1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

will you fall in love with doll who looks like a superstar???

Jun 28, 2010

1. Not really. But it really depends on the doll itself.
      I don't find many superstars ascetically pleasing in the first place, so maybe that's why I can easily say this.

2. I really want to get a minimee of some famous people! I would love *some* famous celebs but others.. ehhh not so much XD

3. I think some dolls would look really great if they had a sculpt similar to certain celebrities because they're attractive, but do I want an exact replica of a celebrity? For a doll to represent a famous real life person? Not really. It's not my thing.

4. the fact that the doll is at the image of a superstar really doesnt make it more interesting. i'll buy if i think its pretty ^^ even if i dont know the person the doll is based on xD

5. If it's of an singer/actor I really adore, I'd buy. But then it depends on price too. Coz my guess is that the price will be realllllllllly out-of-this-world lolz

6. I really would buy one. It just depends on who the star is.

7. Of course I will love dolls that resembles a bit of my favorite superstars. But just a resemblance...not an exact copy of them...that's why I don't like MNM..
      I'm hoping there will be a mold that resembles Justin Bieber...or Adam Lambert...(I'm hoping from Iple...>.<)
      I meant Iple has made some of their sculpts like resemblances to a few actress and actors..i.e Lee with Boo Boo Stewart..(googled it people)..so...why not?

8. Yes, I fell in love with one, purchased it and called it by the name of said superstar =_=;;;;
      There's one tiny japanese guy, member of super popular japanese boyband - Arashi. They are all good and nice guys, this type of superstars who have no problem with being in the same elevator with staff member carrying huge bags with trash. So here, this guy is named Ninomiya Kazunari and I really really like him :) Then, I saw a zaoll luv's blank face and was shocked, how much her face resembles his. They have very simmilar mouth, and quite a like nose, and simmilar faceshape. Plus zaoll is very short doll, and thin. At first I didnt want to buy her because of this very reason, but I couldnt help but fell in love with her. So I got her and had no desire to call her Ninomiya, but name just stuck to her, too xD And here she is, my little zaoll girl named Ninomiya, and when I look at her she doesnt resembles me of that Ninomiya anymore at all, but I love her whole lot :)

9. No, but that because I don't have the need to own a superstar, since I am not really obsessed with any of them.
      And I think the set char would limit what one could do with the doll so I would end up selling it in a heartbeat.

But there are a few comic chars I would love a minimee of "elfquest" Skywise and Strongbow, so if they ever start making MSD minimee's on nice body's I'd be doomed ;)

10. I don't see myself being interested with a superstar doll because it's a superstardoll. However I am intersted in one of the souldoll superstar boys, not because of the star quality but because I happen to think it's one of the best looking asian male sculpts out there.

11. This is how I feel as well. The entire 'chasing celebrities' is creepy to me. I imagine what my reaction would be if I would be famous and someone had a doll of me. I'd be freaked out, to be honest.

12. It could be nice to own one, but personally I would have no idea whatsoever of what to do with them. I would think it would be incredibly tough to give a doll sculpted like a celebrity character or a personality. I myself would much rather create a personality, find a doll that fits it and go for that. But then again, that's just me :)

13. Hmm no I don't think I'd want one. There isn't any celebrity that I consider myself a big enough fan of to get them in a resin version. And what Ashlaern said, I think it would be really hard to give that doll their own character and personality and not just be a smaller, resin version of a person. I have seen some minimee's and such, and they look cool, but it's not for me.
      Maybe though I would get a doll that would incidentally turn out to look slightly like a celebrity but since that wouldn't be a conscious decision, my answer would still be no xD

14. I just heard my bf would totally get a celebrity doll... as long as it's Captain Kirk...:sweat
      This coming for someone who just pretends to like them to humor me...

15. I actually like a lot of the "non-bobble headed" minimee sculpts, since they're so realistic looking and I've seen some people do amazing things with them. I would buy one to style for myself, however. I wouldn't make it the same character as the actor or "superstar." ....except, maybe, a Johnny Depp Mad Hatter might be at least interesting to own XD;

16. Making the exact replica of someones face is quite hard to do, they can make it look about 95%?? or less so I dont believe it can be exact unless they are master sculpters.... Yes I have heard of minimees of real celebrities... Also, I dont have a main interest in one particular celebrity so I dont think I would be able to fall in love with one if I did request one. I don't mean anything rude to people who plan to own superstar dolls. It just does'nt peak my interest. ^^

17. Goodness, Plushenko doll would make an awesome villain. If it could capture some of the personality he has on the ice, I think it would be awesome.

One of my favorite sculpts is one of my favorites because it reminds me of the smug look the guy who played Tom Riddle in the 5th Harry Potter movie had.

18. Hmmm... Not really. Maybe if they were portrayed as the characters I've liked, but even then...

I know of people who wouldn't mind, though. I've had Edward Cullen heads requested from me, and I know for a fact that it was because of the actor.

19. The only "superstar" I like is Jun Jin and ... well.... I doubt that would happen.
      I'm not much of a "fangirl". LOL

20. Not with a limited budget. If my budget were unlimited, I *might* consider it, but with so many interesting sculpts already out there, I couldn't justify buying a celeb look-alike.