1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

will you fall in love with doll who looks like a superstar???

Jun 28, 2010

1. I have three Minimee heads where I don't know that much about the original actor or musician who inspired them. I wasn't checking for that resemblance in the first place. I looked at these heads in to see if they matched my view of various characters I already have, the same as I would while looking at any other company's head sculpts. I find I prefer more realistic dolls, and also more grownup (not mature in the sense of exaggerated secondary sexual characteristics, thank you) and if you can't find that in regular sculpts very much, you can in the Minimee group orders.

2. well, currently no..as i have a serious relationship in real life..but who know it might just happens someday

3. No, I don't obsess any one celebrity, and while there are a few I admire, I don't love them that much to get dolls of them.

4. I have a long list of heads I would love to have made in the likeness of someone famous, but a lot of them are people I admire, and I think a Jimi hendrix, Bowie, vince noir, or janis Joplin dolls would be really fun to sew costumes for. I tend to gravitate toward more realistic dolls anyway, and I would like some that look like they're over the age of 18.

Plus my own private little adien turner, or chris cornell dolls to drool over would be awesome

5. Well, to some extent perhaps. I am a big movie fan, so I would say I rather like some movie characters a lot.

Funnily enough, two with pointed ears. Another one is a professor of magic, ah and a certain secret agent. But I do not need absolutely identical faces, it is more important to me to get the type/air of these guys.

They are all the same type of strong, determined guy. So I needed one guy with a strong face to incorporate my dream of man. A pretty neutral face-up does the job. Just exchange eyes, wig and eyebrows, new outfit and accessories - done.

If I had an exact minimee of Mr. Spock, or an Elf, or Daniel Craig, I would technically need three dolls at last. I cannot afford this and do not want that many. However, I think I can live with the compromise of having exact outfits, but not 100 % exact faces.

6. I like the originality of dolls so if it would look like a copy of a modern superstar I'm not directly buying it

7. I don't care for superstars. Also I think most of the BJDs aimed to look like stars are so uncanny. @_@

8. I'm not much into superstars, but there's a couple actors who I would die to see a doll version of. For example, Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds) and Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel from Glee) are two of my favorite actors and I'd love to see them as dolls. However, the sculpt isn't as important to me as the faceup, wig, eyes, clothes, etc. with these types of "celebrity dolls." I think a well-styled generic sculpt is more convincing than a poorly-styled minimee.

9. I have a lot of minimees. They never live up to my vision of what they will look like, or what they should look like, but the faces are always interesting and different from your usual doll, so they make me happy. I like the more realistic faces, too, so I can't lose with a minimee head.

Since DIM closed their Minimee, I am trying to start a group order using Angelsdoll's new head making service. Anybody up for a young Jensen Ackles/Alec from Dark Angel?

10. I was interested in a Migidoll Ryeong mainly because he resembled this famous korean star (Kevin Woo), hehe.(´∀`)

11. I was never fan of the minimees. They always looked off to me.

I do have one doll that is based on a celebrity but only loosely. And it's more his personality than his looks. Although I have been playing with idea for a cosplay.

12. Oh.... YES! I can!:)I love one BJD (minimee)! It's not my doll, but I love it!

13. My immediate thought was no. But, I've learned something as I go along in life. Never say never. Hah!

14. I personally think it's creepy to own a doll that looks like a famous person. They have no idea that people own dolls that look like them (at least in case of Minimees) and I can imagine that many famous persons would not be happy about the fact that other companies make money with their image.

If I respect an artist I would never order such a doll.

15. I can imagine people wanting dolls of maybe Twilight or Harry Potter, anything cult really. I prefer to make my own characters though.

16. I actually e-mailed Matthew Gray Gubler to ask him if he would mind me making an elf character based on him, or rather looking like him and he was really flattered, he said he would love that, unfortunately I still don't feel competent to sculpt his face myself yet...more practice needed :(
      He was really lovely about it though, he seems a thoroughly nice chap.