1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Withdoll 60cm discussion

Apr 16, 2015

1. tekkon, I wouldn't worry about scratching the parts. Well, the feet, of course might get scratched if the doll is posed on rough surfaces, but otherwise the clear resin is really sturdy. I have the clear msd pumps and they really don't scratch very easily. Though, I don't know if they'll give the hands and feet the same kind of resin coating as the shoes... But I'm sure you'll be amazed with the quality anyway. I've never seen a single airbubble on any Withdoll products (not even on the pumps although they warned that there might be some) and the surface is super smooth. <3
      About the 1:1 center, the reply might take a little longer and it'll most likely go to your junk email folder. But if they're replying others and you're not getting a reply, it might be best to ask them again on the Q&A board.

2. Oh, man, i'm so exited about Cecily :3 It'll be a bit longer cause i choose Layaway... Maybe i get her on my birthday in october xD
      But she wonderful) And that clear hands... But i have a little doubt about shoes, which one 'll be better for her foot maybe someone know?
      I mean i know only Alice's, Dollmore and Tata shops.

3. @Yenna, thank you for the quick response! Great to know about the resin quality - I haven't heard a single complaint about Withdoll, which is really nice. I'm really looking forward to getting my first girl from there. And maybe I won't be too scared to handle her then. XD ♥
      I think I'll just wait a bit longer and if it seems there's no response, I will post my questions on the Q&A board. I totally understand if it takes a while for them to respond, they must be quite busy taking the orders in and answering everyone else's questions as well.

[MENTION=67018]Este[/MENTION], oh, another person waiting on Cecily, yay! :D I can't help you with the shoes as they haven't posted much measurements... And I don't know what's the production time estimate either, but from my understanding they start to produce your doll right away after you pay the first down payment for layaway, so I'd imagine that the waiting time will not be much longer than if you had paid in full. :)

4. The prototypes had tiny feet, so I can't help you with actual experience, but they've now lenghtened both feet by certain measurements. They _should_ fit into regular 1/3 girl shoes and the heeled feet should fit into most SD16 size shoes, but I can't do tests before they send me the renewed feet. Not sure when that is, but I'll be posting about it as soon as I get them. ^^
      According to the measurements the renewed feet should be 6,7cm long and 2,7cm wide.

Going with the experience from the mini's Withdoll tends to take 3-4month for event dolls. 3 if it's just a blank doll and longer if there are extras. Sometimes it might take less time, too, but I think they're gonna have quite a number of orders in different resin colours, so it might take them a while. (They're only now shipping out February orders, then there's the Kiara pre-order period from march before they get to the SWD orders.)

You're welcome. ^^

5. I really want to order a Margery, but I am waiting for the photos of the improved body 1st... hope there'll be some dolls left ! >.<

6. [MENTION=2214]Yenna[/MENTION], thanks for answers) So i guess she might be a Christmas present xD Besides i ordered her in white resin with faceup... Well nevermind :3
      I look at some of my MSD shoes and think if it fits her xD it's 7,5x3,2cm

7. Withdoll was really awesome and let me put Cecily on a bit of a longer layaway (8 smaller payments within a four-month period), so I got her with all the options except the clear hands and feet- as awesome as they are, I don't think I'd ever use them. I know it's going to be quite a wait, but I don't care. I'm just so happy I was able to buy her! :XD:

8. I wondered why the Withdoll waiting room was so quiet. Everyone waiting for the 1/3 girls is in here. I sprang on Cecily the day the first order opened. I make my own option parts, so there was no need to wait for a full set.

9. I think everyone on the fence about the new 60cm releases are waiting for withdoll to update with new photos of the updated body. I know I am.

10. Have you seen the new photos ?!!!:D
      Margery is so beautiful !!! But back to my original question, do you see the modifications on the new body. The knees' front edges seem a tad attenuated, but it's really slight... so any thought *goes back to checking bank account ;) *

11. I adore Margery :D

12. Well I too went a bit cray cray and ordered a blue skin Cecily. I totally blame my mother for not letting me have a blue fairytopia Barbie when I was little ;)

I must say I wasn't so fussed about the sculpt until I saw Mizya's doll and the make up! I'm hyped now!

Couldn't make up my mind about the clear resin parts, but lack of funds kinda made the choice for me.
      I can't say much to the body debate, since all my dolls are required to do is sit :roll:

13. @ Adamantine

Yes, blue skin Cecily is so pretty <3 I'm getting one to be my Estellise's ghost companion in her story. The clear resin parts kinda creeped me out though, dunno why?

14. Oh man, I didn't think I was in the market for a new 60cm girl body, but then i stumbled across a picture of the SWD body. Boy am I in trouble. I assume from the SWD body page that Withdoll is planning on selling the body alone. Did I miss the sale for that or has the sale not happened yet?

15. Right now WD is saying they have no plans to sell the body by itself. The page for the body is there just for photo reference. A shame as I would love to get two of these bodies for floating heads.

16. Wow that is a huge bummer. I have a Kanadoll head coming in that would look really great on that body, although I am not familiar with how Withdoll normal resin matches with Volks normal (Kanadoll's closest resin match).

17. It says this right on their page:
      So, apparently there is a body event coming up, and all the colours will have UV protection (unless they just mean to send the full dolls out with protection and just misworded that -which is probably the case). If it's the same as with the tinies, even urethanes will be protected, not just the french resin. However, laurelvere, WDs normal skin isn't really a match with Volks. It has more orange/red pigment in it, which makes it slightly darker. Then again, I haven't seen Volks resin in years, so I could be wrong.

18. Oh yay!!!
      They just kept telling everyone that they would not sell the body or even the dolls again, so I stopped torturing myself by looking at the site and wishing I could get one.

19. I was a little out of it in the morning when I replied but now that I look at the message again, I don't think it means a body event. Just that the ordered dolls will be coming with UV screen. And yes, Margery and Cecily were limited, but they will be making more head sculpts, so there could always be a nicer one coming.

Also, Withdoll does re-release their limiteds from time to time, usually even though they say they won't. Right now, there's still over 15 Margery's available and 7 Cecilys. There's a chance they'll keep on being available for months unless suddenly a lot of people buy them.

20. Question for anyone who might know. About wig size. I ordered a Margery and need to buy a wig for her, but I don't know if I should get an 8" or a 9-10". The only one I've found that suits the character is on Crobi and those are their sizes. Any advice world's be much appreciated.