1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. @Wheatear, what a beautiful girl! :D

Is anyone else tempted by the Egon re-release? I would love an Egon, but I just bought two dolls and can't afford him. Hopefully he starts showing up on the MP soon. *crosses fingers*

2. @NekoNyanMew
      We already have an Egon, but I am so tempted for another because his sculpt is so awesome! <3

3. I ordered Egon. Unless I'm mistaken, mine is still the only one from the re-release listed in the Waiting Room. I'm about to start sewing for him, even though he won't appear for a few months yet.

4. @vermont chick Oooh~! Congratulations! What type of skin tone did you get yours in?

5. @AjiAji she is so beautiful!
      Did you sand the inner part of the eyewells?

@Wheatear what a gorgeous girl!! Love the corset and necklace she has!

@Alia hi there! Belated welcome to the thread :D
      You girl is gorgeous, can't wait to see the rest of the crew!

@vermont chick congrats!!!! Nice to read you were able to grab him! :D

6. @Musume

@Alaia did some gentle carving with an exact-o knife. ouo We found out when we got our White skinned Emma that larger domed eyes just would not fit, but the perfect orange-y eyes we have in her were just too perfect, so we fixed her wells. I think it works a lot better too, so the eye sits just perfect now.

7. @NekoNyanMew
      I have a brown tan uv Egon from the first release and I was actually pondering last night at work on if he needed a twin XD Probably will not, though it would be gorgeous.

@Musume
      Thank you!

And as for the carving of Emma's eye wells, like Aji said I just used an exacto knife to shave off a little bit around the eye wells until the glass eyes we had would fit. I did not do any sanding after because it was still fairly smooth after I was finished.

12mm acrylics withdoll sent as default eyes worked just great because they have some give to them and so could squeeze into the eye well perfectly. But since glass has no give at all I had to make a little bit of room so that they could reach the eye holes better. I had to do the same thing with my other Emma and with @AjiAji 's Aiden but it is a really quick and easy thing to do, so it wasn't a bother. ^^

8. @AjiAji, another Egon would be awesome! Can I enable you and tell you to buy one? :whee:

@vermont chick, I hope you're not the only one who's ordered him. Not gonna lie, though, I definitely want to join you in the waiting room.

@Alaia, you should post pics of your Egon! I'd love to get him in one of their darker skin tones.

9. @NekoNyanMew
      I have been wanting to get a quick shot of him at lease outside in the yard or something but it keeps raining here. I will try to get something of him soon though owo

10. @AjiAji Thanks! I debated getting him in white but finally ordered him in normal skin.

@Musume Thank you! I ordered him soon after some helpful person left a comment on my blog that he was available.;)

@NekoNyanMew I won't be the only one if you join me there!

11. You just reminded me I forgot to add mine to the list. I'm getting one as well. :) I don't have a WD boy yet so I can't start sewing for mine yet. He'll be in form fitting clothes so I need to have him here. Though now that I think about it, I did get a couple of those basic long sleeved shirts from WD so i can use those as a pattern for his tops. I'll have to try that out sometime. Might be awhile before I get to that though!

12. @NekoNyanMew I think Alaia is trying to enable me already. XD He probably will not happen in the end, though. Too many other dollie plans that require my wallet more. lol

@vermont chick You know, we have a lot of their skin tones but not the normal skin. XD It is so lovely, I cannot wait to see what you plan~

13. @LuckyXIII
      What skin tone are you ordering your Egon in?

14. I got him in rose white. I want to see it in person. Though he's going to be dyed dark grey/black. I'm hoping the rosy color will give him a warmer color when dyed.

15. @AjiAji @Alaia Thanks for the info! How did the resin turn out? Is it too thin/transparent, or is it OK? I'm really curious about this mod.

@vermont chick Oops!! I may have officially graduated myself into an enabler xD

@LuckyXIII Then congrats!!! :D
      Rose white is such a lovely skin!

16. @Musume
      It is a bit... milky? The transparency is not too bad, a lot better than I thought it was and glad too. There is a noticeable different from my Brown Tan non UV boy, but definitely not bad.

17. @AjiAji I see, I was curious! Thank you for the info :D

18. I'm sorry for the double posting, but I wanted to share this photo of Coco :3
      I really like how this dress turned out!

[​IMG]
      Coco&#x27;s 3rd Bday
      by Musume Desu, on Flickr

19. Does anyone have photos of withdoll Ruby in real skin UV?

20. Hi everybody! I'm new in this thread and I chimed in after I've started a layaway for a Withdoll Priscilla in grey skin.
      I've always wanted a doll in that lovely color and I was so lucky that someone in my local community is selling her second hand :love
      She's going to be my first "bigger" resin girl and I'm already so excited to get her - there's also a newly placed Mako eyes order for her :lol: