadily greying brown hair (although if I were to do it at the moment I would need to find a curly brown wig with all the grey bits dyed green, which might prove to be a bit of a task in its own right).

Teddy

14. I try to find each of my dolls their perfect wig and then keep them in that. Most of my doll's wigs are natural colors, and most of them are black or dark brown. A couple of my dolls have fantasy colored hair, and I plan to get a fantasy colored wig for one of my dolls who doesn't yet have a wig.

15. Guinevere and Johanna both wear one particular color; Guinevere is a pale blonde, while Johanna is a dark brunette. I vary the styles of wig a lot, but I always stick with the same color for both of them. Alistair is the exact opposite; I have a preferred look for him, but anything goes. He's got wigs in just about every color, plus eyes to match. As for Johnny and Chloe, they have one wig that they wear all the time. Johnny is a dark blonde, while Chloe has silver hair. Both of them have a very specific character so I never change their wigs. So it varies with me. I have some who wear a particular color and some who don't.

#35 RagingMoon1987, Aug 15, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    16. It depends on the doll.

For Vince, I mostly put him in brown wigs-- his eyebrows are brown, so I think of that as his 'natural' color, but he's got a blue wig, a mixed-color one, a black-with-red-streaks, and a green one on the way that he's going to claim for himself... so he actually has more non-brown wigs than brown ones, since he really only needs one short and one long brown wig.

For Pete and Billy, keeping them in their natural hair color is important to me... they each just have their one wig, though Billy has worn Marigold's red wig.

And for Marigold, her natural hair color, as a magical creature, changes constantly, so I'll be free to buy/make her wigs in any style/length and any color that falls within her autumnal palette.

17. Hyacinth I can only picture with her mousy mop of hair--although I'd like to get her a different style in the same colour at some point. I've tried her in other wigs, and they just don't work. She needs that natural, innocent fluff.

Saskia, on the other hand? Well, I make her wigs now (it's the best way to get them to fit) so anything goes. I want to get some nice fiber once I go back to school at the local weaving shop so that I'm not limited to yarn, but any old colour works for her character. Teal, pink, brown, mint green... sure, whatever. As long as the style stays the same. That's the only real *must*.

18. When a doll first comes home, I usually have a color specifically for them (some have mixes of colors), but sometimes that color just doesn't suit them when they arrive! So I play around until I find a suitable color for each doll. My boys used to have more natural colors, but I've strayed away from that, haha! My girls have always had bright & fun colors 8)

I only have two dolls with similar-colored hair, but that's only because they're fraternal twins. :3

19. I like colors that are not normal but not too out there. Like my one bjd has a red wig, and i really like the color on him, although if he doesnt want the color then i will change it until he ends up liking it.

20. I prefer to stick with what the character would naturally have or how they would dye it. It's interesting to try other colours but I've never liked to differ much.