1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I seriously don't care what country my dolls come from. As long as they are well-made and what I want from the doll, the country does not matter. I have a DollZone Megi and I really love him. He is well-made and his resin is really nice. I plan to get another DollZone doll in the future sometime too.

2. I have a doll from Resinsoul. I dont care where the company comes from as long as I like the sculpt. :P

3. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

Three of my dolls are Chinese. :) They are from Bobobie and Resinsoul. And one of my dolls has a Chinese body (Abio Angel.)

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?

I kind of love Bobobie/ResinSoul - there's just something so earnest about them, and really charming about their face sculpts, and you can't beat their price point. Love their resin, too. But there are many other Chinese companies I love and one day may buy from: Asleep Eidelon, 5starDoll, Angell Studio, Two-S Doll, Impldoll, Doll Family, Faco-doll, Dragondoll, Angelfantasy, and I really want Lost Angel Wind, just to name a few.

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?

Face! It's all about facial sculpt. This may be why there are so many Chinese companies on my wishlist, maybe the Chinese aesthetic just appeals to me. Posing is secondary to me. And I like dolls to be well sanded. And within what I think the doll is worth. Which country they come from is a very minor point - although I have a sentimental attachment to Chinese companies, to be honest, my dolls are a mixture of origins.

ETA: Some people are asking about Abio Angel, they are Chinese. There are three companies that arose out of the ruins of Mythdoll: Bobobie, Wishel (gone) and Abio Angel (possibly gone.)

4. I have one Chinese doll, a Dollzone Hid. I was really thrilled with his quality, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from Dollzone again. I haven't really had much experience with any other Chinese dolls though.

But yes, it's all about the sculpt. I buy the dolls who's faces and bodies appeal to me, it doesn't matter nearly as much where they come from.

5. I have dolls from Korea and Japan, but also from China and it doesn't matter to me where the doll is from. If I like the sculpt and the colour of the resin it's fine with me. The dolls from my doll family that are from China are Angel of Dream, Bobobie, ResinSoul, Dollzone and Boy&Girl.

6. I don't see why not.
      I currently own a AbioAngel Liu and a AS leira, which both happens to be from a chinese company ^__^
      I personally think AS has really nice mods, and they are my favourite company apart from bluefairy.
      When i look for a BJD i will first decide on the size and gender of what i want to get, then i start looking. first the face, then body and at last the price. Although i always feel guilty saying so, but sometimes the price can put me off >.<

7. I don't really care where the company is from, it's about the moulds for me. If they seem to be a solid company with good quality and service then I would order from just about anywhere really.

8. I purchase dolls based on whether or not they appeal to me, not who made them or where they were made. I currently have dolls from Japan, Korea, Australia, the USA, and China.

9. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      I have a head from Dikadoll. I will be purchasing more from this company, and others.

Spiritdoll, Dikadoll, Ringdoll (for amazing clothes)

The face sculpt, and the quality.

10. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

I currently do not own any full dolls made by a Chinese company. I am sure I will in the future, there are many talented Chinese doll artists!

My favorite right now would be Spiritdoll. I really like their concept art and their sculpts have been very diverse and they are always making improvements on their dolls. I hope to own a Spiritdoll some day.

I look at everything about the doll and the company.

I like the doll to be a complete success. I want a doll with a nice sculpt - both head and body. I like a sense of complete balance between all of the parts. I expect a doll to have good engineering - they should be able to sit and stand easily. I like to have a sense of who the artist or company is - I love to see work in progress pictures and notes from the artist as it gives me a sense of connection with the artist's thoughts about process! I insist on having quality resin.

11. I don't care very much about where a doll company is located as long as they behave like doll artists and not toy manufacturers.
      I will avoid any company that has a poor customer service record.
      The most important thing about a doll I purchase is the quality of the resin, the aesthetics of the sculpt and the precision of the engineering. All three must be of high quality.
      Price is not important to me and I believe that the undercutting of prices on dolls has done more damage to the aesthetic standards in this hobby than anything else.

12. Already have.

Bobobie/Resinsoul and Dollzone.

13. Like other's before me, I don't choose the dolls by which country they're from, but rather; how they look. I'm not sure, but I think Angel of Dream is from China and I quite like them. I also like DollZone a lot.

14. If I like a doll, i like a doll. All that matters to me is that it's not recast from someone else's originals. It's country of origin doesn't matter to me.

15. I love Dollzone dolls, my very first doll is a Dollzone mo and he is still my favorite. He means a lot to me.
      I feel that where a doll company is from isn't important. What is important is the sculpt and how reliable
      the company's service is. As long as I get good service and a beautiful doll, origin doesn't matter to me. =3

16. I have dolls/parts from Bobobie, B&G, and Fantasy Doll, so far.
      Company origin doesn't matter to me, all that matters is if I like the face sculpt or the body sculpt/posability and if the company has good customer service/quality. I couldn't care less if a doll was from China, Korea, Japan, or some obscure little country. XD

It's hard to pick which Chinese company I like the most. It's either SpiritDoll or Dream Realm, I guess. They both have such unique sculpts and nice male bodies. |D

17. All of my dolls are currently Chinese ones. I have an HZ TianTian, 1 1/2 DragonDoll TangYao's, and a Island Doll Amy. It never was really an issue to me that they were from China, so I guess it never will be lol. I have to say I love the HZ dolls the best so far with their serious faces and beautiful bodies. I prefer more mature, realistic dolls, so I'm sure I'll be looking at some of the Korea companies sometime soon too.

18. I have owned an B&G doll, I have one from ImplDoll, and I have a Bobobie. So I would buy a Chinese doll! I just have to like the Mold first! :)

19. (Points to avatar) Dollzone ...I have owned a number of their dolls (I buy and sell a lot of dolls to see them in person, I find the DollZones are very well made). I also like Fantasy Doll, mostly because the people who run the company are nice :) and their dolls have great bodies. I have a Demon Garden boy body I like very much (and hope to buy more) and I also have an Impledoll Christopher. I find Impledoll has a lot of creativity and well-made bodies, too. I love that the Chinese bodies are all perfectly sanded and that each company has their own style. I would love to find more patterns to make historical Chinese clothes for my dolls, too!

So I have 3 DollZone girls, and 4 Impldolls as of 2011, and a Demon Garden boy body :) Oh, and a bunch of Angel of Dream bodies under other heads--I love the heavy resin and posablilty of the bodies!

And then there is Granado's Boyd..wow...don't have him yet, but ..wow.

20. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

I don't have any dolls from China as yet but I would certainly consider them. I love DZ Beata ever since she came out and the HZ boys are pretty awesome- infact I want that body for my I.O.S. heads.

I like Dollzone's new sculptor and the direction they've taken this past year with girls like Beata and Morphoa. The new animal dolls they came out with are adorable too. The HZ boys are all amazing too.

I care most about the sculpting. The face first then the body. Ugly joints will keep me from buying a doll, not country of origin.