1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. I would definitely buy from Chinese BJD companies! Dollzone is one of my favourites, their sculpts are so beautiful and they are very well made!

2. China has a lot good doll company now

3. As long as I like the sculpt and it is an original, very yes.
      I do feel like china doll companies put a lot of effort in presentation and showcasing their dolls *w*

4. I do choose chinese BJDs when the sculpt please me. By the way, my favorite company is a chinese one : ANother Secret. As long as it's original work I have nothing against chinese companies.

5. I don't particularly like most of their sculpts but they're a great source of affordable SD bodies and they do resin matching sometimes ^_^

6. In the beginning, I choose Chinese doll company because of the price level.
      All of these companies are my target company : Dollzone, Doll Chateau, 2ddoll and Resinsoul.:D

7. Loongsoul has my all time favourite sculpts! I do not own any of them, tragically, but someday I will!

8. Why not, there are many cool Chinese companies. I love Spiritdoll so much, I own a Snowdrop with default face up and she's such a cutie. Loongsoul's sculpts are beautiful even though not really my cup of tea, and they make awesome bodies, I bought two for hybrids. Dollzone, Doll Chateau, Ringdoll, Maskcat are also among my favs even though I don't own any of their dolls (but maybe someday)... Dream Valley is my new discovery but I already have their Silence in my plans. :D
      I don't usually care which country the doll comes from, sculpt is what's essential. Interesting faces, beautiful and well-posing bodies, that's what I choose carefully.

9. I currently have a 65cm boy body from Doll Family H for hybrids. The quality looks good and it stands really well. I don't really care about whether the doll is from a Chinese company, it depends more on whether I love the sculpt enough to buy it. Also, I already have a head from Dikadoll on my wishlist but since he's not limited, he's gotta wait till I got the funds for him haha

10. I like dolls from many Chinese companies. And body from Loongsoul and Popodoll is apart from the competition for me.
      And I agree with aenona - sculpt - that is important.

11. I only really like 5 Chinese companies: Dollzone, Myou, Asleep Eidolon, Angell-Studio and Aimerai (had no idea the last one was a Chinese company till recently).

Resinsoul's bodies (NOT THE HEAD SCULPTS) also intrigue me due to their lighter "marionette" type style.

The rest I'm not a fan of.

12. It was Loongsoul's Min Yan sculpt that got me to dive into the BJD hobby in the first place. Then came Angell Studio's Xi Shi, so yes to Chinese doll companies! I also love all the clothes crafters on Taobao, they're the only ones that make doll clothes in the certain ancient aesthetic I die for. >u>

13. Of course! DollChateau and DollFamily are amongst my top favorite companies out there (I had no idea DC was Chinese in the first place). I don't discriminate between country of origin as long as what they're doing is morally sound. I even own a ResinSoul doll and plan on getting another body from them since they do mods. I'll keep buying from China until tariffs get in the way.

14. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      My first boy which is Mystic Kids Carvel came from a Chinese company. Chinese companies always have good price.
      Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      Of course Mystic Kids since he is the only one from Chinese company.
      When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      The sculpt is the most important. Then is the size of body. I don't like body with very long leg or big feet. It will be hard to buy clothes and shoes.

15. I think every single BJD I have (or plan to buy currently) is Chinese

DC/DZ, Miracle Doll, Doll Leaves and Dream Valley are my favorite companies and I believe they're all Chinese. I don't know if it's just because there are a lot of Chinese companies or because China makes dolls that especially resonate with me, but I feel like Chinese companies are the ones that go the extra mile and think outside the box with their designs.

16. I love my Angell-Studio girl and Granado guy. Plus I have a layaway on a Dollzone doll. I have more Chinese dolls than anything!

17. Almost every item on my doll wishlist right now is from a Chinese company. DollZone Jing head, DollZone body, Spiritdoll Brume, Spiritdoll Healing body, MaskCat Anemone, a Maskcat body to replace my Volks SD10... Part of me regrets not buying POPOdoll Ramiel but I really just wanted his head and not his body since I only like owning female dolls.

Lots of Chinese companies have the amazingly detailed default faceups, so even if I don't want the sculpt, I see photos and think "I NEED that faceup...."

18. I'll look at the reviews. See how prompt they are at responding to concerns, the conflict resolution % rate and make a decision based on that. If all looks decent. I absolutely would buy from any given manufacturer.

19. I would. Some of my favorite sculpts are from Chinese companies.

20. Of course I like Chinese companies! My first BJD is gray from Dollzone