1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wigs for Elfdoll Rainy girls?

Jul 6, 2005

1. piktorouge: they probably are on the large side.

2. I know you asked it a while ago, but I thought I could answer this for sure. I JUST bought a Dollmore 7-8 (MSD) size wig for my Soah, and it is toooooooo small. It pops right off her head. I don't know about the SD size though since I haven't got one, but in the future I may be able to answer that one.

3. This thread has been incredibly helpful to search for advice and links to bookmark until I gain Marketplace access. :)

4. For those of you who want to know about Iplehouse wigs... they do not fit (at least they don't fit Soah). They are actually too small; even for their own dolls they are a bit tight.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfectly-fitting black bob wig for my Soah!!

5. Thank you so much for that info... I'm glad I ask first, almost bought one:sweat

6. Well, I have an Elfdoll Sooah Polaris, who normally wears size 7-8 wigs, so would the Luts 7-8 wigs (or 9-10) work on her as well?

7. I have had a 7-8 Luts wig on my Soah - it's snug and took some care in putting on, but looked fabulous on!

8. I must disagree - I have this YID wig for my SD13 Cyndy, and tried it on my Soah for the purpose of this thread - it is a bit large, but quite a decent fit.

I have found that when it comes to wigs people belong to either of these two schools of thought:
      • I want doll wigs that are easy to put on - you should be able to put them on like a hat, *plop*, and be done. If you can't, they are too small!
      • I want doll wigs to be very proportional on the doll's head - the wig cap should fit snugly on the doll's head without bulging in order to look good on. I don't mind pulling on a doll wig carefully to achieve this effect.

I definitely subscribe to the latter, which I suspect is why I get such different results trying on wigs...

9. I have a Monique Buttercup 8/9 on my Sooah and it fits well, though it does tend to slip. I am going to be either putting velcro/moleskin on her head to help with that. I tried on a 7/8 Monique Ginger and it didn't look right to me. It went on after some fiddling and stayed on, but I don't know, it seemed to ride high on her forehead. Didn't look natural.

10. i have a few monique wigs for my lydia and sooah in 8/9 and they do fit well

11. Does anyone know what size Cotin doll wigs fit Elfdoll Rainy girls? I have my eye on one or my Sooah but they only have size 7 - 7.5 inches and then jump to 8.5 - 9.5 inches.

12. I thought I would add for future reference that Cherish Doll msd wigs are a tight fit, but they do fit my Lydia

13. Whew, reviving an ancient thread, but I have some info which is relevant and might help someone out...

I was trying wigs on one of my Elfdolls to be a model for my sales thread, and so I can give some input on the fit of certain wigs...

She's an Elfdoll Carolei (which is basically just a NS RuRu).

[​IMG]
      In an 8/9 Monique Gold Jpop... The fit is okay, but pretty darn loose.

[​IMG]
      In an 8/9 Monique Gold Starr... Like the Jpop, being the same size, it tends to slip off now and then (this one does especially since I guess it's a little top-heavy).

[​IMG]
      In a 7/8 Leeke wig. Surprisingly this was a great fit! Just a tad snug but once it's on, it's pretty secure. It's the heat-resisting fiber type and has a really stretchy cap compared to the other standard Leeke wigs I've had.

[​IMG]
      And I know some of you were curious about the bigger Luts wigs... This is a 9/10 heat-resisting fiber wig from Luts. It's wearable, but it really just "sits" on her head rather than grips it at all... You'd definitely need velcro or something like that to keep it on and she still kinda swims in the cap.

Hope this helped someone out. :)

14. I have a Soah and I buy 8/9 for her. She's velcroed at the crown and at the back of the head and they fit fine. I've never tried a 7/8, I'd think it would be too small. Her own limited wig would not stay on her head until I velcroed it-it felt small and as it was a long wig, it was very heavy.

15. After buying so many wigs that were too big, I bought MSD size VOLKS! They fit perfect ,nice and tight and stay on!

16. Just thought I'd add.. My Elfdoll June, Angie, wears a 7/8 Monique Gold "Pretty Girl" in Carrot and the fit is divine!

Goes on easy and stays on secure without velcro, rubber bands, or anything else.

[​IMG]

So I'll agree with what a few people have previously said... 7/8 Monique wigs fit PERFECTLY.

17. Is Soah's head smaller than the other Elfdoll girls? Because I referenced this thread when I bought a 7-8 Leeke wig for June and it's too small for her. It keeps bulging on the top of her head even with a rubber band to add some friction.

18. June and Carolei are incredibly beautiful.