1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. @Yenna

Yeah. I agree. I have a strictly MSD collection, and bodies mean a lot to me. ;; But I understand what is good for business is a good for a doll company to do. I would rather wait for a new body than have Withdoll lose business.

@wherethelilacsbloom

Ooh! Your Rosa is so adorable! Congratulations!

2. @vermont chick, I don't think so? I've seen what the girl hands originally looked like (they were huge and different shape) and they've gone through two mechanisms to get to this lock system. I didn't know Fairylands had added locks to their wrists, though, since it's been a long time since I sold my mnf body. Of course it's a possibility, but the jointing doesn't resemble Fairyland's otherwise at all, and Withdolls have completely different facial proportions too. Fairyland faces are wide and heads are ball shaped, while Withdoll faces are tall and the heads more oval shaped widening towards the top. The only thing I've heard about their background is that they used to make gundam figures (etc.) before moving onto dolls, thus they had a lot of problems at first adapting their style of doing things into properly working dolls. But it's also why a new company was able to put out super amazing quality armours in dark resin.

@wherethelilacsbloom, Congratulations. :3 I find that most open-eyed WD girls wear 12mm eyes the best, but of course that depends on the eye company as well... The width of the eye is also made for 12mm and smaller eyes tend to gap. I hope you find eyes for her that you're happy with, she's a cutie. ^^ I do love how the wig matches the eyebrows.

@AjiAji Yeah, I've been waiting for years already, so what's a few more years of waiting to me? I enjoy looking at what Withdoll releases in the mean time.

#42 Yenna, May 4, 2016
      Last edited: May 4, 2016
    3. I discovered something scary happening to my Withdoll Cathy's knees yesterday. There are hairline cracks forming around her knee caps. I plan to take her apart and place some epoxy putty inside the knees to stabilize it but this worries me since I received her last October with similar cracks on one of her ankles. The tension on her strining always seemed fine to me since I have tighter strung dolls but now I'm so unsure. First no body for my boy and now this on my girl (again)--arghhhh! :eek:
      [​IMG]

4. @wherethelilacsbloom Your Rosa is gorgeous! I love how she looks in the red wig. Big congratulations on her arrival! I think the 10mm eyes work well, but if you want to go larger 12mm is the way to go. I have 12mm in Emma. They look big in the photo I posted on this thread. The one I posted in the Waiting Room is a better view.

@Yenna I was talking only about the hands and feet, not any other parts of the doll. Those are vastly different. FairyLand does use a locking mechanism for the hands, but only on the larger dolls. It hasn't come down to MiniFee yet.

@Anante Those cracks are scary! Could there be a weakness in the resin there? It might just affect one specific batch of resin. I would sent the photos to WithDoll if I were you. They should replace those parts.

5. Thank you all for the congrats :D Emma is sitting at my desk with me today while we figure out her eye situation :)

I do have one more pair of 12mm eyes, but they are brown. While this normally wouldn't bother me, I was really counting on her having green. All of my girls are basically brown or blue in eye color, so I wanted to introduce a little variety ;)

I am thinking of adding a pair or two of Salafina eyes onto my next Clover Singing order. Has anyone tried these? They seem really pretty.

I do want urethane eventually, but I wanted to wait until I can afford to order several pairs at once, rather than one at a time. New resin keeps distracting me from getting more wig/eyes/clothing options for my current resin xD Oy.

6. That is a really neat piece of trivia to know! :D I used to collect miniature gundam figures when I was about middleschool aged. It really does make sense, though! Even though I don't own any of the armor sets, they look incredibly detailed and the owner photos I've seen show they fit amazingly well!

7. @Anante
      Oh no! ;A; What a sad thing to be happening! Hope the fix works out for you, and it won't be so bad. @_@

8. After looking through my accounts, I found I had a bit more money than I thought. I just ordered Egon (blank basic). I'll be dying him when he arrives so he can be my super grumpy dark elf. :)

9. Congrats on your Egon!!! I hope you will share photos of him once he arrives (and after you dye him, because a grumpy dark elf sounds AWESOME). :D

10. @vermont chick you are welcome!

@Yenna Min Ki is looking great as always!

@wherethelilacsbloom she is so pretty, congrats!!! I love that necklace/choker you did for her!
      I think her eyes look great, imho they are the perfect size for her. And green really suits her!
      You could try AllThatGlittersEyes on Etsy. Their sales photos are not that good, but the owner pics I've seen are great!

@Anante ohh, I'm so sorry this happened to you!
      Maybe you should contact Withdoll to see if they would sell you replacement parts.

@LuckyXIII Congrats on ordering!!

11. I had such issues positioning my Rosa's eyes correctly. :vein Her eye wells are just so curvy, it's practically impossible.

I'd also recommend using 12mm eyes. Those are the size that she's made to wear.

12. @wherethelilacsbloom
      I know with our Emma's that we have, we had to gentle carve the eye wells bigger to fit the eyes we put in Yuki.
      [​IMG]
      She has 12mm.

13. @vermont chick, your Emma is gorgeous! Se has really sweet face. Emma is my favorite sculpt.

@wherethelilacsbloom, your Rosa is so pretty! Congrats! And she has a lovely outfit.

@LuckyXIII, congrats on your order! That grumpy dark elf sounds great! Can´t wait to see him. ^^

@AjiAji, she is just lovely! Those bright eyes looks awesome on her.

Here is another Emma! And really hope that I haven´t posted this before because it is not a new picture... :D And I promise to take a new one soon.

But she wears also 12 mm eyes.

[​IMG]In the Woods by Wheatear, on Flickr

14. @AjiAji Your Emma is a lovely color. Which resin is it? It reminds me of Iple's peach gold.

@Wheatear Do I spy elf ears on your Emma? OMG, if WD ever offers an elf version again, I need to buy her! Love her wig.

15. @Wheatear Thank you very much! Your Emma is also very lovely~ I am always tempted by Elf Emma's when I see them go up for sale. ;A; Those ears man, gorgeous!

@vermont chick She in in the Real UV skin tone. I love how soft and gentle it is. Just a nice sun kissed without being orange like a lot of other tan dolls. <3 (I mean, she does have a red tone to her, but not ORANGE. Looks like a real person who goes outside often.)

@Yenna Might I bother you for the head measurements of your Taren? I know WD says they are 18.5cm, but that I think is the original first head sizes, which were much bigger than the current ones.

My Mai is 17.5cm, Aiden is 17cm and so is Emma and Rosa. So I am just curious were Taren ranks. XD (I am debating getting a Taren, but am nervous because he is an older sculpt his head may be a bit bigger, so not as proportional with our other heads.) Thank you!

#56 AjiAji, May 8, 2016
      Last edited: May 8, 2016
    16. Indeed, those are the measurements for the first boy heads. I can't measure him right now, but he's not technically an older head. He's the first one in the shift to the smaller size and wears a 6-7" wig like the rest of the new boy heads. I'm pretty sure it's in the 17cm side. In comparisons to girl heads, his head is slightly bigger than most of them, but his face is actually smaller than some (for example Priscilla). There's some comparisons here.

By the way, I really like how different your Emma is from most. :3

17. @vermont chick, thank you! Yes, she is Elf Hunter version of Emma. I really hope that they would offer those elf girls again. I have been dreaming of buying an elf Ruby as a friend for her. ^^

@AjiAji, thank you! Emma is just amazing sculpt. I love those ears too.

18. @Yenna Thank you very much! I would definitely say that he is probably a 17cm too. Their "smaller boys" and "larger girls" seem to be pretty consistently 17cm from the ones we have. Your comparisons also really help.

@Wheatear When we first got her, the doll she had been meant for did not work (we first got Emma in a white skin for the same character, Yuki, but decided a darker tone would work better.). But we both agreed, my fiance and I, that there would be no way we could get rid of that sculpt. XD So now we have two Emma's, the White skin and the real skin. Both are equally gorgeous and I am very happy with the sculpt.

19. -stumbles in because I always sit in Waiting Rooms and then forget to actually go into the Discussion Rooms after I actually get me dolls-

Hello, I am AjiAji's fiance XD

I am currently in the middle of restringing and hot glue sueding my WS Emma, and my BTUV Egon is currently in borrowed clothes and it has been too wet from rain to go outside and get any good shots of him. So I guess I will just post a pic of my RUV Emma, Yuki, whom I see Aji has already introduced you all to XD

[​IMG]