1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you sell your doll to me?

Jan 25, 2010

1. No one has ever asked to buy mine directly, but I get the usual awkward questions about price @__@;; especially from one friend who is very nosy/persistent and won't just go look at the doll sites I send her!

2. Luckily the closest ive ever gotten to something like that is when i take one of my MSD's to class and someone asks me to make one for them. XD
      I tell them i dont make them and that tends to get more questions!!

However if someone ever asked me right off to sell them my dolls..
      I think i would be a little shocked lol.

3. No one IRL has ever asked to just randomly buy a doll, but the other day I received a private message from someone begging to buy a certain doll of mine. Sorry, no way XD

4. I've had people do this to me but not yet with dolls. I get PMs and people in real life asking to buy or just HAVE the e-cigarette that I'm using, i get a lot of "Will you send me that thanks" or "I like your *insert thing* can I have it" and then get angry when I either don't respond or explain I only have one and it's mine but here's where you can get one. I couldn't imagine my reaction if someone asked to buy my doll that i worked hard on to customize to my liking.. I mean its somewhat flattering in the sense they like it that much, but i always feel like its a person that would get it and be like eh this is stupid and throw it to the side and not understand the true value of these things :/ Like you see me enjoying this thing, and I would love to tell you how and where to get your own and what its all about, but I think its rude to ask to buy or just out right have something right out of my hands like I have no attachment to it.

5. I've never taken my doll out in public. But I have had some PM's by some people demanding that I sell my doll to them, and give my doll's clothing items, wigs eyes for free. -.-

6. I hear about this all the time, but I honestly don't believe it. I might just be naive, but I simply can't. I can understand when people online do it, although it's really rude, but someone in public is just..:?. I don't mind doll-collectors asking about them since info can be hard to find, but asking to buy it...in public.. That sounds so unprofessional and rude....I just...can't. >.<

7. This has never happened to me with my doll but it has happened with some other possessions I own such as my hats, figurines, plushes and other stuff that I like to carry around. My sister babysits her boyfriend's niece and when she comes over to my house, she grabs the first thing in sight and asks to have it. I always tell her no but she doesn't listen. She has tried taking things when I'm not looking too so I have to keep my more expensive items up high.

People also try to buy videogames off of me when I'm playing them at school. A lot of my games consist of Japanese import and old or hard to find games. I've even had someone offer to buy my cell phone and my anime plushes. Most people try to be polite about it but I don't like it when people come up to me in the first place. It makes me feel awkward but it's ok because I tell them I won't sell. It's just the rude people that don't take no for an answer that bother me the most. Alright I think I'm done with my ramblings.

8. Hahaha, if this happened to me, I would simply say no and direct them to where they can buy said doll for themselves. :)

9. That hasn't happened to me until now and I find it just rude to simply ask for things, that aren't clearly for sale.

But I remember that my mom often told me that I should give some of my things to my cousins as soon as something caught their eye in my room and it was obvious that they wanted to have it. They didn't ask me but their parents instead and as soon as my mom heard it, she always said that I should just give it to them, cause they seem to like it very much. Well mom, surprisingly I like my stuff very much too, so I'm not giving it away. In the last years I already gave away a lots of things I'm too old for or don't like anymore and if people don't want these things they can leave it, but that's no reason to be greedy for other of my things ò.ó

10. I've not yet had someone try to buy my doll but I've had folks make grabby-hands at dolls I've carried to Cons before. I am rather paranoid about taking them out places, largely because of their value and the risks of damage or theft. Though once, after a doll group meet, we all went out to eat and folks in the restaurant were taking pictures of us. That was a little awkward.

11. Actually I've had the reverse...O.o; I've had people offer to sell me their doll...Which in retrospect was really nice since they were willing to make it as easy on me as possible since they were dolls I was eying...But I had to decline due to funds or being unsure.

I don't mean to one up but I got no hair and I can't believe the amount of people who just become obsessed with a bald head. My old girl scout troop actually came to blows once because they couldn't decide over who was allowed to touch my head first during a car ride..Also one incident had me really freaked out.

I was minding my own business at a health museum for kids, I had been seven years old and these boys two years older then me just came up behind me and started feeling me up, grabbing my head and stroking it and stuff. I had never seen them before in my life and I felt very uncomfortable and terrified. I actually let out the highest pitched blood curdling scream I had ever let out, they actually were shocked and they actually kept trying to touch me. My mom had RAN over (for a woman with knee's that were slowly causing problems she RAN like a freaking Cheetah) and pried their hands off of me and I was in her arms in seconds. She spent a majority of the visit after reporting them to the security and they refused to do anything about it because it was a school trip and apparently couldn't understand that I wasn't going to just hide my head to keep grabby hands off.
      Those boys also stalked me and my mom the rest of our visit. Everywhere I looked there they were.

12. I can't understand random strangers coming up and touching someone's things, much less their hair etc that's.. were they raised in the jungle wtf?
      But this has never happened to me, if someone randomly asked to buy my boy I would politely tell them he wasn't for sale, and if they persisted, well...
      Much less if someone took him out of my arms, I don't think I could remain collected and polite.. I have problems with people touching my things at the best of times, much less a complete stranger in public.

13. Ive only had 1 random person ask to buy one of my dolls.

I just completly ignored the message. Problem solved lol.

I've had personal friends and people though that were like "if you ever sell her let me know first!" kinda deal~ Which i don't mind at all

14. ^^ I must be a bad one lol... at our local meets I saw another members doll and it was instant love. So I grilled her on the 'where to get' only to find out ... long sold out limited... That hurt lol. Every meet I would coo over the little guy and joke with the girl that if he ever went missing she could prolly find him doll-napped by me ;p A few months ago she said she just couldn't keep him and said she thought I might make a good new owner... I jumped at the offer needless to say ^^ (It was Enyu).

When it's not doll ppl involved I have a personal policy "if I break it (my dolls) I cry... If you break it you die". I swear this must come off me like an aura because only 'young kids' who don't differentiate between toys they can wreck and 'not quite toys' will be inappropriate. Only one girl who was prolly 12+ tried the grabby hands... I should have realized (having observed the rather poorly behaved family) that her mental age didn't quite match her years... I had to physically stop her from removing a doll from the buggy I use to carry my dolls in. I knew that I'd really have to be careful when the 'family' gave me a dirty look as I explained they were for looking only ... we were in a museum (our club) for a meet. Thankfully after that I had at least one other member 'closer' by if kids came near. WE had several SD's and often they mostly all sat in the buggy while we walked about to be taken out and posed at stops.

What bothered me was the parents who were not minding the kids and didn't seem bothered by them trying to grab stuff from other ppl.

If someone wants to hold (for those who have had the 'won't return dolls' freaks) I always make sure to tell them "before they get their hands on the doll" they are extremely expensive and often can't be replaced if damaged or at huge cost. (ya i stretch the truth with some less trustworthy looking ppl) and I'm not comfortable risking an accident THEY would have to pay for. They tend to back off when financial responsibility for any accident from just touching lands in their laps ^^.

15. you'd think most people would bug off when you tell them how much they were, but apparently not! haha

16. I brought my doll to school only once to show my art teacher and I got more people making fun of me than anything really, I'm too scared to bring him out of my house since my little brothers like to touch everything. I would never sell him though, even if they offered me more than he actually costs. Skylar's my precious child I don't think I could ever give him up and lord help the soul who thinks they can try and pry him out of my hands.
      I do the same as you do though Lady Tiku! When I was at school with him or when people come over [and especially when I first held him] I told everyone he was more fragile than he actually was just so they would keep their hands to themselves.

17. Sometimes mentioning price can backfire though. If you tell people that the dolls are expensive, it might make them an even more attractive prospect to steal and try to sell later.

I was always raised to respect other people's space and their property so I have no sympathy or understanding for people who continuously cross boundaries by touching other people without asking or grabbing something that doesn't belong to you. If you do those kinds of things you just deserve a slap to the face. Ask for permission and respect the answer if the person says no.

18. I've had a friend ask to buy my boy. At first I was surprised, but then I just felt angry. Imagine if I asked her if I could buy a piece of her jewellery, or some cherished item from her home. I wouldn't dream of doing so, and I don't really know why she thought it was ok to ask me if I would sell him to her. Especially as it was clear that he was precious to me. There is a doll in the community that I just adore, and would love to own, but I would never approach his owner! It's very rude.

19. That actually sounds very interesting! I don't think I could just sell my doll just like that (not even with profit), but it would be funny if something like that would happen I think :)

20. I think if that ever happened to me I'd be a little bit freaked out if it was a fellow dollie enthusiast, as they should know not to just ask for other peoples dolls.
      If it was someone unfamiliar to bjds, I'd politely explain that they're not for sale and refer them to a bjd site.