1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. I don't know if it helps, but this is my Juwel (well, one of them) in Rosy Brown. This is taken outside, with natural light, and it's as close to the real thing as I can get - at least on my monitor. It may be totally different on yours...

[​IMG]

2. Please pardon my newb-ness, but how exactly ordering these colors works? I noticed they were only available with the limited sculpts this time. Does WITHdoll offer them only as a part of events, or is it the seasonal thing when they can't cast them during monsoons, or something entirely else?

#622 neon_jellyfish, May 30, 2019
      Last edited: May 31, 2019
    3. Placed an order for Elf Emma :shudder there goes my resolve not to get any doll for this year :doh
      She'll be my first elf (not counting pukifee). Emma is quite popular, from what I gathered, but it's either her, Ruby or Angela
      Went for normal skin so my other msd heads can share this body too, hopefully skin tone not too overly different.
      the new body is something that I've been waiting for a long time, I like the aesthetic of it, hope it does live up to my expectation

@neon_jellyfish well I'm a Withdoll newb too, so I could be wrong, but some colors look like offered at limited time only (ie. the mint green).

4. @marxwyn thanks! And congrats on Elf Emma! She stole my heart :whee:

5. Does anyone already have a girl with the new body?

I found my grail doll today on withdoll their website, but I would like to hear first what others can say about the new body.

For me the posing ability is a really important point at buying a new doll. Especially when it costs $300 nude.

6. I'll take photos once my girl arrives, but she's going to be my first BJD, so my judgement on poseability is not really something to go by.

7. Olivia (with the new body) has arrived at my local postal distribution center. I expect delivery tomorrow. I'll share photos.

#628 vermont chick, Jul 28, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    8. Oh, they're shipping already? I went to check my order status and sure enough, mine is on shipping too. It would've probably been in the country already had it gotten on a straight flight as usual, but unfortunately there's a transfer in Europe, so it'll take a little longer to get to the country. But hopefully early this week, because I need to pay her out of customs.
      I'll be making a review and comparisons with the old body. :3
      Edit/ Yay, it arrived in the country. I should get it on Wednesday unless they get slow in the customs/post office. :3

#629 Yenna, Jul 29, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    9. I checked and sure enough, my Emma is stuck at customs since friday! Too bad I can't go there until they officially notify me...

10. Olivia is here. (Sorry if I said Julia earlier, my subconscious must have been thinking of a recently received RaccoonDoll Julia.) The sculpt is lovely. Overall I like the look of the new body, although I miss the hand magnets and I'm disappointed that I can't change her feet to let her wear the white resin high heels. I tried and tried but just couldn't remove the flat feet--the tiny s-hook defeated me at every turn. I'll leave the in-depth body comparisons to @Yenna. Here's a photo for now.
      [​IMG]

11. I've received my Cathy two weeks ago, it was much more faster than I've expected) Another surprise was that resin looks a bit yellow though I've picked normal. It is not a big deal, I will correct it while doing her faceup.
      I don't like new body at all. Hands and chest are thick, not elegant IMHO. I will be selling it when I'll back from summer trip and when I will learn more about how to use paypal

12. That's because they recently changed the normal skin to a sligthly more yellow tone. It was announced in the news notices.

I got my body today, although very late due to the postal service being lazy. I had to go to town afterwards and then only had very little light and time to take these photos, so I'm still missing some boob comparisons and other stuff. But I'll get to those when I get back home on Saturday. I also have to probably re-do or at least darken her face up since it's faded a bit -as has her resin tone. Luckily it's not as noticeable in photos as it is in person.

[​IMG]
      The review+comparison is up in my blog. Click the photo ^
      (Sorry, I'm too tired to proof read it for now, so there might be typos.)

13. @Yenna - Great comparison! A few typos but nothing major. I didn't even think to try pulling the thigh joint to extend her posability. Unfortunately a lot of those interesting poses won't be possible in some clothing--the white Capri pants, in particular, are so snug that most movement is curtailed. I'm pretty sure she won't be able to sit in them. If it weren't for a bit of stretch in the fabric, I wouldn't have been able to fasten the snap in front.

14. Thank you so much for this, it was beautifully done and very helpful. Some of those poses look so elegant!

15. @Yenna thanks so much for the detailed review

16. Squeeee! I picked up my Emma today, and I'm so in love with her! The resin feels and smells so good! Posing her is such pleasure!

I promised photos, but as for body review, Yenna's is excellent and I couldn't do as good job as her (plus I my body is same as hers, grey with C bust) so I'll post photos once my girl is complete. Which will take a while. I still didn't buy face-up supplies... She came in earlier than I expected.

17. My elf Egon is back together again. Still need to glue in some lashes, but that is always so annoying for me I always put it off 5ever.

[​IMG]

I feel like I am bonding to her in this new character a lot more. Still in need of a name though.

18. Well, that's true for any body. Even I can't sit or pose if my pants are way too tight. But I've noticed that the hip joints work even in decently tight pants. The thighs, however, are a no go.

You're welcome. ^^

Congrats. :3 My girl will actually be using the D bust, but I used C for the review just for comparison purposes.

I added a few bust comparison photos to the end of the review post.

And did a comparison post with other minis as well, repeating some of the poses from the review:
      [​IMG]

I didn't pose her that much while I was doing the review and only noticed two annoyances today: her arms not only can't go straight up but they also can't be placed naturally a bit towards the back to rest against her sides. There's too much resin at the back of the shoulder joint too and under the arms (there's that same dip as in the old body at the side, but it's in a different spot and not as deep as the old body). And her legs can't be put together properly due to the extra resin at her crotch. ^^; I'll probably try to mod the bust piece to at least improve the arm movement. I don't want her to always keep her arms completely straight and towards the front. Probably can't do much about the crotch, though.

19. Owen and Olivia discovered a mutual attraction. Owen wanted to kiss her hand on bended knee. Thanks to his super tight pants this is as far as he got. Oh well, I bought the fullset for the coat and weapons; the pants can be replaced. Olivia's dress is part of a Victorian set from Dollmore for MSD. It doesn't feel particularly Victorian to me, more like a mash-up of different period styles. The set includes a fern green cloak that may be claimed by an elf. What I do like is how the coral dress suits Olivia's coloring.
      [​IMG]