1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. Restringing is actually really easy to do. I strongly suggest getting forceps to help hold things and wire to help pull the elastic through the smaller parts (like arms).

2. @Mazokugirl451 - I haven't restrung any of my WDs, but what I would do, given the lack of a stringing manual, is either to ask for advice on their Q&A (I looked and don't see a manual on the website) or else take her apart very carefully, making note--and maybe a diagram--of the path of each string. I'd start by removing one of the feet. It's important to find where the knot is. Usually it will be in the chest, but not always. The string for the arms will be shorter. Make note of how long each string is, and how thick, for buying replacements. You can always trim a string that's too long, but if you start with a string that's too short, your doll will be kicky.

As @LuckyXIII says, invest in forceps or hemostats (available in different lengths). You can use thin wire to pull the elastic through the thin parts, or try a grosgrain ribbon. The ribbon is easier on your hands.

3. @Mazokugirl451

I followed along with restringing tutorials on youtube back when I first started in the hobby, so I suggest doing that if you are able to.

Withdoll girls are pretty straightforward to string, the only thing different than most general stringing tutorials I see is sometimes the Withdoll girls come with 2 smaller strings (one going to each leg) instead of the 1 super long string most others do.

The difference in doing 2 strings is that you can adjust the tension for each leg individually instead of having to balance them out so that one isn't too tight while the other is too loose. It's completely up to you on which way you prefer though.

Also if you are interested in sueding your doll, doing so while she is unstring would be most convenient ^^

4. Withdoll finally posted a teaser picture for the new female JWD body on their Facebook page!

5. Link, please? Some of us are not on Facebook.

6. WITHDOLL on Instagram: “# JWD Girl Coming soon!”
      WITHDOLL on Instagram: “# JWD Girl Coming soon!”
      WITHDOLL on Instagram: “# JWD Girl Coming soon!”

It's on their instagram too. Kind of a combination of all their bodies with the torso looking very similar to the bigger girls.

I really need this body for my Larissa, but the problem is that I'd prefer her to be pale brown (as my other two girls are grey and rosy brown), but her head is limited and I can't get it in that tone. :/ She'll have to stay gray, I guess...

7. Ouch. I hope they have a different bust option that looks nicer than that one does. My favorite part of the old JWD bodies were the pretty breasts.

Double post because I realize how negative that sounds by itself.

I DO love that the girls are getting the cool hip jointing system the boys have, and thigh joints and double jointed knees are super exciting to see <3

#567 Alaia, Apr 18, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2019
    8. Thanks for the links, @Yenna.

I must say I'm unimpressed with the bust. It will probably look good in a low cut dress, but without clothing it defies gravity. On the positive side, the poses are impressive. The butt flaps remind me of Iple's old JID girl body.

9. Ehhh, new body is not in my taste( hope that I will find a person from my country to split this doll...
      Well, anyway, it's good that there are some news, I'm tired of empty promises so it's really good that there is a progress

Upd: well, sorry, I wrote such a negative post just because of emotions. Maybe the difference is only in weird bust, and they said in instagram:
      > Thank you for your interest in our new JWD body. Many customers said they did not like that about the breasts. So we decided to modify the breasts shape.
      I'm sorry, I just want head so so so much and my first impression was that I totally don't like this body, so they kinda force me to buy what I don't like..I hope so much that I will find an ability to split the doll.

#569 silent, Apr 29, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    10. @silent I would assume that the newer body would be possible to split, as there are people who do like it and might be looking to upgrade their Withdolls with older bodies onto the new body. And like you said, they are planning on modifying the large bust and they are also going to release a small bust option, so perhaps the body will end up looking better in your eyes after they reveal the new busts? :)

Personally I would've hoped that the body had wider hips and thicker thighs and that the torso joint was a bit lower at the waist, but otherwise I like the joints and the general shape of the body. Well, the breasts are a tad too squished together but they've already said that they'll be fixing that. I like how it has more thickness and shape in the arms and legs... the old body had such scrawny legs which I wasn't really a fan of. The neck is also thicker and the shoulders are wider, so some of their bigger and younger-looking heads, like Cathy, should look better on the new body, I'd say. I always thought that Cathy looked kinda bobble-headed on the old body so I put mine on a Supiadoll Minisup body (old version), which has a thicker neck and wider shoulders.

11. Hi! I have a question, and I hope this is the right place to ask it. I recently purchased a tan Withdoll Belun head, and I was wanting to modify it. I've heard that sanding tan resin can be bad, because the pigment is only on the surface layer of the resin, and everything under it is the original resin color. So, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or if anyone knew how deep the pigment went. Thank you!

If I'm asking this in the wrong place, please tell me and I'll move it!

12. @Biofreak659 Currently, and for the last several years tan resin dolls have the pigment go all the way through. Even after all these years I'm surprised that this belief continues to persist.:sweat Although, I think I know why. I'm really not the best person to try and explain this, but I think the problem is that when people sand tan resin, and notice that the sanded parts are lighter they assume that the color doesn't go all the way through, but that's not true. The same thing happens when you sand any other colored resin including normal, it's just more noticeable with tan. And the reason for why we see this difference is due to light reflection. A smooth surface reflects light differently then a scratched or sanded surface, as both of those things (scratching or sanding) create micro abrasions, which causes any light that reflects off it to reflect in different directions. Smooth surfaces reflect light in the same angle and direction.Generally, completely sanding the doll evenly will either lessen or completely get rid of this difference in appearance.

13. I suspected this was the case (there's a lot of materials misinformation out there...) but I wanted to make sure before doing something irreparable to an expensive doll. Thank you so much for your response!

14. @Biofreak659
      I've sanded down the nipples on a brown tan uv girl from withdoll and didnt have a very noticable color change when I used a super high grit sandpaper. (granted she was much newer than the Belun sculpt so her resin type could be different)

Good luck!

15. @Biofreak659 if he's urethane tan, the sanded areas might become more noticeably different. The UV skintones handle sanding better even in the darker tones. I've sanded down the nipples and the top of the neck on my rosy brown girl (non-uv), which is one of their darkest resin tones, and the difference is pretty obvious. However, I didn't smooth it properly with higher grit paper (she's never shirtless, head covers the neck) so I don't know how much the situation could improve. So, regardless of urethane or UV, maybe test it out inside the head or something...

16. @Biofreak659 Real UV isn't as dark as some of the resin colors, but still darker than NS; I have a boy in that color who, thanks to a mod, only has nine toes. :) There's basically no color difference on the modded foot.

17. Thanks for the link, @Alaia. I like what I see so far. I wonder if they will release a new head as well? I don't recognize the one in the photo.

18. I much prefer the old body in regards to the chest part, as I'm more of a fan of bodies with the joint at the boobs (Minifee, Luts' KDF Type 2) but I love everything else about it. It looks like it poses really well!