1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I have dolls from Japan, Korea, and China. I love them all and will certainly buy more. It's all about the doll for me. I don't care where they're made as long as I love them.

Edit: I have several on my wishlist at the moment. Probably the next doll from China I will buy is Dream Realm Mr. K. I adore his snarky face.

2. I'm not new to doll collecting, but very new to BJDs. I'm still learning a lot about the different brands of dolls. Right now, the only doll I own is a Ringdoll "Rebecca" (still waiting for the right name, even though she has *tons* of personality) I think that Ringdoll is *awesome*! I go to their website and gawk at their stuff all the time.

Yet, for me it's not just the brand, but the individual dolls...If I like something, I'll want it. Not a very difficult connection there. I also sometimes go to the Volks site and look at their dolls (I like Megu), and I've scooted around on the internet looking at various other doll companies, but nothing else really sticks out at me so far.

3. Some of my dolls and hyrbid parts are Chinese -- I have several full BBBs, a Fantasy Doll body for one of my heads, and two B&G heads (a Freya and a Sandra). I've really become fond of B&Gs head sculpts and they've worked well for several of my characters.

When buying dolls I often buy to fit a specific character -- this has become more and more the case the longer I've been in the hobby. I've discovered that just buying a doll because it's pretty doesn't work quite as well. So, having a doll work for a character is vitally important.

4. My only doll is from Dollzone, which is a company I love very much ^^

5. I personally love companies from all areas of the world. Some of my favorite doll sculpts were created by Chinese brands.

My main priority is the actual face sculpt - if I fall in love with one, I don't care where it is made! :XD: Customer service is a must, too.

So far I own one "true" doll from China: My Dollzone Jake. I loved the sculpt the moment I saw owner pictures and knew I had to own him!

My Dolkot Day - though from a Korean company - is "part Chinese" as Dolkot's factory is located in China. :XD:

I am waiting on a Bobobie ♂ Ariel as we speak. When I saw those big, droopy ears it was love at first sight! So far my experience with the company has been excellent (fantastic customer service!)

Some other dolls on my wishlist are from Chinese companies. Angell-Studio Cinderella was one of my first dolly loves (gosh, she's just gorgeous!), Dollzone Morphoa, B&G Sky. Is Abio Angel a Chinese company? If so, their Shi is a love of mine, too.

BJDs from Japan, Korea, China... I love them all! :D

6. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      I already have several dolls from Chinese companies. Three full B&G dolls, one B&G head on a different body, an RS Song and a bunch of hybrids with bodies from Chinese companies, not because they were less expensive, but because they fit my idea of the character. One of my B&G bodies has gone through 3 heads and I'll never get rid of it. I'm as attached to the body as any head XD

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      Probably B&G. Almost all of their sculpts appeal to me in some way.

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      I have two ways of picking dolls, one is by character. The features have to really match the character before I buy it.
      However I'll also get a doll if I like it enough to decide I need it regardless of character or I can easily come up with one for the doll. I have fewer of those than "character dolls" and oddly, most of those are the Chinese sculpts, Sapphira and Song being the two that were just too cute for me to pass up. I've learned that I really like elf ears since joining this hobby and can make exceptions for elves easier than "human" dolls. Stick some pointy ears on a head and I'm sold!! XDD

7. I have a thing for Chinese companies. The general aesthetic just fits me, and I've noticed most of the dolls that jump out at me by sculpt alone are by Chinese artists. Currently, I own only two dolls, but between the doll's I've owned, 3 of five are Chinese, and my wish list includes a few more.

I can't say I have a favorite, myself, since I haven't owned enough dolls by different companies to really pick, but Impldoll and Dollzone are definitely near the top.

8. I have a few Chinese dolls currently, and several more I want. I have a feeling that some of the dolls I have that were designed elsewhere were probably cast in China, too, which never troubled me. If I like the doll, I don't worry about what country it was designed in, or cast in, or packaged in.

9. I have two chinese dolls, Dollzone Xi and Angell Studio Vera. Both are mini.

I'd really love to get some Spiritdoll girls one day :D And DZ Mo as a girl <3
      I don't have a favourite chinese company though. They all have something I like and I don't like xD;

10. Hm, there are several Chinese companies whose dolls I like, but actually I don't own any...but I'm seriously in love with Loongsoul Doll's new girl body, so I'm pretty sure she'll come home...as soon as I have the funds :) She'll be my first Chinese doll (well...doll part, because the head is already home :sweat)

11. I have an Impldoll Star Boy Body in WS for my Soom R. Horned Heliot head. I think it is a very nice body :)

12. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      I like some of the dolls that have been produced by Chinese BJD companies as much as I love my Korean and Japanese dolls. Three of my dolls are hybrids on Chinese BJD company bodies. My last hybrid doll will be from two different Chinese BJD companies (SpiritDoll and Resinsoul/DragonDoll). I also have a lovely tiny from a Chinese BJD company. :)

I like SpiritDoll the most overall for their head and body sculpts--their work is really beautiful all around. I am also impressed by Oasisdoll, Heisejinyao Ziyulinglong, Loongsoul, DragonDoll, Dikadoll, Angell Studio, and Dollzone (their recent sculpts are the ones I like best). I like Impldoll's creativity lately and I also love the amazing posability of their bodies. As for more independent sculptors, I like checking out the work of N.Y.X. Doll, Yuehuajiaren, and Cinderella. The works of the last two sometimes come up on TaoBao, but it's not very often that I see them. For cutesy sculpts, I really like B&G as well as Ixtee.

Firstly, I make sure that they'll suit the character I want them for. Then, I look at the face (I tend to like realistic sculpts best), then the posing ability of the body, then the overall sculpt.

13. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      All my BJD came casually from South Korea, but if there was a BJD I would truly like to have which was Chinese, or from other country, I would also try to get it.

No new characters (BJD) in mind, but an extra head for one of them which I would get from Angell-Studio.

The sculpt. I have to really like it and it has to suit my vision of a (One Piece manga and anime series or own creation) character at a same time.

14. Mostly I like concept and style of Chinese doll company^^ Ringdoll is my faverite .
      I got points by Dollzone contest so I bought my first boy's body from dollzone,at that time I heard a lot of things about Chinese company.I have to say I was a little panic.But when I got him I really like him.Pose is good.Resin is not so fragile,and I like how he's seamless.

15. I only have one doll, an RS Rong. I love her very much and would gladly buy from them again. I love the way their female dolls look.

I think Angell-Studio's stuff is simply fabulous, though.. I may buy from them in the future.

16. I have a Bobobie Elfkin and he's super cute! Definitely higher quality than what I expected for the price - I was pleasantly surprised :D
      I also plan to own a Kizdolls Deey in the future. He's really gorgeous, too!
      Basically it doesn't really matter to me where the doll comes from - just as long as the doll is pretty. ;D

17. most of my dolls are from china like:
      Heisejinyao Ziyulinglong ( HZ doll )
      Asleep Eidolon ( AE )
      Fantasy doll ( Fdoll )
      i love them very much they are people who wont buy from a chinese company, they think they are cheap quality, but i think they are great as well. I LOVE MY DOLLS

18. What is OR doll?

I have a few dolls from Chinese companies, Dollzone, Angell-Studio, BBB/Resinsoul, Angel of Dream, where is Abio Angel from?

19. I've had a few Fantasy Doll bodies in the past, and was pretty pleased with them considering the price I paid... I've since sold all of them, but they were great temp bodies for some of my floating heads while I had them.

Currently, I don't have any dolls from China, but that may change. I've always sort-of wanted a DZ Megi to turn into an impish little oni, so I might well end up doing it some day. They're odd little guys, but cute in their own way.

20. My first doll ever will be a Doll Family Lyre and they're based in China. As long as I like it I don't care where it comes from.