1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you sell your doll to me?

Jan 25, 2010

1. I have people ask me where I can buy 1 and the price.. have had people say "omg i want that!" but I talk about how much I like my dolls so much that they dont get the chance to offer something in exchange for them ^^;;;

2. If I do manage to keep myself in check and not tell them to *******, I will decline and then tell them exactly how much these dolls cost. If they still show interest after that, then I will tell them to come here where they can learn about them before making such a large financial commitment.

Phil.

3. Someone told me to my face "Can you sell your dolls to me??"

At a doll meet.

Needless to say, it completely caught me off guard. o__0

4. Honestly, I'd be quite flattered if someone were to come right out and ask me if they could purchase my doll or PM me about it. I don't see anything wrong with it, really. But if you can't take no for an answer, well then I'd probably get a bit annoyed. LOL.

5. I would think it as a compliment. I have a dollfriend in the US who owns two doll-sisters that I love very much. She told me a long time ago that if ever the time comes for her to sell, I will get the chance first:aheartbea

6. Our NY meets are in an atrium public space, and several times people have come up to look at the dolls and ask if we were selling them. Usually when we tell them we're just owners who get together every month, they understand and I don't think anyone's been asked about selling their doll. In fact, we meet a lot of other collectors there, who completely understand our getting together to enjoy each others' stuff!

Sometimes people will ask more about BJDs and we usually refer them to DOA, or if they ask about a specific brand, to the company's website.

7. well there was a girl once on a fantasy fair that wanted to have my doll but when her mum came to stand with us she just asked where she could buy them.. but after they heard the price they weren't that enhusiatic anymore..

8. No, never!
      People ask questions about her, where they can buy one and etc., but no one has ever asked if I'd like to sell her to them :lol:

9. It tends to occur at most public events our Swedish doll society Saiai no Doru exhibits at, if there are people attending who aren't at all aware of the hobby... But people are generally quite nice when we point to our "Not for sale, please don't touch" sign.

The only instance when I felt that it was a problematic issue was when Saiai no Doru had been invited to exhibit in the hallway of the concert hall Berwaldhallen in Stockholm in conjunction with a concert giving Japanese music played by Japanese musicians. We were invited together with other Asian hobby clubs to show the cultural connection between Sweden and Japan...

The attendees were mostly gray haired culture afficionados, and I thought there would be no need for the "Not for sale, please don't touch" sign. Big mistake! Gray haired culture afficionados look with their hands, let me tell you! And when the "How much is X doll" questions started coming I really, really regretted leaving the sign at home - because some of the elegant cultured crowd got really upset and affronted when we told them that the dolls weren't for sale!

We and our prescious crowd survived the expreience, but if we ever do anything like that again we are bringing the sign and arming ourselves with more firm patience!

This is out little display before the concert hall opened...
      [​IMG]

10. My dolls haven't been out in public much, mostly just my houe or my friends/brothers. However I have had a few people ask us about them and what they are, where to get them, etc. I appreciate people asking to know more and can usually laugh off the "It's creepy." But if someone GRABBED my doll or was trying to get me to give it to them I'd probably do a personality turn around and get a little unfriendly. Asking to buy mine would be a little "ummm... no." but would be more appreciated than some random person asking for my stuff for free. :\

11. I'm actually surprised no one has really said much about my boy, I take him everywhere. Maybe people are scared of him, which is a good thing^^
      If someone did ask to buy him, I would take it as a compliment but also be offended at the same time. The reason why I have him out in the first place is because I love him (and he is now one of my limbs) but I guess people don't see it that way....

12. Hahah! I had to suffer this kind of thing some time ago, in a manganime convention.

A woman with her kid stoped me and asked me about the doll I was wearing in my hands, and after I explained her briefly some things about BJDs she told me if I was interested in selling it to her!

Obviously my answer was a clear and polite 'no'.

13. blakrose i think gets it the most that i've heard for her gaara doll.

i've gotten it a few times at the mall and other things. but i just say no, and when they ask why i say cause its xhundred dollars and they usually don't ask.

14. I think its a compliment and i am not offened by that. Currently i am aways and decided to bring with me my DragonDoll (he is the only NOT decapitated at the mo heheee) and on the way to the airport a lady sitting in the train told me she never saw such a fantastic doll and if i would be considering selling it right then and there. I said thank u, but it takes time, effort and also love to get the dolls in the first place, and i am certainly deeply bonded with them. I gave her details of websites and DOA as well :P

The best thing to do, is share your experience, after all, we are all here to learn and teach if we can ^^

15. it's true! i've seen it happen a few times (in one day!) at an Anime convention.

16. Oh Yes, at an anime con, at the mall...somewhere, anywhere I happen to take one!

17. This has happened to me when I take my dolls out, even tho I only have tiny BJD's. I have found the best thing to do is tell them the doll took several months to get as it was custom made for you----because in reality, it WAS custom made for you when you ordered! Then give them the company name so they can order their own.

18. LOL I have had it happen twice, with different dolls, both tinies-different people.

19. Oh my god.... I would be so scared... I can't believe people would do that.. I mean I wouldn't go up to someone carrying a baby and grab it and be like "OMG WANTTT." Or someones purse even. *_*
      I would be so terrified she would have dropped them.

20. Sad thing is I have seen women who do that to children they are walking with their man and point at the baby and go "I want one" like it was something you could go out and buy. This is why when my doll gets here shes not leaving my sight and very rarely my hands cause while most people wont steal it there are enough kleptos and meth heads around here to make me warry