1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. So it turns out "Parcel Farce" messed up, and said that I hadn't paid the customs. Even though they second I rung them, it was on their account that I had. They're always frustrating to deal with too...

So because of this they won't be delivering her today... So hopefully they won't screw up and I'll be getting her tomorrow.

If they hadn't moved the depot so far out of the city centre, I'd pick her up myself like many times before!

Sorry for the little rant, I'm just really disappointed, because they mess up a lot.

2. @ajmailey @karla-chan @neon_jellyfish Thank you so much! I'm super happy with him, and also glad I decided to get him with the company face up, it really suits the character I have planned! Can't wait to see everyone else's new arrivals too!
      [​IMG]

3. It's really nice the face up is good for your character. At least your doll is all nice and complete and you don't have to wait any longer.

4. He's lovely, @Magnus Vale. I'm kicking myself for not ordering him. I didn't like the scowling face in his main photo, so I never looked closely at the sales page and didn't see that there was a different face available. Oh well, next time he's offered. Right?

Congrats to the other arrivals and shipping notices, too. Can't wait to see photos.

5. @karla-chan I love getting custom face ups too, but the faceup in the promo pics looked so nice! I did spend a ton of time stalking owner pics of him to make sure that the face up was as nice in person before I made the plunge, though. I've gotten bitten enough times by pretty promo pics that don't match up to the real thing that I'm super careful now.

@vermont chick Yeah, the scowling face was a bit too harsh for what I wanted, so I got his normal face! If you include the normal ears options, he actually has four different potential heads, which is kinda fun. Hopefully he'll be offered again soon!

6. There's pro's and con's of each type. If the company one is just what you want, then that's great! And personally I think that's actually overall less stressful.

Honestly your new boy looks really great. And if he looks like your character and you're happy, that is all that matters.

7. Hey everyone - when do Withdoll usually run events? I really want to buy a JWD elf head (no sculpt pref) for the Doll Chateau body I just received.... my Ruby head fits exactly the aesthetic I want! I think a head will be hard to find, so might try and snag a doll in the next event.

8. A good bet is when they release a new doll, I've often seen them run then.

9. Yeah, that looks really awesome. I really hope they have an event soon for you!

10. Another month down and I'm still waiting for my body :/ All total, five and a half months since placing my initial order. This is killer! Luckily all of you fine people have lovely dolls and I can live vicariously through your photos :D

11. Oh gosh, I'm really sorry you have had to have such a long wait!

12. Oof @Sephora , that's awful! I was surprised when my boy came so fast, is there any reason they're making you wait so long?

In news from the Vale household, I figured out a more casual outfit for Marlowe!
      [​IMG]

13. Oh he looks great, he's such a cutie. I really like him a lot.

My girl is currently getting her hair and makeup done! He face up is pretty much done, and her wig is currently being made.

Both are being done at a friends of mine. So hopefully I will be able to show her off soon.

14. @Magnus Vale I’m really not sure. It seems very strange to me :/ I went through BJDivas, just to see what the service was like, but it hasn’t been a smooth process so far.

15. @Sephora - I don't think I've ever had to wait longer than two months for a Withdoll. If you had ordered direct from the company you could check your order status online and contact WD's customer service to see what's holding it up. When you use an intermediary like a store or a dealer, you have to wait for them to do the checking, which takes longer. It might depend on something else you ordered with the doll, like an outfit, wig, shoes, weapons, etc. Or it could be a problem with someone else's order that is holding up all the orders going to the same dealer. I hope BJDivas comes through for you soon.

16. When ordering from a dealer, companies like to bundle ship to save money, so that's definitely a factor to consider. It definitely also introduces another variable, as depending on the company it might mean more possible errors. For instance, I've never had issues ordering through a dealer for Dollshe, ironic as that is with their super long wait times, but for shorter wait time companies I've had anything from one thing missing to a whole order being wrong. But the upside to going through a dealer is that they'll follow up with all of that for you. Pluses and minuses I guess, hope your stuff comes soon.

17. So I have two withdolls on the new girl body - a Kiara and Priscilla.

Today I tried to actually put their other hands on and it was really annoying... I hope they reconsider the design and bring magnet hands back.

#759 Epona, Feb 24, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    18. I really wish my new girl had magnet hands. I am having a lot of trouble dressing her, because her chest is that bit bigger than Minifee, and the no magnet hands is also causing some issues. It seems like a weird choice when they brought out some really nice new hands.