1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. I just put an order for a Cathy ☺️ Can't wait till it gets here.

2. Oh no! Withdoll has rereleased Elf Knight Ian, it's aneElf, with armour, in MSD size. It's like Withdoll knows how to hit up all my weaknesses. :XD: Actually i've been eyeballing him for years and now i've got the extra excuse that my Yuma needs a hot elf warrior bf :wiggle Ah, I guess i'll have to see how my finances go this month, if I get some good sales it might be doable...

3. Well, phooey! I was hoping they would rerelease Elf Knight Ian. Why do they have to do it after I've spent my doll funds? Are you getting the clothing and armour too, @Epicari? Or is it too soon to tell?

4. Does anyone know. Is there a way to order just heads? How often do they discontinue the basic dolls?

5. I didn't realise there was a discussion haha! I have a secondhand Dark Elf Angela with damage that's my project doll. I fell in love with her but I'm not confident enough for repairs and mods yet so she's patiently waiting.

6. They don't offer just heads for sale anymore, but as far as I am aware, they don't really discontinue basic dolls?

7. I know, it's a super awkward time for me as I've used a good chunk of my doll money recently too. The clothes & armour are the main thing i'm interested in but they add a huge chunk of money to the cost as the pricing is a bit on the steep side for them. But on the other hand, it can be nice to get a doll with things like face up and clothing already done so it's cuts down the amount of work needed to get a doll complete. I just wish he came with a more sensible sword like the elf knight Egon has. While I do enjoy a well designed fantasy sword, Ian's one is getting a little bit silly :XD:
      What about you, were you interested in the all the extras or just the basic doll?

8. I just checked out the rerelease and I noticed the magnetic hands! Ugh so tempted.

9. @Epicari - I'm most interested in the basic doll, although I would have sprung for the faceup and clothing, too. Unfortunately I made a big purchase elsewhere at the beginning of the month and there's no way I can let myself buy Ian. The sword looks like a cross between an executioner's axe and a cricket bat. I can't think of any story line where I'd need one of those. I'm not a fan of resin shoes that replace feet, either, because I can never attach them. I'm still waiting for Elf Ruby's elastic to loosen enough so that I can try the resin boots again.

10. Elf Ian really is a pretty boy! He pretty much hit all of my weaknesses too, I love elf boys. Here's a recent pic of my boy hanging out on the couch, unfortunately you can't really see his pretty ears in this one!
      [​IMG]

11. Very pretty Ian, @Magnus Vale. You're making it hard for me to stick to my guns and not buy him. He's so much prettier than Frost Archer Owen, whom I bought primarily because I liked the costume. Maybe if I had opted for the faceup instead of doing my own I'd like him better. Maybe I'll order Ian after all...

12. Ian is a really nice sculpt, but his face just looks a tad bit too babyfaced for me, I think. If Withdoll released an Elf Aiden or Kyle though, I think I'd be in trouble, lol. The new elf girl, Forest Elf Lia, is gorgeous though - when I saw her, I was really hoping she was a JWD! She's not though, so my money is safe... Which is good because I am going to be doing a big fairyland order this month lol. I hope Withdoll will re-release elf Emma again in some form, though.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting her in brown tan (or real-uv on the old body) earlier during the new body release. I hope I'll be able to get her in honey brown sometime, it looks like a gorgeous resin color. I'm so bummed that it seems real-uv has been seemingly been discontinued though. :pout: If it was still around, I'd probably get a Ruby again and get her in it. The new normal skin resin is just too yellow-based for me, it doesn't seem to have a balancing color in it at all so it looks a bit off to me personally.

Withdoll told me they plan on releasing Kiara as a basic doll though, so maybe that'll happen around the fall event if they do anything special with her? If it does, that'll be easier on my pockets for sure lol.

13. If they did this I would order him definitely. I was looking at Aiden, I really like the sculpt but the body not so much. How often do they make elf versions of basic sculpts? I might have to make an account and ask them about making an Elf Aiden, haha.

14. Well at least the good thing about Withdoll is they do re-releases so there's a chance to pick up dolls later down the line. I wish more companies did that as one off short timed releases can be very difficult to budget for, even with layaways.

Yeah, shoes feet can be a hassle if you need to take them off to put trousers on. I bought one of the Luts SD sized knights and as much as I love him, it's a nightmare to get the armour feet on or off without scratching up the paintwork. I've picked up a can of clear furniture varnish that i'm hoping a few coats will help with that issue.

It's really great seeing your boy in the this thread. I have at admit I hesitated on elf knight Ian last release due to the fact that I've found I just don't get on with doll that aren't smiling/ happy looking. But seeing how sweet your guy can look is encouraging.
      Is your Marlowe in the cream white resin?

And just for funsies, I was playing around with the promo pics to try out some different eye and wig colours and to my surprise, the sculpt & face up works really well with a pink wig! :XD:
      [​IMG]

15. They just... did it sometimes I think? I wasn't in the hobby when elf emma & ruby originally came out, so I can't say for sure if they debuted at the same time as the human sculpts or not, for example. I asked about Kiara eventually becoming a basic sculpt (and maybe about a elf Kiara) and they seemed open to the idea, though, and they did confirm for me that Kiara will eventually come out as basic at some point in 2020, so they're probably designing the clothing options and faceups she'll come with. Maybe they'll do a Ruby option with her, and you could get the human or alternative head (rooting for elf lol) with her.

And if you wanna suggest an elf Aiden, I could always do the same lol! I'd love more mature elf boys; I wish elf Fenrir was still offered lol. I think Fenrir was a true limited edition, unlike a lot of their "limited editions" which is probably best aptly described as a "special edition" due to re-releases? I like the idea of Ash and Egon as elves, but I feel like I'd prefer them as elf girls because of the softer faces... which always seems to be my problem - I never get around to getting boys :sweat

16. @Epicari Yup, he's in the Cream White resin! And you're right, the pink does look good! My boy ended up with his current wig since it was the only one of two that fit well and looked good, then I realized he'd be perfect for a character with the same style, so it all worked out well in the end.

Oooh, the thought of more elf versions of basic sculpts makes me happy. I love elf boys. XD

17. @Epona - I just made an account and asked them about it on their Q and A, haha.

@Magnus Vale - Maybe you could ask them about more elf versions too if you want, haha.

18. I can’t wait to get a grey elf Emma to reshell my Andromeda.

[​IMG]

19. Thanks for the confirmation. It's really cool seeing owner pics of the company face up, though I wonder if it might look a little aple on thier normal skin colour (unless they darken it to compensate). I'm glad you found a wig that works, it seems Wtihdoll MSDs have pretty small noggins. Does he take a 6-7' wig instead of the usual 7-8' MSD size?

Yes, it would be cool if they had elf versions of all their sculpts, they have quite a few sculpts that would make for some pretty elves!