1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. I love the withdoll Vera but she's an SD. do you know if they have something similar that's MSD sized?? Or maybe a dupe? I like the long ears!

2. I used to have a Withdoll Angela, and I liked 10mm in her better too. I had makos in her for the longest time though, which are 12mm at the smallest, so I just kind of dealed since urethane photograph so much better than acrylic in my experience, which was my only 10mm, lol. I haven't really tried glass too much, though... I just know that I want to get some red eyes for her. ^^ I think I'll have to get some 10mm for Emma, though... I'm not a huge fan of the extremely doll look either, I suppose. XD

Oh! That reminds me! About my Emma. I got her a few days ago and honestly... I had a terrible gut feeling when I opened her up. She wasn't packaged the best, to put it gently. I could tell that before I opened the package, and once I got the Withdoll box out, the previous owner no longer had that foam body in the package, so there was... a lot of space for this to... move around. There was other issues too but it looked like Emma flew around a lot in the package, and I count my lucky stars that she doesn't seem to be much worse for wear because of it x.x She had some dents in her resin (and some deepish scratches I didn't know about on her ankle, etc) but those may have already been there when I got her. I got her at a really good price and to be honest, I would have bought her with those issues anyways, and since she wasn't chipped I just let the person I bought her from know what happened.
      Apparently none of the stores in my area sold some non-acetone, clear nail polish remover though? It was kind of crazy lmao. I eventually got some Winsor & Newton brush cleaner though, so she's mostly cleaned up ^^ She might have some light staining on the back of her neck but it's mostly gone and it's a light blue against grey resin, so luckily it isn't the most noticeable thing in the world anyways. It might just be a stubborn bit though, so I might work on it again later.

Oh! And I also was being a good doll owner since I finally bought some clothing for my dolls :'D I'm so picky and it feels like everything I want to buy always sells before I see it, LOL. I have some stuff shipping from Poland and since I am in the US, it'll take awhile to get here, but once it does I'll have some new stuff for Emma. ^^ I haven't taken much for photos for her yet, so maybe I'll do that once some of that stuff gets here... I got several corsets and two lacy shirts. I just need to get some pants, a pair of boots, and eyes for her and I think I'll take some photos for her.
      I'll need to get her a faceup but I'm not in a huge rush to do that right this moment. I really want to think what I want for her first.

Honestly? I'd be surprised if Withdoll releases her as a MSD. I'd be ecstatic since I love Vera too (and Alan, augh lol), but I'm not sure if their dolls are hand-sculpted or if they're 3d sculpted. If they're 3d sculpted it might be possible if there is enough interest, I guess...? Granted Withdoll hasn't changed their female body yet - I'd love to have double jointed knees and maybe a mobility joint - so I wouldn't hold my breath on that. x.x;
      That said, there are a few MSD elves that get released once in a great while; Emma, Ruby, Egon, Angela, Ian, and Ash. Beyond the general "withdoll aesthetic" I don't think any of them look strikingly like Vera... I suppose the closest might be Angela? Dark Elf Angela has small elf ears though, so if you wanted bigger ones you'd be best off getting a human Angela and having her modded, though.

3. Egon. His nose bridge is a tad wider and eyes bigger because he's made to look younger, but with a small nosejob he would be very close. Only, you'd have to put him on a girl body and also mod the years if you wanted those. :P

http://withdoll.com/webftp/02basicedition/2016/07B/egonhead.jpg
      vs
      http://withdoll.com/webftp/02basicedition/2016/07/verahead.jpg

4. So... I have been... really naughty with my doll money as of late. :sweat
      I ended up seeing an amazing deal on a withdoll angela elf in rosybrown, so... another elf is coming home. :aheartbea
      I used to own an angela elf in brown tan and it was a great color, beautiful doll, but I love fantasy skin tones for dolls, and getting her in grey or rosybrown was what I really, really wanted.

She'll hopefully be here either later this week or early next week. :sumomo:
      Right now I am altering a kalcia dress I have, and I think I might be giving it to her. I'll probably see how fabric dyeing works though, since it's a dark green color and she might look better in something darker, like black.

5. I don't know if this was already posted yet (whoops if it is, I haven't been that up to date with this) but I am going to be getting ruby soon, and I'm debating between the normal skin, or the rose white. Right now I'm leaning towards the rose white, just because I want a pale girl with reddish/brown hair. Do you guys think the hair would look better with rose white or normal? I want her to still be pale, but I'm worried the rose white is waaayy to white. Any help?

6. I used to have a Ruby in normal (she's actually my icon right now, ahaha) and she was a very pinkish resin in my experience, but I think she would still look really good with red hair. In truth, I intended her to either be a red head, auburn, or brunette but plans changed and I essentially reshelled her onto a Souldoll Junia (who, ironically enough, I still need to either buy or make that wig lmao). I think she would be fine in either skin tone, though I am not particularly familiar with rose white. ^^; But, maybe it would be worthwhile to try to find some owner photos, if no one has any examples to share here.

7. Thank you! I, sadly, have not been able to find any photos of her in rose white yet, but I'll keep looking. In your photo, she looks perfect. She will be my first bjd and I'm just so picky:lol: I know both skin tones will look fine, but I'm so nervous and I want to get everything perfect lol

8. So I looked around the Withdoll site, and there is this:
      :::::::::: WITHDOLL ::::::::::
      She's a tiny in normal with red hair

and there is this one, too:
      Which has red hair and rose white skin (from the looks of it, it doesn't exactly say for sure)

These two are also in rose white skin, and one has red hair:

The pictures side-by-side look very similiar though, so it's hard to say how much light/filters is possibly effecting it though, since here is a resin comparison:
      https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/5f/8d/655f8d940fb0366ba9c6ef1091332b04.jpg

So... it's hard to say since so many factors can affect the lighting, but I think either would be okay? Rose white is really pretty from photos I've seen, such as the promo with Nana: :::::::::: WITHDOLL ::::::::::
      I suppose it might be worthwhile thinking about any dolls you might want to get after her and, if so, what you would like them to look like next to her. A lot of companies have quite pale "normal" resin, so rose white might be a safe bet. But if you want a lot of fantasy skin tones, or darker resin colors like tans, the difference between normal and rose white might be minimal. Rose white doesn't seem to be shockingly white to were to would be harder to photograph any other pale ns doll, and I'm not sure how similiar it is to souldoll's normal, but I haven't had any issues photographing her.

So... very ramble-y but hopefully it helps a little bit! I really wish I had a withdoll in rose white so I could do a comparison between her and my souldoll girl, lol. Sadly my withdolls are all grey-based fantasy colors!

9. I actually really like that head. O.O Now that you bring it up I could totally shell him as one of my ladies and maybe get an eye mod. I like the ears a lot. My plan is to paint tattoos in them so I need the room.

10. I thought I responded to this earlier but maybe I didn't? Oops! Sorry!
      Anyways this was really useful <3 I think I will be getting some 10mms for Emma, and probably my Angela too... I've had a Withdoll Angela previously and her eye wells were really annoying to deal with sometimes, lol. I love the sculpt but it seems it might be sculpted in such a way that makes it very easy for the eye to be slightly facing a different directions. XD; Granted I mostly used 12mm makos which seem to sit as if they're a tad bit bigger than other 12mm eyes? I'm not sure.

I can't wait though! My Withdoll Angela elf should be here tomorrow. I am hoping some clothing I got from Poland will be here soon, too. That way I can dress Emma and Angela for photos so they won't be either naked or very strangely dressed.

11. I bought a withdoll Ruby from a seller on Ebay. I don't have any decent pictures of her yet, though, she is bald, eyeless and dressed in a barbie shirt and headband pants right now, lol.

I did order her some wigs in auburn, hopefully they will get here soon. She came with eyes, I just don't have the putty to put them in yet. Poor little girl, she's kind of a mess.

I can't remember her color, the seller bought her years ago and it was some custom color at that time. She's got sort of a peachy redhead complexion. I'll look up and see what color she is and post some pictures later on.

12. Thank you!

13. @pressed.petals my Lili (Priscilla) is rose white with reddish hair. She's been blushed quite a lot because of the freckles I gave her, but you can see photos of her in my IG mista_isilme (sorry, using my phone, so can't go on adding a photo here). I'd totally recommend rose white, it's a gorgeous color, one of the prettiest I've ever seen.

14. Thank you! I'm now struggling to decide to get a Withdoll or Minifee. I'm so picky lol. Thanks for the info!

15. I have a strong bias towards Withdoll... I currently own 3 (Angela, Emma, & Kiara) and I've previously owned two others (a different Angela & a Ruby)... so that's where my vote goes, lol. Obvious bias though! XD They're not seen to often so sometimes seeing them really "sticks" to the mind and Withdoll's waiting times are neither long and there is a lot of options to chose from in regard to skin color, even when there is no event going on.

But, I will say this - Withdolls and Minifees, in my experience, can take much of the same clothing. :) So if you do get a Withdoll (who will probably be cheaper) you can start building up wigs, clothing, etc. and if you get a minifee, you'll already have stuff for them. Minifees take 6-7" wigs as well, besides the older models (eg, Soony, Lishe, etc.) who take 7-8" wigs, so the biggest thing that would probably be different is healed shoes (I have no experience in this) and eyes (which in my experience withdolls often take 10-12mm and I think minifees tend to take anywhere from 12-16mm depending on model?). Minifees are easier to sell secondhand, however, so that might be something worth considering, though. I haven't had a terribly hard time selling withdolls but I do remember Fairyland stuff selling like hotcakes in comparison.

16. I agree with @Epona. I've had 7 Minifees in the past but am now down to 2. My WithDolls, on the other hand, have grown in number to one boy and 5 girls, although one of the girls is currently lending her body to a Raccoon Doll elf head. I like the WithDoll bodies better than Minifee bodies, with the possible exception of the legs, which seem knock-kneed to me. I don't care for MiniFee cutie legs, either, which look bowlegged. I wish they all had the MiniFee model legs, but that's just a personal bias. WithDolls are taller, if that's a consideration. My WD girls wear shoes (both flat and heels) made for Iplehouse JID girls. I tried to sell a WithDoll once. She wasn't moving, but I pulled her anyway when I realized I could use her body for another doll. MiniFees definitely sell fast--even more so if they have an artist face-up.

In the end, which one to buy is a personal decision that only you can make. The more time you take to look over both companies' dolls, the better informed you'll be and the happier you'll be with your decision. Either one is a good choice.

17. If Withdoll would finally update the girl legs, I would have absolutely no complains. :( Double-jointed knees and maybe a mobility joint would be absolutely lovely - I haven't held any of their dolls with double jointed knees yet (planning on getting an Aiden hopefully not in the distant future), but if it's like the arms, I'm sure they would be lovely.

It might be worth mentioning the girl's have double jointed arms - which work great - but their legs are single jointed, so that might be worth mentioning if that might bother you depending on what poses you'd want, @pressed.petals. Minifees are "technically" single jointed in the knees, but they have more mobility in it than most single jointed dolls and can still do a sort of high kneel without any gaping. (So, single and a half jointing? I'm not sure) Of course, if your aim is possibility and you're willing to look into a hybrid, a minifee head (with a minifee neck connector or resin donut) and a body from either dollzone or dollits might be worth consideration. I've often heard from people, including minifee owners, that those bodies pose better (and they're both a good bit cheaper). (Of notable mention is Spiritdoll, which I often hear is a decent poser and good for minifee hybrids, though I don't know a lot about them yet)
      Of course, if you want a boy, Withdoll boys I believe have double jointed knees. I haven't heard much about them, but I haven't heard any complaints, which is generally a good sign.

Oh! And on unrelated notice, I have a Withdoll Kiara now! I mentioned her in my prior post but I just recently got her last Wednesday. She has some damage I will have to fix with epoxy but hopefully it won't be a big deal. I got her at an insanely good price secondhand and I'm really happy to finally have a Kiara; originally I was going to try to get her in grey or rosybrown but withdoll's tans are lovely and I really haven't seen any Kiara's secondhand before, so I didn't want to miss it. Needless to say I'm really pleased. She's in brown tan-uv and I'm glad to have a tan doll again; I used to have an angela in the non-uv brown tan and it was a lovely color. Much like it, the uv version is quite nice; the 'texture' of it is kind of interesting since it's environmental resin though.She also has a lovely faceup by Red Iris Atelier, too! I can't wait to get the materials to finally fix her up. She has some cracks in her knees that I'll have to fix and some minor chips in her ankles that I'm not overly concerned about.

18. @Epona thank you for the help! I would like them to be able to pose pretty well. I won't be doing any crazy poses, but still. I most likely won't sell her, since I grow attached to EVERYTHING, and she's a first. I'm having trouble finding wigs for 6-7. I found a few on Ebay I like, but I'm not sure I want to buy from there. And congrats on your new doll!:XD:
      @vermont chick true:)

19. @pressed.petals
      I would avoid ebay wigs when possible. Sometimes you get nice ones but a lot of the time they are meh quality, poor fitting, and wont stay on.

I suggest looking at Leekeworld wigs (denverdoll has in stock ones if you are in US) Luts and Crobidoll also have nice wigs. ForMyDoll also are usually alright, but most of their styles have straight across bangs, which I never need, so I just never really order from them.

20. Thank you so much!