1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you give up to buy a doll because of others' bad compliments?

Sep 3, 2010

1. Quite the contrary for myself actually. Bad remarks often make me want it more.

2. If I really really really like one doll, I will definately get him home no matter what others say! :3nodding: But if my degree of like on the doll is not very high, I think my decision will be influenced by others' comment about the doll. :roll:

3. Over my dead body.

4. no I wouldn't give up. It's my choice and I AM the one who will live with him/her, so the others' opinions don't matter :|
      They don't like it? they don't have to look at it. :)

5. Definitely not. Not everyones' taste is the same, and it never will be, so why should I base my choices on that of others? In terms of company it's the same thing. I've seen people who despise Fairyland and claim they have the worst customer service, but I've never had any problem with them and I've contacted them on numerous occasions because I'm a bit of a bird brain. It's all up to the individual.

6. Of course not. If I like it then who cares? They aren't the ones who will have to deal with him/her in their homes if they don't like it so ultimately it's my choice. I think that bad compliments would just make me want him/her more actually.

7. Not if the argument is not valid.
      And hell, different tastes make the world interesting

8. nope never. You have to stay true to yourself. What others have to say doesn't matter at all. You're the one who has to be happy.

9. Never give up, Never surrender!

10. If its a complaint in appearance I really don't care as its all personal taste, or there's a certain feature they don't like, again its personal preference. But if they have horrible posing, loose heads or limbs, or something thats just really inconvenient, I will give up on it. The doll no matter how pretty cant work with me if it, well, wont work with me.

11. I'm used to loving things that other people find strange and horrible, so I can't say that it would bother me much. XD

Occasionally someone will point out an aspect or feature I hadn't noticed before and once I notice it I realize I don't really like it either. In that case, it might be possible that I would change my mind, but most of the time I find that some people simply don't have the same taste as I do. I'm fine with that and I wouldn't worry about it enough to let it interfere with my choices.

12. Actually, yes. I take certain comments to heart... not "your doll is ugly" or things like that, but comments like "you're a pedo if you want a yo-SD succubus".

I ordered a sugarble Christine recently and narrowly passed on getting the Sugarble Juniper because everyone was complaining about her- calling her "pedobait" and disgusting because of the way she was dressed. It stung me a lot, so I went for the more modest Christine, but if I had really really wanted Juniper it wouldn't have put me off too much.

13. I'm one of those people that sometimes looks at dolls wondering why the owner thinks it's beautiful...and knowing they probably think the same thing about me. When I first started out in the hobby, I cared far too much what my family and fiance thought. If they hated the sculpt, I forgot it no matter how much I liked it. Now, I'm sort of the mind that it's my money and if I like I'll buy it. It helps if the fiance likes them, because then he doesn't give me a hard time and is supportive. It used to be the cheaper it was the more he liked it, but now he's spoiled. He likes my lovely girls and gets very cranky if I am considering a girl that he doesn't think is as pretty as they are. I figure I can humor him. Sometimes. ;)

14. I'm an excentric person, so I'm not afraid to have excentric taste~
      I buy the dolls that I love, no matter what others write or say about it.

15. I don't think comments would stop me. I've never really cared what people think.

16. Nope, definitely not. It's not like I don't care about what people (that are close to me) think, but since I'm the one saving up and working for my dolls, I sure won't give up one I really want just because someone else doesn't like them.

17. No, there are so many kinds of dolls, you maybe think some are ugly that some loves :)

18. I've never given up on a doll due to people's comments about them. One of my recent dolls ( RD Spencer) has gained a reputation of being a tad "creepy" with my friends. They make jokes about him wanting to "touch" the child-like MSDs or wanting to take them to his windowless van with promises of candy. Lore's not like that , but he does give off a creepy vibe sometimes ( I blame it on him being a Nephilim, but that's just me...)

Because they poke fun at my doll, does that mean I'm going to try to get rid of him? Nope! ^^ I love him and he's here to stay whether they want him to or not.

19. Oh, no, I wouldn't care at all.. that's MY doll and I like her. Who cares of others?

20. If I like a doll, no amount of negative comments will make me change my mind. The only types of comments that I do pay attention to is how well the doll poses, quality of the resin, etc., because I won't buy a doll that is not up to par quality-wise no matter how much I like the sculpt.