1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. So, if I may ask, why is there a :( in the title?

I love my Chinese dolls as much as my Korean dolls, and I definitely loved the price of my Chinese dolls more!

2. I own several dolls from Chinese companies. I love dollzones, my first boy is a dollzone and I absolutely adore him. Nothing quite like Yuu's smirk. I also have a Popo doll body for my Luts head and I believe Popo doll is a Chinese company. I don't really consider which country a company is located in when choosing my dolls. I'm looking for posability and a face and body that attract me.

3. I don't see why country matters, personally; if you like the sculpt you like the sculpt, right?

Right now, I have a Fantasy Doll body for my Migi, and if they come out with their doublejointed body in a color that will match my other head, I'll probably get that for my other doll as well. I was considering an AoD body for him til I realized the resin wouldn't match. But oh well, he'll get a body someday.. and once I have him completed, he's getting an HZ uniform...
      And Dollzone's Yue is my second favorite doll ever - I just have no plans to get him because a) he's too big for me, and b) I wish his eyes were open!

Looks like I like Chinese BJD companies, doesn't it? Honestly, I don't care where a doll or its parts comes from, just as long as I love the doll itself.

4. I have an Asleep Eidolon Blueberry girl and I LOVE her very much, I love the quality!! My next one will also be from a Chinese company, a DollZone boy.:D

5. I have one doll and he second should come soon too - both are from Angell Studio, so I can safely say, that they are my favourite company :). It didn't matter to me, where are they from, I just fell on love with their dolls, and, like many before me said, this is the most important thing to me - if I love the doll, I really don't care, where it as produced.

6. My Henn is from Angellstudio too! And if any possible, I would like to take another dolls from them too.
      Actually, I do not care much where the company from, but how their dolls look like! I love my Henn, and although he's second hand doll, I thought Angell-studio have amazing resin, especially sun tanned skin tone.^o^

7. why not? they have adorable sculpts too. i like spiritdoll jade. and i also have a AA (body only). the thing is, some chinese companies don't have as posable bodies, so i'm not that crazy over them. head sculpt wise i just go for what i like. doesn't matter what company. though so far i've only got a lishe and a bliss.

8. I didn't realize it until now, but my 5Star Emma and AoD Wang Zi...are from Chinese companies...haha! And also, the doll I'm saving up for, a DZ Kimi--ALSO a Chinese company. XD Guess I must love Chinese companies haha. I for one ADORE Spiritdoll and AoD. Attention to detail, body-posing, and body proportion is what I pay attention to the most when choosing my dolls~

9. I don't have a doll from any Chinese companies yet, but there are a lot I've considered getting. I like quite a lot of the ones from Chinese companies, actually.
      My favorite company right now would probably be HZ or Dollzone. It's really the sculpt that makes me want a doll, not the company/company's country. Unless said company has a terrible rep, but that can be any company anywhere.

10. I apparently only like chinese made dolls my first doll with be a resinsoul dikadoll hybrid. I've yet to find a japanese doll maker that I truly love

Angell-studio is my all time favorite doll maker all there sculpts are so nice and elegant :)

For me its all about face shape and for smaller dolls how cute they are :) I want a doll that can be pretty much anything I want her to be ( I haven't found a boy I like either lol) also I love elf ears so much :) so if they have a nice face and elf ears I pretty much want them no matterwhat

11. I have an HZ boy and he's beautiful. I certainly want to get more HZs. I also have an RS doll and wouldn't mind getting another of those. I like the Chinese companies.

12. Most of my dolls are Chinese, and I'm especially impressed with my Impldoll dolls, they're so well made and pose beautifully! The only doll I have that isn't Chinese is the one in my avatar, which is a Korean doll (Napidoll). I have my eye on more Impldolls, though.

13. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      I dont know for sure if there Chinese but I plan on getting most of my dolls from AOD

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      So far AOD, but I plan to get an Iplehouse dolls eventually, although I'm not sure if thats a Chinese company either

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      The face shape and details put into the doll.

14. Definitely! i got several dolls from chinese company,s, my favourite is dollzone

15. Isn't Angell-Stuido Chinese?
      I love them so!
      I would buy from ANY company that treated both their dolls, costumiers, and works with love and respect!

16. Country is like, the last thing I know about a company XD I thought Angel of Dream was Korean till I saw on their site it says China. o.o;;; And I have several Chinese companies/dolls on my wishlist. lol If I like the doll, I don't care its country of origin.

My favorite I think would be either Resinsoul/Bobobie, Angel of Dream or Dollzone. Each for various reasons. Resinsoul/Bobobie because I have so many girl dolls I want from them. Angel of Dream for their 90cms! And Dollzone because I just love a lot of their sculpts.

17. I am a Dollzone addict.... and I love the Spiritdoll boys and the Ringdoll boys too!

18. Good Question, I must say! :)

Yup...this is a tough subject and it borders on a discussion regarding personal politics and what a person knows about a country...and how a person feels about the things that go on "under the hood" of that country. Just my adult opinion here since I actually do pay attention to the stuff that's going on in the world at large, lol.

You've got one end of the BJD world that seems to be centered in Japan and South Korea...however the more I looked into things I discovered that many (if not most/ correct me if I'm wrong here) BJD parts are actually fabricated in China. Seems like it is inescapable and just something you accept when you're in this hobby.

When I find a BJD I like I am most concerned with the dolls sculpt, points of articulation and body type. Where the doll's individual parts were fabricated is secondary thought to be totally honest here. But the reality of life in America is that sooooo much of our stuff is made is China anyway. Again, it feels inescapable....despite my feelings regarding some of the political meanderings/mishaps of the country I've learned to accept that beautiful things still come from such places. Really beautiful things made by really talented people.
      Dollzone has some absolutely beautiful dolls...like breath taking;) And of course there are others like Resinsoul too.

19. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      I have a doll with custom head and a Dream Realm body. We made an order from Dream Realm twice, and both times our experience was good. Sculptor Li Wei even added a torso joint that we wasn't expected, it was such a delight for me because doll poses much more beautifully with that joint.
      My friends have a lot of Dollzone dolls. I love their recently released Cosmo and Brant very much. I helped to order those dolls from Jeeryama, experience is always great.
      Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      Don't know, really)) I love each company who sold their dolls to me))
      When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?
      Oh, a lots of the points. I'm very picky about appearance and posability at the same time, the rest is up to the company. I also do not like to wait extra time but all my experience with Chinese companies were nice in this sense - even if delay was expected I was notified first. The price matters much less for me: my 1st doll was Soom Lasule, and all dolls that are cheaper, than him, are considered "not pricey", or "affordable", hehe))

20. If I am able to find a sculpt that I like, among the ones produced by chinese companies, I will buy a doll from them with no problem at all.
      My problem is that I didn't found a single doll I like, produced by chinese companies.
      It's just a matter of personal taste about doll beauty, proportions and sculpt.