1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Withdoll 60cm discussion

Apr 16, 2015

1. Congrats to those who are getting him. :3 I look forward to seeing what everyone does with him.

I got my prototype boy body today and right out of the box I noticed he does need some fixes which will probably alter his looks/jointing a bit (mainly the hips and ankles). They're not working as well as they could be. But I'll be doing a full review with photos later, and then we'll see what Withdoll does with him for the final version. Despite being short (well compared to my 65-70cm guys) he's really very hefty. I was surprised my old SG males almost feel slimmer than him. His legs are really muscular too. The Alan head is also slightly bigger than the girls and I expect finding a wig for him might be a little easier than for the girls. Though, I haven't had time to test any on him yet.

EDIT//
      It's been a long day after a badly slept night, but I have the review up. I was a little lazy with photos because the lighting was bad, so I did some small videos. Less editing, haha!
      [​IMG]
      Withdoll Senior boy prototype review | Blogged Dimensions

#381 Yenna, Feb 3, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    2. Definitely some kinks they could work out(Then again I'm used to SD13 boys who are...Not particularly mobile... so I'd barely notice probably rofl), but he's definitely a good-looking chunk of beef. ;)

He seems like it'd almost be smarter for clothes to lean towards 65cm-type rather than 60cm? Assuming the measurements don't change much if they do edits that torso seems like it's going to be too big for any tighter SD13-size clothing. (Plus thunder thighs, I made the mistake of getting my Egon some tight-fitting MSD pants which are now slightly loose pants on my OD Tae rofl)

Even with the potential posing issues I'm really looking forward to his arrival. :D

3. My initial impression of his size was a little off, actually. I tried some clothes on him and the best fit are the general SD13 size clothes. I have some tight fitting Delf clothing and those are too small (mainly in the shoulders) but clothes I've bought from luts for Delfs and other SD13 sized ones fit well. Regular pants too, but I wouldn't go for the tightest fit. SD17 clothing is too long in the leg and sleeves, and also a little loose in the torso area. Probably no problem with stretchy stuff, but I tried some fitted SG leather stuff on him and it was loose. However, it didn't look like he was wearing a size that's too big but more like loosely fitted clothing, so it can work as well.

I really need to strip my other boys and compare the sizes side by side, but I've been busy with sewing the past few days.

4. Yenna, I enjoyed reading your review! I ordered Alan today, in normal skin with a faceup. I just fell in love with his face :3

5. @solitary agent I'm glad it was useful. :3

Withdoll finally answered me (they had to discuss the possible changes so it took a while). They'll improve the movement of the elbows, wrists and ankles. Do some shape changes to the extra hands and feet and do some fixes to the hip/thigh area so that he can sit in a more manly way. As well as stabilize the knees. But the body will still mostly look like it does in the promo photos. ^^

But, there will also be another version released later this year (probably summer), that is 65cm tall and might have the same type of hip joint as the 45cm boys -if they succeed at making them. If not, it'll probably have the same thigh joint again.

I'm reaally looking forward to the 65cm body because I have an extra head here that could really use the taller body~

6. Eee, cool news!

Other than the 65cm potentially having the nicer hip joints I'll live without having that though I think. The Yukinojo I used to have was right at the limit of how big I'm willing to go for dolls rofl.

7. I think it's really cool that they sent out a prototype and took feedback like that. I haven't heard of any other doll company doing that.

8. Do you guys know if the female body can be Volks compatible?

9. Withdoll are a really great company, I wish there were more people ordering from them so we could se more of their pretty sculpts :) I'll be waiting to see owner pictures of Alan, he was a little tempting, but my doll funds are going elsewhere this year for sure.

Since I feel like we always need more pictures in this thread, here's one of Pine in her new dress from Kalcia on Etsy. I decided pink was her thing.

[​IMG]

10. Finally, after spending what felt like forever trying to decide what I wanted my SWD Vera Light to look like I have my girl almost finished. I am just waiting on another wig, as I am not sure about this one. Her faceup and clothing are all down to the very talented @Takhisis who managed to deliver perfectly what I have envisaged Vera to look like.

[​IMG]

#390 Ishtar, May 9, 2017
      Last edited: May 10, 2017
    11. I'm looking for some really brightly coloured long muti-toned wigs for my Adrianna.
      Can anyone suggest somewhere? I've tried For My Doll, licht, dollheart, leekeworld and checked out Etsy.

12. For something like that, it sounds like you're going to end up with an alpaca wig. If you go into the marketplace, there is a section for custom made wigs. Just note that alpaca wigs are very expensive. Your other option would be to put up a want to commission and specify a synthetic wig if you don't want alpaca. Finding a multi color wig already done is hard to find, unless you only want two toned wigs.

13. I've just placed my order for the Light Version Vera (large breast/ UV gray)!!! One more grail doll to check off my list!

14. Congrats! I placed my order for her in NS last week!

15. Ishtar,
      Oh, what a beautiful girl. A chic way. Everything is left to chance, I want to consider every little detail and enjoy.

16. does anyone see the 64cm boy??? he is wonderful!!

17. Yay us!!! I can't wait to see your pictures once you get her. ^_^

18. Oh, they did a human eared version of Alan! He's lovely.
      I finally got a shipping notice for my Alan today! So excited. :D

19. [​IMG]

He actually arrived yesterday but I got lazy. XD;

I still need to get him a better wig and better eyes. >_>; So hard to find green wigs that aren't pastel or girly though.

20. I'm waiting on a light Vera as well in Grey skin and I'm so excited. Thankfully my friend mentioned she was released to order again because she's one of my grail dolls that I though I would never get. can't wait! I love all the pictures you guys have done, it just makes me more excited haha.