1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

will you fall in love with doll who looks like a superstar???

Jun 28, 2010

1. Based on how I'd feel if someone made a minimee of me (lol at the idea >_>) I do not think I would be comfortable with owning one, however impressed I am with what people do with theirs. It's a habitual feeling from back when I used to believe in animism and thought that something created in the likeness of another could result badly without permission from one that it was created in likeness of. It's funny now that I think of my feelings on it back then. But I don't know; it depends completely on the person and with what intention the minimee was created I think.

2. i won't gt a sulpt that looks realistic at all . because they kinda scare me (>_<) no offence to those who likes, but i find it scary to have a realistic doll lookig at me

3. hmm i'm actually tempted to say yes, if there was a yesung from super junior doll, or any super junior doll really XD then I could play out some roleplays I did in the past and boost my creativity some, but not because I'm 'in love' with the doll,
      more because I think it would be fun to lug around or torture with some ridiculous storyline or just to play with other dolls X3

4. I like the Souldoll "superstars" because I am totally clueless who they are, being American and an old fart. I just think they look awesomely handsome..you can tell they are modelled on a real person because of the excellent proportions, and unlike the minimees they seem to be a good size for the bodies. (I like Souldoll bodies anyway). Whoever Lee Min Woo is, he's cute ;)

5. Sephiroth is not a real person but I may consider him as a superstar, so my answer - yes, I have a superstar doll)

6. oh,as all u here posted,i found that most of you seems would not buy a doll like superstar or celebrity or something,
      some kind different,doll like superstar sells well in Asian district,most of celebrity doll sold out quickly once they comes out or not,or even pre-order sold out,it seems they attract most of people in Asian sucessfully~wow,situations in out of Asian seems totally different from in Asian~

7. No I don't think I do.
      Superstars aren't super.
      A doll has to look like just someone, but also perfect. (skin, hair etc.)
      Superstars are people too, but that's not a reason to love a doll more.

8. To be honest I couldn't care less about stars. I find other qualites, some of which are considered unusual more intriguing. I like uniqueness.

9. Sure! If someone made the Top Gear team as bjds. :lol:
      Imagine a mini Stig where the helmet would be the bjd "head". So there would not actually be anything inside the helmet if you get what I mean.
      Or Stephen Fry as a Jeeves fullset.
      Aaaah~ yes!

10. I really wouldn't like a celebrity BJD since I don't like my dolls to look that realistic. I'd much prefer a minimee Cloud Strife. Having seen one that was totally amazing!

11. My first doll reminds me of my favorite Broadway actor (as soon as my girlfriend sent me the link to him saying who she thought it looked like, I knew he was going to be mine), and I have to admit that my second doll has a faceup to resemble another favorite. Broadway is my interest when it comes to celebrity. I might buy a doll that resembled another Broadway actor if the doll was attractive to me, fit into my collection, and I liked the doll itself. I wouldn't touch the minimee service though, I'm not that interested and the caricature realism would not fit into my my collection at all.

I guess I am kind of a "yes" here, but what blurs the line is that I RP these actors to the point that they turned into characters for me. They are not just handsome faces, they have taken a life of their own for me, one that became only loosely based on their sources.

12. I really want a David Bowie, just because I love the movie labyrinth and the character Jareth. I've considered getting nobility doll to sculpt me one but I don't know if I want it that much. Oh and I have a friend that wants a Johnny Depp doll.

13. I wouldn't go out of my way to make my own doll look like a celebrity, but if a company did happen to make a decent look-a-like of one of the very few stars I DO like then yes, I'd probably be interested. :P

14. I think if I could afford it I totally would. I think it would be awesome to walk into my craft/ doll room and have a mini Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Jeff Buckley or Janis Joplin sitting in there, it would be so cool! the problem is once I started doing something like that, I think I might find too many others I would just have to have made......Michael Praed......mmmmmmm.

15. It's not something that usually hits my "must have" button, but I wouldn't rule it out! If I see a doll that I love and he happens to be modeled after a celeb, that could work. Or if there's a celeb or a look or a character that I happen to totally fall in love with and there is a doll available that works fantastically... that could happen. Anyway, after years of having BJDs, I have learned that I can't rule anything out entirely, even if I currently can't think of any celebrity I'd want to have as a doll... :)

16. Surely~~~ ^^
      I really want a Gackt or Kamijo or Park Jung Min BJD~~~ :whee:
      I will save my every penny to buy a doll that look like them~~~

17. Only celebrity doll I'd be interested in is a Grace Jones doll.

18. Hell yeah! Imagine bjd fullset of her as Zula from Conan the Destroyer! :D

19. Great big no. I don't care about or know most actors/musicians. I don't feel the need to own a bunch of merchandise with them and I certainly wouldn't want a doll. I find the idea abit creepy to be honest... fictional characters an actor portrayed is fine, but the actor... I just find that kind of weird for some reason and I can't fully explain it. I see plenty of people own minimee and do great things with them, and it doesn't really bother me but I couldn't own one myself.

20. i modded a yaoyue to get my Sungmin <3 love him so much!