1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I think most of mine are from China, and a few are originally from Korea.

I have dolls from Dollzone, Doll Chateau, 5StarDoll, Resinsoul and Bobobie.

2. Many of my dolls are from China, I love them. Most of them got even better quality compared to Korean dolls when it comes to seamlines - when I touch my Dikadolls they are so smooth and have absolute no seamlines while I'd could cut cheese with Iplehouse's dolls...

3. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      Out of my entire collection I'd say about half is from China, be it a head, whole doll, or a body. So sure, if a company basen in China makes dolls I like I'll buy them, same goes for any other country.

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      Tough one, there are so many, but if we speak in terms of their creative side, fullset and how they showcase their dolls then LoongSoul and RingDoll takes the cake. They really put quite some work and detail into their fullsets, RingDoll especially as of late. It's amazing what they can manage to make and I love seeing the wips of the process from RD, would be cool of LoongSoul posted wips as well.

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      If I like the body, the head sculpts, if only the body then I note it down to be a possible candidate for a hybrid, and visa versa.

4. All but one of my BJD's are from Chinese companies. Most are from Dollzone and one is from Doll-love and one is from Blackbox. That one exception is from Korean Luts. I don't really care about the country of origin. It's more important how the doll looks and works/poses. Since most of my dolls are from Dollzone, I guess that would make it my most loved Chinese company. I have wanted to buy Ringdoll Valo before and I someday would like to buy a Doll Chateau doll with that double jointed neck body. So I will probably choose a Chinese company to buy from in the future too.

5. i dont mind buying from chinese bjd companies as long they have nice sculpt :) for bodies, i guess most chinese bjd companies do have good pose able bodies too :)

6. I bought my first doll from Loongsoul nad it's a Chinese company. I love their projects and I've heard they do really good face-uping, they make dolls from a very gopod French resin (but you have to extra pay for it) and their dolls have got incredibly good posing. And I think they're quite unique, because their limited dolls aren't limited in time periods, but in quantity. So you know that you buy a doll which will be made only for 50 or 60 customers

I think that Chinese companies aren't worse than Korean or Japanese in any way.

7. Yeah, why not. I have no specific company in mind.

8. Yes, Myou is the best!

9. Considering I own some, I would say yes. The only thing really that would deter me from buying a bjd from China is if it were obviously a bootleg.

Personally, I think bjds from all countries have merits. There's good and bad from any country that produces them. There are some Chinese companies that produce really high quality, well made and awesome posing dolls, while some Korean or Japanese companies have been known to have quality and poseability issues (even amongst the most highly coveted). There are, of course, some that are produced in China that are more poorly made or run of the mill along with higher craftsmanship from those other places.

I take it on a company by company basis for quality, poseabilty, etc instead of country of origin. It's very dependent on the passion of the people behind the product, and that's a universal concept.

So yes: I'm more than happy to have my lovely Chinese made bjds because they're of very nice quality in my eyes:kitty2

10. considering to get a charm doll soon which is a chinese company

Edit: now i have a napidoll rogebell on volks sd10 girl body, so i have korean and japanese sculpts

#610 LapisShufflin, Mar 7, 2018
      Last edited: May 15, 2018
    11. I recently ordered a doll from 2D Doll, which is a Chinese company. They look totally gorgeous! I don't think country of origin matters as long as the quality is good.

12. Most of my BJD family are from Chinese companies, some from Korea, and one from Japan. As long as I love the sculpt, it's well made, and is a legit company, I'm as happy to buy a doll from China as much as anywhere else.

#612 Sprouty, May 15, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    13. I like a lot of Chinese companies e.g. Dollzone. Some of their newer dolls are amazing!

14. Official BJD companies? I love DollZone personally though I don't have a doll from them yet. To answer your question though, yes I would buy dolls from a legit Chinese company!

15. Of course, as long as I like and want the sculpt! I'm in love with RingDoll Illya and I know one day he'll be mine <3

16. I love my Mystic Kids girl! I don't think she's inferior to my other dolls at all. The resin is a bit different, a bit shiny actually, but I don't mind it! She's a great poser as well!

I also have a doll on order from Asleep Eidolon, which is a lesser known and appreciated Chinese company, I believe.

I think as long as I love the sculpt, I will buy the doll, Chinese or not!

17. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      As long they are beautiful in my eyes, from which ever country they came from, it does not matter to me.

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      Personally I own an Oasisdoll. The sculpts are beautiful. I wish to get more from them.
      I've seen many nice Chinese companies around, like Ringdoll. Even the artist looks beautiful like a doll!

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      Eyes. I kinda prefer a gentle, not so big eyes.. Not into sharp nose. And I'm quite particular with joints... I'm picky! =D

18. Dollzone is an amazing company. Their dolls are so beautiful and their bodies are very. harmonious ^_^

19. I'm attracted to Chinese bjd company more than any other countries'. Maybe because they have many unique, aesthetic and maybe weird-looking sculpts. Some of my favorite companies are Dollzone, Doll Chateau, Flower&Junior, Miracle doll, Dream Valley, Conarium and some Chinese sculptors in taobao who have never been mentioned in DoA.

20. Yes I would and have. I really love Doll Chateau and DollZone. I just love their body sculpting detail in the 1/4 size, the thinner fingers and they have such beautiful unique sculpts. The beauty doesn't seem to be in a traditional way, but comes in a different way I can't explain.