1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. @pressed.petals - If you are in the US, Facets by Marcia carries Monique Gold wigs, which are my favorites. Unlike hard cap wigs, Monique's caps have good stretch so there's a better chance that a wig will fit. The hair is also very soft and looks more like real hair than many others.

2. I second the Monique wig recommendation. I bought two from Ebay and I love them. They are very soft and have great colors.

3. Thank you everyone for your help! I'm planning on getting a Withdoll Cathy in the future. I've fallen in love with the tinys Withdoll sells, so I'll get one of those.:XD:Sorry for so many questions.

4. Don't worry about asking questions. That's the way you learn. Cathy is very cute, but so are the tinies. Best of luck on your purchase.

5. Thank you!:3nodding:

6. Oh, by the way, Withdoll again promised to upgrade the girl body by the end of the year. I was kind of tempted to ask if it is by the end of the year 2027 perhaps, but then managed to restrain myself. :sweat But anyway, it just might happen one of these days. I completely agree with @Epona about the legs! And the boy body poses way better, even if the stringing makes the legs a bit loose.

7. Now if only I could buy the new legs for all of my dolls LOL! Though some are from like, 2015 so I'm not sure how good the match would be after that long, oh well lol.

And also seconding (thirding?) the monique wig suggestion! I have several now and I plan on getting more. They are prone to flyaways however, so that's worth mentioning... but for the hair quality, variety of colors, and styles, it's otherwise it's really worth it. I feel like the flyaways is fairly realistic though, so that's maybe worth a mention, since I feel like it bothers some people more than others.

8. I third/fourth the suggestion to use Monique - they have a bit of 'stretch', and they're nice and soft.
      I ordered from Facets before, from Europe, and I had no problem at all.

9. Sorry for what is probably an obvious question but I have been out of the hobby for a few years. For Withdoll they seem to re-release limiteds if there is enough demand for them. Since this is the case, which is the best method to request a re-release of a doll? Do they check their customer's wishlists or should I ask on their FAQ?

It looks like the doll I want (Elf Hunter Ash) was last re-released in 2016 so I figured I'd make my own interest known as well, just in case they are considering it. Otherwise I'll have to hunt pre-owned which is always a struggle.

10. I’m wanting an elf Ruby. Any idea when she might be re-released?

Thanks in advance!

11. Hello, I have a question. I've missed when ability of ordering heads separately has disappeared from Withdoll's site. Is there still an ability to order head only (maybe through private messages or etc)?

12. @silent

Unfortunately they no longer sell heads seperately, and they did not announce it when they changed. I was super disappointed by this as well when I noticed.

In the past I saw someone ask on their Q and A but they just got told it was no longer an option, you could always try though, its possible they could change their mind if enough people ask, though it is still a long shot.

Who were you thinking of ordering?

13. @Alaia
      I want Cathy's head. I've been thinking about her for two years and have always been delaying it for later *facepalm*. Well, I think I'm gonna search her from second hand when I will be 100% ready for buying her.

14. I totally feel that X'D I adore Cathy's head. She and Aiden were ones I was looking at when I realized Withdoll no longer offered them separately. There is a grey skin Cathy on the MP super cheap right now, but I am not able finance wise to just buy random dolls right now. I would love to find a Real UV Cathy head to put on a body I already have.

I hope you can find one in the skin tone you want!

15. Ohhh, it seems it will be hard to blush grey resin into normal... So it's not my chance to buy her.
      Thank you!

16. Omg guys! I've just checked and found this: :::::::::: WITHDOLL ::::::::::
      So it seems that Cathy head is still avaiable. I've placed order.
      But I don't understand how to pay. Do Withdoll send an invoice or you had to do it by yourself? And if so than what are their PP requisites (as I remember, I need to know their email to make a payment)

17. @silent
      Ah, looks like you found an old link they hadnt deleted yet XD I saw someone do the same thing with a Pumpkin head from them once. (So they will probably take it down once you order her)

And unfortunately it has been a few years since I bought a doll from them so I dont remember the exact details. You can post in their board with your order number once you order and ask that they send you an invoice I believe.

18. @silent - I ordered a tiny from them last weekend. I didn't wait for an invoice, but just went directly to my PayPal and paid for the doll.

Basic Cathy is still available as a full doll. If you don't want or need the body, you can wait until you have Marketplace access and sell it. Just a thought.

19. @Alaia oh, it's sad. I wrote to Withdoll about this head and I'm waiting for their answer
      @vermont chick Thanks for an advice) I visit russian bjd site more oftenly and I think I'm gonna make a post "WTB Cathy's head" in its marketplace