1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Withdoll 60cm discussion

Apr 16, 2015

1. I’ve gotten clothes for my Adriana from Alice Collections 1/3 and they’ve been fine.

I’ve got the reverse question - I’m thinking about other companies to potentially get a doll that could use my Adriana cracked head. Anyone tried head swapping your girls heads to other bodies? Or matching the Withdoll white skin?

2. I have maybe 3 bodies from various companies I can try the head on if you’d like. I have a blank white head from them.

3. That’d be great, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!

4. I made a separate post because it's image heavy. You can find it here!

I think that the resin match is almost perfect with Asleep Eidolon's white, so I'm linking that one here.[​IMG]

5. I just saw they are re-releasing Cecily :love
      Is the "sweet blue" in real life a soft tone or an intense blue? I am seeing quite different pictures online.
      In the promotional pictures of withdoll themselves she hardly looks blue at all only very slightly blue.
      But owner pictures look everything between soft blue to intense blue, and definitely darker than the promotional ones :?

6. It’s a very soft blue. I dyed mine way bluer, but originally she was noticeably blue but photographed almost white

[​IMG]Withdoll cecily pics by demon.chameleon, on Flickr

that was a pic from my old Flickr of her head, against a white backdrop.

for a slightly better pic of the blue, I have a photo I snapped because Tumblr was having a photo-sharing thing dedicated to different pets of sculpts—this week was butts, hence the weird pose I went with, but you can get a better idea of her colour here for sure!

[​IMG]BJD Butt day by demon.chameleon, on Flickr

sadly, I don’t have many other pics of her colour, but it was a very soft pastel blue.

bonus: here is the colour mine (and my fifth motif/twigling Eloy hybrid) are now!

[​IMG]Blue time!! by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

7. @Chameleon thank you so much :abow:
      I love that very soft blue.

8. Glad I can help!! It’s so pretty in person too!

9. Cross pollinating to see if I can get anyone else's Real resin colour experience from ordering in the last few years.
      https://denofangels.com/threads/tan-skin-worries.730802/page-3

I have some Withdolls in different sizes all ordered and arrived at the same time that are significantly yellowed/heading to greening after only a year old and am wanting other collectors input.

10. Hello, does anyone here own a SWD Mir and would be able to post some photos? I'd greatly appreciate it. I searched the internet for hours and also checked IG, but was unable to find any owner photos. It feels like he's really unpopular...:pout:

#470 Nighton_woN, Jun 14, 2022
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    11. There doesn’t seem to be many Withdoll SWD boys out there on Instagram, it’s not just Mir. I wonder if that’s why they’re redoing the body?

I can’t speak for anyone else but the last few years there’s been so much going on I didn’t engage with my dolls much. I think I’m just getting back into a place where I can actively engage in hobbies again.

Maybe that’s why it’s been quiet here. But also maybe that’s why there’s not much on the boys?

12. Did anyone get the Forest Elf Lia doll? I own a few MSD Withdolls but she has caught my eye - even though she is sold out. But I was hoping to find owner photos.

13. So, after all this time, Withdoll finally releases an SWD boy I really like,... right after they discontinued the body I was interested in. :sigh As far as I could tell, they didn't even give us a "last chance" warning, did they?

14. @Sianserais It's basically the same situation for me, although I wanted the 2022 version (or older) of the 67cm body that had a waist joint and not the newer 2023 version. :sweat I hadn't been following the resin side of the hobby for a couple of years (as I've been into Dollfie Dreams) so I was a bit like "wait, what" when I noticed that they had changed the torso, so had to go back and check when the change happened. I guess the majority of people prefer chest joints, but I really dislike how sharp they are and they cut the torso unnaturally (humans have a rib cage and we're not meant to bend there). But well...

They did post on the 20th of January on instagram that they would be releasing a 70 cm body next and discontinuing the 67 cm version, however the discontinuation also happened on that same day so there wasn't really a proper warning that would've allowed people some time to purchase the 67 cm body before discontinuation. I'm a bit disappointed with how they handled this, to be honest, I think that usually they're better at giving a heads up when there's a discontinuation.

The 70 cm body isn't really fit to my aesthetic, it's very stocky and the arms look too rounded and overall it's more muscular than I'd like (and of course, that chest joint). Lots of companies are now doing these very muscular male bodies and I'm not a fan... but I guess Withdoll at least kept the pecks relatively flat. Some companies have breast size options for their male dolls now but I don't really want my men to be very muscular or have extra plump pecks. :sweat It's a bit frustrating that when a trend happens, then basically every doll company goes for that, instead of doing their own thing. But I guess that's generally the way of the world. Like I dislike trends in clothing, as I'm very picky about clothes that feel comfortable to wear, so I haven't found comfortable jeans in probably over 20 years now. So I'm stuck waiting for when the trends change again. Although, in dolls, the chest joint trend has been around since early 2010's, so I've been waiting for a while for that one to go away... xD

One more complaint is that Jay's head looks a bit too small for the body, not sure if their older heads are bigger and would look better. But their older heads are also very young-looking in general (except for Mir), so I'm not sure how well they would fit on this new body. I think younger faces would look better on a lean body.

I am quite sad about this business with the body, as I really like Jay's face. He reminds me of Juwel, which was the first doll I bought from Withdoll back in 2010. I did end up liking the half-closed eyes version the best, so if they ever make Jay with half-closed eyes, then he'd be absolutely perfect for me. :D

For hybrid purposes, if you happen to like Supia, you'd get a perfect match because Withdoll casts their dolls (if anyone needs proof, they did a collab release of Supia Zion head on Withdoll's body, Supia's 2023 colour chart is the same as Withdoll's chart, except they only use the headcap images and have their own names for the colours, also Supia has done some of the face ups on Withdoll's newer releases, Jay being one of them). Supia has a 65 cm tall body, although they did also recently release a 75cm tall body as well... but hopefully the 65 cm body stays around and doesn't get discontinued.

#474 Mizya, Apr 17, 2024
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    15. @Mizya - Yeah, I understand why they put the joint there for aesthetic reasons, but it's not my favorite either. I still liked the look and size of the 2023 version, though. And that's what I thought - there really was no time for us to grab one after the announcement, otherwise I would have.
      I agree that Jay's head looks a little small and young on the 70cm body, and I'm tired of this overly-muscular trend for the male dolls as well. My characters aren't body builders. They don't give exact measurements, but the page says he takes 8-9" wigs, the same as most of the other SWD boys, so... maybe there is no difference, or only 1cm if there is?
      Thank you for pointing out the Supia option, in any case! I've never owned one, so I don't know how well they pose, but I'll definitely look into that. I was debating whether LUTS's real skin brown was close enough to Withdoll's real skin to make it work, but the examples I have on hand indicate that Withdoll's is noticeably pinker. Always harder to hybrid the tan resins! :sweat