1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. Oh, thank goodness! It didn't make a lot of sense to show a brand new sculpt on the old body, but you never know.

Welcome @neon_jellyfish! Elf Hunter Emma is a good choice. I was attracted to WithDoll several years before I bought one of their dolls. Now I can't stop.:lol:

2. Welcome to the hobby!!!!:chibi So exciting! I ordered Elf Hunter Ruby in Gray Skin....! Yes I panicked and had to double check my order that I did infact order Ruby and not Emma.

3. Thank you @vermont chick!

And thank you @Rhiannona! Yay for another gray elf!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get another BJD this year, as I need money for other important things (this real life thing just won't stop getting in the way of my hobby, grrrrr), but I have to say I love Olivia! She's definitely on my wishlist. Can't wait to see owner pics...

4. Is anyone else having any delays with the Withdoll ordering process? I placed an order on 5/14 and still haven't received a confirmation email; no sign of the transaction on my paypal either. Last time I ordered from them, I had a really smooth experience, and I really want another of their dolls! I sent in a message using the "1:1 care center" yesterday, so hopefully they get back to me soon ...

5. @lavalunar - PayPal usually confirms immediately, so you might want to check with them. Some companies automatically send you to PayPal to finish the transaction. I don't remember if WithDoll does it this way, but when I ordered Olivia I had to go to PayPal myself. WD didn't provide a link.

6. @lavalunar - My transaction went through immediately, WD even redirected me to PayPal, and I got the confirmation mail within minutes, that was last Friday.

7. Ergh I can't decide. Grey, Brown Tan or Rosy Brown. The latter I've heard is hard to photograph. I'm kinda battling whether I want her to have a more natural skintone also or a fantasy one. I did have a Grey skin Eliza once and it was a lovely colour... I'll be looking at photos forever trying to decide.

8. @vermont chick & @neon_jellyfish // Thank you for the feedback guys! And hmm, well that's perplexing... Last time I ordered, I think it was also processed immediately. The paypal receipt I have in my email was sent the same day that I placed the order. But this time, when I check my order status on the WD site, it just says "Incomplete/pending Credit Card"... ;;

I guess I'll give them one more day to respond to me, then I'll cancel my order and try again. I want to make sure the order goes through before the 10% event ends!

9. My Frost Archer Owen arrived Saturday--much to my surprise as I hadn't been checking WD for status updates. I painted him yesterday--still not sure I like my faceup--and will tackle brushing the bow and arrows today. Then I'll take photos.

10. @vermont chick Congrats! Can't wait to see your boy!

I'm kind of nervous about doing the face-up (never done anything like that before), but at the same time, I'm pretty excited!

11. Okay I've decided on skintone, and now I need to decide C or D bust! :doh

12. [​IMG]
      quick shot
      by albino raven child, on Flickr

Quick phone shot because I was just messing around.

Decided to play around with my Withdoll Elf Egon girl I thought I was going to sell. Revamped her character a bit and am going to be keeping her.

Also found out about the 5 Surprise Mini Brands blind boxes (blind balls? Lol) a few days ago and was super excited to find them at our local Walmart. Wanted to show how great the scale is for msd bjds. I am in love with them tbh. They are a much nicer quality than I had expected.

I will definitely be getting more when I can. Unfortunately when we went back for another last night we discovered someone had come through and opened all the other ones and stolen the contents. They're pretty popular across most doll communities right now so scalpers doing crazy crap like this.

13. Here is Frost Archer Owen. I had forgotten that his bow is clear resin to look like ice so there was no painting needed. I just lightly brushed PearlEx powders on the feathers of his arrows. To be honest, I wouldn't have bought this doll by himself. He has a child's face and looks sad. I bought him for the outfit, although I didn't get the shoe-feet and so I can't use the cool leather-look boot tops at the moment. (Still looking for shoes I can use with them.) I also didn't like their face-up--too many creases on the eyelids--which is why I did my own. It's not the greatest but it will do.
      [​IMG]

@Alaia - I'm glad you're keeping your Elf Egon girl. I also like the Mini Brands products--it's nice to see recognizable products with English language labels for a change.

14. @vermont chick

I totally feel you on the baby face part. It seems like most of Withdoll's new sculpts have been super baby faced recently, which is pretty disappointing to me :pout: Withdoll started me out on Mature Minis and seeing them getting more and more baby faced like nearly all the other msd lines out there is just sad.

Even Egon came in much more baby faced than I anticipated, which is why I have struggled with the sculpt. I got a elf Emma in the same skin tone and swapped their bodies so that my Egon is a female now, which helps a lot with the large eyes and pouty lips. I tried to make them paternal twins though which wasnt a good idea, because Emma is my fav Withdoll sculpt and I just kept comparing the two too much as twins and feeling Egon wasn't measuring up. Which wasn't really fair. I am hopeful I can bond better with her now that they are not related.

15. @Alaia - Every time I look at my Egon I think he should be a girl, too, but it hadn't occurred to me to switch heads with my Emma, who I think is the same color. The problem for me is that my Emma is human, so I would no longer have an elf boy.

I'm hoping baby faces in MSDs are a cyclic trend that will eventually reverse itself. Painting Owen and seeing him emerge younger than I imagined made me wonder what I was doing wrong. Maybe it's the sculpt. That could be why WD's face-up has so many eye-crease lines. They might have been trying to age him a bit. I'm going to switch eyes to ones with a small iris and see if that helps. If not, I may rethink my face-up.

16. I'm tempted to get an Olivia girl. Can't decide on whether I should go for the company faceup or blank. What do you guys think about the quality of the company faceups?

Also, what movement does the hip joint on the new body add?

17. The quality is good. The real question is whether you like the faceup or not. To me the Olivia faceup is prettier than their usual, so getting it was a no-brainer. I had the opposite reaction to Frost Archer Owen, so I ordered him blank.

As for the hip joint, no one can answer that yet because the new body was just released. No one has it yet. The butt flaps remind me of the Iplehouse JID girl body. I no longer have one, but as I recall I wasn't a huge fan. Extra joints in that area of the body tend to get caught in clothing.

18. I ordered a body for my vampire Rachel finally, although I was actually saving up for another doll. I would've loved to switch her to a different skintone, but unfortunately Withdoll has completely retired the head sculpt, so that's no longer an option.

I'm hoping that it'll help accomplish this pose without the thigh joint that adds an unnecessary bend to the leg and is near impossible to use with pants on. But Withdoll isn't using it fully in their promo photos, so I'm a bit afraid that it doesn't turn as much as on the boy body (I hope it does). It also helps with the leg posing as they're strung together from foot to foot instead of neck to toe. Dolls with that kind of stringing usually lack friction in the hip area and that joint adds it back, making the doll easier to sit without falling back.

19. Thanks! I also thought her faceup was beautiful. I think I might go for it!

I can't wait to see what it actually does!

Does anyone have photos accurately showcasing the brown tan and rosy brown skin tones?

#619 echotexture, May 29, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
    20. They both change in different lighting, especially the Rosy Brown. I have a lot of comparison photos between their colours, Withdoll is using some of them on their site here. And you can look for more in our tumblr blog

I have more experience with rosy brown as I have it, and it's a very dark grey with a purple tint. It can look grey or purplish depending on the light. Mine has yellowed partially (her head and chest are newer than the rest of the body) to a stronger grey color by now. The photo of the boy body I linked to you earlier was rosy brown as well, and my Delmia is also rosy brown. You can see photos of her in my blog. It's really hard to accurately photograph, because like I said: it changes in different lighting. But it's definitely a fantasy color.