1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. Been playing with Runa a bit these days. Thought I'd share a pic or two. C:

[​IMG]
      and another

2. My Cathy just came in today :cheer

[​IMG]

3. @St. Reinhardt - I love her!:love WithDoll's photos of her never did anything for me, but your Cathy is absolutely lovely. Congrats on her arrival.

4. Wow, what a lovely girl :D She looks very beautiful. I was eyeing with her for some time, but never bought her lol anyway I love to see nice owner pics of her :lol:

5. Just realised that I haven't post at this thread xD
      She's arrived on 2018 Dec:) Still my favourite sculpt
      Gonna buy a new body(Akagi msd body) for her bcs JWD old body wasn't a good poser[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6. Lovely girl:love I'm so happy to see another Cathy:XD:

7. @Kim_shyuen - What a darling girl. Is she also a Cathy? Her faceup is amazing.:D

8. It's so lovely to see pictures of people's dolls. I don't see enough pictures of WD dolls out in the wild.

9. I finally finished a crocheted gingham dress for Olivia. It's my first experience with gingham and it took forever, but I'm very pleased with the result. I modified a blanket pattern to make the skirt.
      [​IMG]

10. Hi! I just saw that they re-released Elf Knight Egon. He’s really gorgeous, I’m tempted... I see that you can get his head with a girl body, too. Does anybody have pictures of that, by any chance? He looks pretty androgynous so I’d imagine he’d look good as a girl, too.

11. The new boy, Theo, is very tempting, too. I'm always attracted to male sculpts, but when it comes to dressing them they each end up with only one outfit because I thoroughly dislike sewing men's clothes.

12. Does anyone have photos of a JWD boy with either a Souldoll Kid boy or an Iplehouse JID girl? I’m sorely tempted by Theo but I’m not sure how he’d look with the rest of my crew.

13. Not sure if this will help but: Withdoll vs Souldoll males (mini sizes) – Blogged Dimensions

I have a JID Isar head on a relatively JID sized (slightly taller but samey dimensions) body I could photograph with him too. JID girls definitely have bigger faces than new JWD boys though.

14. Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate pics with your JID too! I know their heads are larger so I just wanna gauge how the difference looks.

15. It's not that the Iple heads are that much bigger themselves but the face is big. Sorry, my Isar doesn't have eyes cause her new head is wearing them and I was lazy:
      [​IMG]

More behind the tags:
      [​IMG]
      Without wigs. The head is somewhat larger but they do wear the same size wigs so the biggest difference is the size of the face.

And just for reference, this is a Souldoll Vito Kate head that I switched her to mostly because the JID face is so big:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
      But Souldoll heads vary hugely in size and scale of the face. I do think the first Vitos at least had smaller heads than many soulkids but there are some giants among those now too. :'D Withdolls have been fairly uniform in size since they made the new body. The older heads for the older body are big, however. I have some comparisons in our WD blog

16. @Yenna: Thanks again, your blog was an awesome resource while I did my research. I just placed my order for Theo! :dance

17. Just submitted my order with bjdivas for Theo in real resin. ^_^
      It's too bad he was a limited release, though - I was making plans to get Emma in real and then Theo came out... LOL. So Emma will have to be put on the back burner, but I think that should be fine. I was considering on getting Egon on the girl body in real too, but I think Egon can wait.... thankfully he's had multiple rereleases, so I think I should be fine. I am glad real is back, even if it's a slightly different color from the looks of it (?)... Real is probably one of my favorite resin colors Withdoll offers, alongside grey, brown tan, and rosy brown so I am really happy, especially since I am not a fan of the new normal ^^;

18. I swear they're doing that to tempt me; if they keep rereleasing them, either Ash or Egon's going to end up in my collection

19. Theo is extremely tempting. He looks like the perfect sculpt to turn into a K-Pop boy band member. I'm so picky though, I really wish i could see one in person before taking the plunge. Side question, has anyone successfully put jointed hands on their Withdoll?

20. It turns out with one thing and another i've ended up with various bits in the main Withdoll colours-
      [​IMG]
      The small doll on top is 'white'.
      The larger top doll is 'light rose white'.
      The bottom girl body is 'rose pink' (the body is a bit older so has lost a little of it's pinkness, the hands in the elbow are more recent showing more of the pinkness).
      The bottom boy body is 'cream white'
      The tiny hands are the new 'normal'