1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. My all bjd dolls (4) is from impldoll and one head is from Russia artist blackcherry. Impldoll is a great nice company with very nice and amazing face dolls :-).

2. I 1000% want a ringdoll alice 01 sooooo bad. Even just a head. I love her so much.

3. I don’t see why the country of origin of the dolls would effect the doll anyhow. As long as the doll is good looking and great quality and you love it it shouldn’t matter. I own dolls from Chinese Japanese and korean companies and I don’t love any of them any less than the others.

4. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      Hmmm, I definitely love angel studio and myou doll

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?

Myou doll! I love one of there new release girl ❤ definitely want to get her soon ^^

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      Definitely the cute sculpt :)

5. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      My friends tell me not to but I generally don't mind getting dolls from a Chinese company! As long as the doll is cute!
      I really love 2D Doll's sculpts. They're just so beautiful.
      Their face sculpts are just so beautiful. I loved 2D Doll's Cream and my eyes went immediately to his eye shape. Same with Scone and Almond, I went straight to their eye shape. It's just super beautiful!

6. Why not?:3nodding:
      Many companies in China have beautiful dolls:blushAbsolutely willing to buy:wiggle

7. Chinese bjd companies are awesome!!! There is so much variety and the quality is great and prices are very reasonable!

I can't stand people who put down anything that comes from China.

8. This thread really shows it age lol.

I recall from very early on in the hobby (~2004), dolls from Japan and Korea were perceived as the best in terms of quality and brand recognition. The hobby was also a lot smaller back then, too. I was on Yahoo Groups before Den of Angels was even around. DollZone, as one of the first Chinese companies, received numerous accusations for copying. They were also the "budget" option as well. The sculpts weren't my cup of tea (like Mo), but I don't recall them being copies of anything that I remember seeing. Each company had a pretty distinct aesthetic. In smaller groups, many people said they wouldn't want a Chinese doll.

There's a lot of racism when it comes to owning products that are made in China, and like @blackdahlia, I dislike it when people put down anything that is made in China, especially since there are so many talented artisans who paint, sew, and sculpt on a next level (tianba, story of a seventh day, anniedollz to name a few). I am Chinese, and I even see such stigmatizing thoughts amongst my own family...

Initially, my collection was full of Korean dolls since Custom House was the company I had loyally followed until their demise. I had a few Volks dolls, but they never really stuck around. Now, most of my dolls are Chinese brands and Chinese produced. There's just something about the aesthetic that I adore. :)

9. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      Lots of my dolls are from Chinese BJD company.
      Dc, Dz,and some of the personal artists
      How beautiful they are, basically the face. I would choose the face I like ahead of other choices.

10. Of cause, I like Yoyo from xagadoll.

11. Agreed. Face/body sculpt + quality > everything else in my opinion. =)

12. Sure! Why not)
      I allready have some dolls from Chinese companies and the quality is very high. I really like Angel Studio, Doll-Zone, Doll-Chateau. And I dream about Loongsoul Reno, who is currently sold out as this mold was a limited doll.
      I got decent service purchasing dolls in China so I don't have any reason not to shop there)

13. I only have a head from chinese company, and I love it. There's a lot of companies in china, and I have a plan to buy a body from one of there, granado doll. I don't think that all the chinese companies are low-quality.

14. It does. :lol:
      Nine years ago, when the question was first asked, it was probably more relevant.

I think I have about 60% Chinese and 40% Korean dolls. I don't have any Japanese dolls (yet).

15. It was definitely a lot more relevant back then. I got into the hobby about 11 years ago, and at that time there was still a strong bias against Chinese-made dolls (the first panel/meet I went to at a convention featured the panelists saying "Don't buy anything from China, it's all cheap ugly crap"). But even then the number of Chinese companies was growing, and there's so many of them today that it's tough to find anyone at all who would say all Chinese dolls are "cheap ugly crap" anymore. There's all the range of the full hobby just among those dolls that this question isn't even really relevant at all anymore, and I for one think that's great! No one should ever have to hear their dolls are "cheap ugly crap."

16. This is kind of an interesting question, especially with the comments about its relevance when it was asked vs now. I can definitely see entry of Chinese makers being questioned back then, but things have changed a lot over the past decade.

I don't know how many on here are able to remember when similar sentiments were applied to Japanese makers? Back in the 80s and even early 90s Japanese goods were considered inferior. Then suddenly things changed and their brand grew. Now we don't even think to question Japanese goods (especially electronics). I think it's similar growing pains for China.

Actually, I saw an article recently that mentioned some companies are moving out of China because it's becoming too expensive to manufacture there. Things are certainly changing.

17. Sometimes I have interest in ASDOLL MSDs cause the wonderful full sets.

18. Loongsoul has always been my favorite, and I like Telesthesia sculpts more and more now.

19. Yes. I purchased from ATStudio and I also like Telesthesia & Dragon.

#659 Seki, Jan 24, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    20. I've had 2 Chinese dolls in the past and they did not meet my standards. One of them did not have my favorite sculpting and the other I didn't feel like the other had any quality at all. I sold one and gave the other away. That being said, if I fell head over heels for a Chinese doll, I would get it. It just happens that Japanese companies favor the same traits I do, so all of my dolls have been Japanese since 2013.

I do enjoy looking at Angell Studio and some smaller companies like Gulliver XiaoXiao and Flower&Junior. Maybe one of them will release a doll that I can't live without!