1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. Has anyone else ordered Frost Archer Owen? I fell in love with his coat and clear resin bow. Not a reason to buy a doll, I know, but I did. He's coming unpainted so I can stamp my own character on him--once I figure out his concept. Something to think on while I wait.

According to a WithDoll news item from mid-October, only the limited edition girls would be discontinued because the clothing won't fit the new body. We should see the basic girl sculpts on the new body whenever it's released. As that was supposed to be in January, they've probably hit some snag in production, which is why the girls are currently marked "sold out".

2. I’m hoping they release a new elf Ruby soon. I’m really wanting one in pale grey since I missed her on the last release, I really didn’t want to buy the old body.

3. I saw Withdoll clarify elsewhere that they weren't sure if the fullset clothing will fit the new body or not, so they were offering the discontinuation sale just in case it's no longer compatible - rather than it being a guaranteed thing, more of a "just in case" from what I could understand.
      For the elves, for example, I doubt their would be entirely discontinued (why stop with the heads?) but they would probably get new fullset outfits if the clothing and/or resin parts no longer work.

That said...I hope it's still compatible. If it isn't, than that means they're probably no longer slim minis. :(

Yeah... The sale wasn't really a good time for me (and, well, a lot of other people I imagine, too) and I am really hoping the new body will be more or less the same with ideally double jointed knees and maybe a mobility joint *crosses fingers*

4. I hope that's so! Hope I will see Cathy again on new body, available for purchasing

5. @Epona - I didn't see that clarification. If it was posted on social media I wouldn't see it--I'm not on any of those sites.

I can't wait to see the new girl body. I don't know when I'll have money again, but a girl can dream, right?

6. I actually couldn't remember exactly where I saw it, but I did some digging and I found it!
      WITH DOLL

"New 40cm girl body will be released January of next year and the current 40cm girl body is going to be discontinued. The limited editions of 40cm girl doll may be discontinued because their outfit will not fit in the new body. Before discontinuing the current 40cm girl body, we are holding a “Farewell Sale" and re-released some limited editions. You can buy the 40cm girl dolls for 20% off the original price. The limited editions that was re-released are as follows."

It's been awhile after the estimated January date, though, so I hope everything is going okay for them!

7. bjdivas has Withdoll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all over for me guys!!!!!!! :celebrate:cheer:dance

8. I had contacted them about becoming a dealer a little bit ago, so I've known for awhile now, and... I just see my money getting sucked up, LOL. They're semi-local to me (same state) so I am really excited since not only are easy, long layaways possible, but also cheaper shipping :'D

9. What state ARE they in? Have a layaway for a Luts head going with them, but don't recall what state.

I am going to lose it next time WD releases an elf. Was so painful to drool over Elf Ash when he was out. Also might be tempted if they do what some companies do and offer a discounted price on a new body for those who already own an old style body, once the girls come out again. I've got a couple of gals I would love to get double jointed legs on. If no special event I may not bother though. No biggie.

10. I know I want an Aiden on a female body but I just discovered the Luna and I'm doomed. Now you all just showed me BJDivas and so long savings.

11. "New 40cm girl body will be released January of next year"...well...hope the delay won't be long

12. The last time I spoke with Withdoll, they said that the new girl body would be released at the end of February or the beginning of March, but obviously they've missed that deadline too. I suppose something's come up and it's taking a bit longer because they're very meticulous and want to offer the best products for their customers. They've only got one sculptor who works on 40cm and 60cm range dolls, and another for the 16cm tinys - not entirely sure which one of them makes the 26cm tinys because they appear more similar to the 40/60cm sculptor's work than the tiny sculptor's... I guess I should ask the next time I talk to them. xD But yeah, I'm really excited to see the body, too, so I hope that they can release it soon. It could be any day now! :D

And I'm pretty sure that they're going to have a promotion of some sort for the new body. :3 For example when the 45cm boy body was renewed, they offered it with a 10% discount. They quite consistently offer some kind of promotions whenever they release a new doll or a doll body. Especially when they started out, they'd often have these 20%~30% off promotions which were super good deals. I'm actually glad that they've slowed down on the discounts because I don't think Withdoll's prices are bad at all, considering what great quality dolls they are, and I felt like they were really undervaluing themselves with the big discounts. I know a couple of other companies that charge, like, twice as much as Withdoll, but their quality is maybe one third of Withdoll's. The resin that they use is very lovely, matte and hefty, and I don't think I've ever seen imperfections (marbling, snowflaking etc) in even the darkest skin tones that they offer. They do their casting in house, so they have very good quality control. So personally I think that you get very well your money's worth when you buy from Withdoll. :) Of course, I get that discounts are always nice - but I do think that they're going to have some kind of offer for the new girl body when they release it.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to the new girl body. I sold my Elf Emma because the legs of the older girl body were driving me crazy (not because they were single jointed, but because the shape of the joint in the knees and at the top of the thigh parts was bad - my Classic Narae and old Minisup body are both single jointed and pose beautifully). I was also never a fan of the torso joint being right under the breasts, so I hope that the new girl body will have a torso similar to the SWD girls' body (I have that body and I love its posing). If the new girl body ticks all the boxes, I'll be hoping that they'll re-release Elf Emma at some point because I'd like to get her back. :3 Like you @Dakashy I'm hoping that they'd release Elf Emma & Ruby in Pale Brown skin! Otherwise I'll go with Gray again... but I'd be really curious to see how my character's colour scheme would work with a lighter skin tone, as Withdoll's Gray skin is quite dark.

And I hope that you'll be able to get a Cathy @silent :D She's such a cute sculpt and very versatile~ :aheartbea

13. Thanks for the update, @Mizya. I'd better stop spending $$$ if I want to take advantage of any introductory discount on the new girl body. Unfortunately, Frost Archer Owen just about emptied my savings--and he's not even an elf!

@Dakashy - Wow, Ruby Elf looks wonderful in that shade of pale gray. I hope that color is offered again with another elf.

14. I believe all of withdoll's resin colors have changed a bit. They mentioned that they are putting the "sunscreen solution" into all of their doll's resin colors now - regardless if it's UV or not - so I think that might have changed them. I've seen someone talk about a rosybrown doll on instagram and the color is a very pale, "milky" gray-brown color as opposed to the dark brownish gray/dark grayish-brownish purple color in the standard and UV colors. I should ask them if they can do a new side-by-side comparison sometime... They did a new one not long ago but it doesn't show all of the colors.

So I had messaged Withdoll on their Q&A about their JWD girl body, and they said this:

"Thank you for your interest in our doll.
      We done the work associated with the Joint.
      We are modifying the body shape now.
      It seems to take much longer than we expected.
      New girl body will be released in April.
      We deeply apologize for the delay.
      We will do our best!

Sincerely,
      Withdoll"

In another post, I asked about Kiara & the possibility for an elf Kiara, and they had this to say:

"Dear Epona ,

Thank you for your interest in our doll.
      We accept your request. :)
      We will re-release Kiara in this year.

We will consider the idea about the elf version Kiara.
      But we cannot give you a definite answer today.
      Please understand.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
      Withdoll"

I am not sure if they plan on releasing Kiara as a basic sculpt or not, but I thought I'd pass on the information I was told. ^^ As much as I want the new body, I'd want them to take their time on it, but hopefully this is a good sign for it to come, lol. I might give them a follow-up question to see if the new body will be the same height and if it will have similar measurements, though... It seems a lot of companies are making their dolls thicker & taller and I really like having my short slim minis. :pout:

15. @Epona
      I'm glad to hear that Withdoll will realease new JWD body on April! I'm now having a JWD body now.Although it looks really nice, but the moblity are bad...*_*

16. I'd be happy with a Kiara re-release in either elf or human form, although elf is my preference. I look forward to the revised colors, too. Thanks for passing on the information, @Epona.

17. The red pigment is the first to break down, especially when exposed to UV rays. The color may have been more vibrant when first produced.

18. *Deep breathing in* omg, finally!
      I just saw photos of Cathy on DOA main page in "Latest doll profiles" section and now I am suffering again x___x
      well, well, well, now I hope that we will have an ability to order JWD gilrs again really soon :3nodding:

19. So I’m just gonna jump in- I’ve had a Withdoll for a few years and recently took her out of her box to take to a convention, and her strings are 100% dead! What do I do?? I’ve only done basic restringing before, and this is looking like it’ll be a full body job. Any advice?