1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you choose Chinese BJD company?

Jun 23, 2010

1. Both of my dolls (and my floating head) are from Chinese companies (Loongsoul & Coco Tribe/Kirakira) and I plan to order several more from them in the future :)

I didn't pick my dolls based on country of origin, though. I looked at the sculpts, the pose ability and owner photos/customer reviews before I made my decisions.

2. I wasn't discussing seam-sanding. I was just explaining my answer to the question. It IS something I consider when I buy a doll.

3. I currently only have one doll from a Chinese company and it's a Dollzone Mo-2. I love him to pieces!

4. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

I buy my dolls based on how much I like the doll, not by where the doll is made... So far I do not think I have any by a Chinese company, but that is mostly because I got into BJDs many years ago when there were NO Chinese companies. If a Chinese company makes a doll I like, I don't see why I should not buy it.

Oh-- I DO have one doll made by CocoTribe-- a ver. 2 Jerry bunny. I won it as a prize. But I do really like him! :)

Which Chinese BJD company you love most?

I am a bit DollHeart fan because they have been making clothes I like for a long time now. I have many of their outfits, but none of their dolls, so far...

When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?

What the doll looks like: Sculpt, basically, but also may include faceup and perhaps outfit as well.

I do also like Quality (good resin, good sculpt, well-cast, reliable company).

And Originality--in that the company follows their own heart and makes the best doll that they love to create. Not just making something different only to be different.

5. I love ABJDs!! I can't say that I stick to just the Chinese dolls....but I love the look of more Asian style dolls. I am dieing to get Mei from Resinsoul next :)

6. I don't own any, and have yet to see one to make me want to buy the doll. I do like some chinese doll clothes' companies, though. Quite alot of my faveorite stuff infact. ^^

7. Resinsoul looks good to me so far, still looking though :) I hadn't heard of Ringdoll, so off to look there....

8. Woow, I never thought there are so many people knows Chinese BJD companies.
      And yeah, to me, I really care the doll and the customer service when I decide buy a doll!!

9. I don't think the country matters. It's the product and communications that make or brake the deal.

10. I also don't think the country matters~ Lovely dolls of good quality can come from anywhere~
      But my favourite Chinese company would definitely be Asleep Eidolon <3

11. I really do like my dolls sanded, so I'm quite partial to Chinese companies. I also like the way you can easily get different resin colors from Bobobie, and that they cast dolls for other people that bigger companies haven't thought to make yet, like Tinybear's curvy elves and Batchix's Machina. Though of course, Unidoll's the one that made Ark, who is awesome. I've never seen a Dollzone in person, but the quality of my Angel Studio tiny does stand out from my cheaper Chinese dolls, more like my Korean dolls, though the resin still feels a little different. It's hard to find Korean or Japanese dolls at the same price point as a Bobobie, at least in similar sizes and that will ship to you without a 6 month+ wait, so it's harder to compare the cheap ones beteen countries.

12. ResinSoul/Bobobie are my favourite doll companies and I have 7 dolls from them and hope to get more. I like their sculpts, particularly the shape of the fantasy ears that they do.

13. I like chinese dolls

DZ & AE

face & body~~
      I really like beautiful body~~~:)

14. 1-How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      2-Which Chinese BJD company you love most?
      3-When you decide to take a doll, what's the point you care most?

1-Why not ?Lol.So far I have 3 boys from Chinese company :) My first boy is Pan*Ringdoll* then Huika*HZ* and lastly,Mix-Black*AS*
      2-Hmm...It's hard for me to specify one and all I can say is my current favourite is DOD :)(I know that's not a Chinese company>.<)
      3-The feelings. The face :) the size :) and the body ^_^

15. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

I already did, as my first BJD was a Dollzone Reiko.

I think I'm not the right person to answer this as nowadays I only own Korean dolls and never could compare between companies. My only attempt was with Dollzone and I've found them quite good ^_______^

What really makes me decide to buy a doll is the face. I spend hours looking at official pictures and owners as well to see her under many points of view. At first I didn't care about the body but now I do because I had to sell my Reiko when I compared her body to other people's dolls and I found hers was too big for my taste. The last thing I find important is the skin tone, but as that goes with characters I sometimes prefer tans to fairest molds or try to find something different.

Of course, as I don't have all the money I'd love to spend in dolls that's a fact that influences my choice inevitably XD lol

16. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?

My first doll that I just bought is from a Chinese company, so I guess that counts me in.

At the moment? Ringdoll.

I look at their face and their mobility the most. I like closed mouths, smiles and pretty eyes.I also want my dolls to pose, and I love having a second joint in their thigh near their hips.

17. Yup yup.

I have an Illusion Spirit sculpt on the way, so yes, I would order from a Chinese company. Since it's my first BJD, I haven't built up favorites yet. Seeing as how I did my research and went with Illusion Spirit, though, I guess it ranks pretty high.

I decided on this doll because I saw the photos and fell in love. That was it. I knew he was the one I had to have. He completely chucked my other "maybe" dolls right out the window. I love the look of this doll (Zhu Qing) so much that I even took some of the company photos and set them to my desktop background to help me survive until he comes home. ^^;

18. Huh. All of my dolls are Chinese. Didn't really realize that. Three Resin Soul/Bobobie, one Dollzone, and an Angell Studio body. I just liked the molds of the face and the bodies (expect for the old BBB immature chest MSD body.....need to replace that sometime...) but all of them pose very well and I like the dynamic of the different companies.

19. How many of you will take dolls from Chinese BJD company?
      -> I own one doll right now, a Resinsoul Ju, who happens to be from a Chinese BJD company :) I didn't know that when I bought her. I do plan on buying from more though, from companies like Dollzone and Illusion Spirit. A lot of the dolls I like come from Chinese companies :D

-> Right now, Dollzone. I liked their dolls before, but they're releasing more mature looking dolls that I absolutely love (Stramonium, I'm looking at you!).

-> I definitely think about the doll's "aura": I like ones that give off a mysterious vibe. I then look at face sculpts and the limb construction.

20. First doll was a Doll Family Xiangyi. I loved his sweet gentle face and hands. I didn't know that the company was chinese until I got the packing slip. It just doesn't seem like it should be all that big a deal. If the doll is great then get it.