1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wigs to fit Elfdoll Rainy boys?

Jul 25, 2006

1. Jpop/Monique wigs tend to run smaller than described. A wig labeled 8/9 will really fit a 8" and maybe even a 7" head, but will stretch to fit a 9". The wonderful thing about Jpop/Monique wigs are that they will fit different head shapes as well as sizes since the cap is so deep!

The odd thing about the Elfdoll's head is that it is more egg-shaped than watermelon-shaped (like I imagine a Luts head would be like).

Kondoll sells some smaller SD sized wigs for wee-noggined kids like Elfdoll, Lati and Dream of Teens!

2. So you'd recommend 8-9 inch from Jpop, then? :)

And yeaaaah. My resin boy's got an egg for a head!

I don't suppose you've tried any of the Leeke mid-sized wigs? The one in between the Large and the MSD sized?

3. Yes for the Jpop, because my Elfdoll boy is currently wearing a 8/9 one ^_^

I don't know about recent Leeke wigs, but I have a 8/9 Dollga one from last year and it is waaaay too big for him. Their elastic doesn't have much stretch to it and it's more suited for the watermelon-head types.

4. Do any of the Leekeworld wig sizes - from the largest to the MSD sized - fit your Elfdoll boys and girls?

I was asking this question in the Pic Request forum, but realized I was perhaps asking in the wrong place. Whooops. :sweat

In my experience, the largest Leeke wigs sized L on the tags were way too big and the MSD sized M on the tags were too small, but could potentially be wrangled on after much frustration and tugging.

There's a newer in-between size out there and I was wondering if anyone's tried that size between that L and the M and what their experiences were.

So... Leekeworld wig experiences anyone?

5. The new in between size is a pretty good fit. :) I was going to try to get a pic of the one I've got here on my Red... but I can't seem to find it. :sweat I don't remember exactly how it fits, just that it wasn't horrible. lol I'll update with more info when I find it, if nobody else has spoken up yet.

6. Thanks so much Akari, I'd really appreciate it! :)

Your advice regarding Cancan's 8 inch wigs was right on, so even if you can't find the wig, I'd trust your description and/or advice on the Leeke wigs all the same.

I really like the Leeke wig styles, but... I'm not exactly terribly willing to shell out more $$ only to find out that 'GRAHITDOESN'TFIT... AGAIN!'. :sweat

(Can you tell that's happened a lot?)

7. Are the male Elfdolls also a size 7-8?
      I'm mainly interested in K's size, but any help is helpful! ;)

8. Elfdoll K takes size 8-9 like the other boys.

9. I was incredibly frustrated by my K and his wig. None of my SD-sized wigs fit him--they were all far too large, even the 8"-9" wig. I tried a Volks MSD wig (so, 7"-8") on him, and it fit perfectly. K seriously has one of the smallest heads I've seen in person on an SD-sized doll. It's a funny-shaped head too--narrow and very egg shaped.

So, I'd recommend trying a 7"-8" wig on K first. ^-^ Hope that's helpful!

10. vanityfairy: Here's my Elfdoll K wearing an Iplehouse 8-9" fur wig. Iplehouse wigs fit him very well, the hairline is cut in a natural way and frames his face very well. I've tried Volks SD wigs on him but I don't recommend Volks wigs on him because they are made bigger to accomodate Volks' headsculpts which have a bulbous occipital lobe (i.e. back of the head) that holds the metal plate (and they're really expensive also, yikes).
      Jpop wigs 8-9" also fit him well.

[​IMG]

11. Rezzing the thread to add some info

I bought my Mir a DoD wig recently...they come in half sizes so it is an 8.5 wig and it fits him nicely I still use velcro circles but it fits nice...
      [​IMG]

and I have an MSD with a leekeworld wig...and since there was a question I tried it on my Mir and wow Leekeworld 7-8 Wig fits my Mir really nicely and shocking...he doesn't look too bad with red hair LOL
      [​IMG]
      sorry both pictures are horrible and show that my extremely yellow kitchen is like a second sun

looking at them both and feeling them both I might order another leekeworld wig for my Mir they are much nicer and softer and the fly aways are not as bad but DoD is another option to add to the mix

12. My Mir Elfdoll's head measures 8 1/8 inch. A Monique Gold size 8-9 is too large. I make my own wigs out of rabbit fur I bought inexpensively at Hobby Lobby, which is way fun, and an easy afternoons project, which I heartily recommend. So soft!

13. Monique gold wigs in size 8/9 are too large for Elfdolls. I have a Mir and his head measures 8 1/8 inches.

Though a quick trick is to take a 1/4" wide piece of elastic that is 2" long, place it in the back of a wig that is too large, at the bottom of the wig, and sew about 4 stitches by hand just tacking the dead center of the elastic in the dead center of the wig, put it on the doll inside out, stretch the elastic as far as it will go on one side, tack 4 stitches and knot it securely in place, repeat the process on the other side, turn the wig right side out, and it will stay in place.