1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. How about Jace in a nice set made by a local seamstress?
      [​IMG]

2. Very cute and adorable! Dapper is the right word :D

3. Happy Holiday and Happy Spring to everyone :D

4. Happy holidays. Sorry i dont have holiday dolly pic. hopefully this will be fixed by next holiday :kitty2

5. I was wondering if anyone with a Brown Tan, Honey Brown, or Real UV Withdoll and a Fairyland Tan doll could tell me which one is closest to FL Tan (Or more unlikely, Unoa Paradise Tan)? I was going to get Real UV but it shows up so drastically different in photos- from perfect to way too pale- and it's driving me bonkers. (It doesn't help that WD tends to blow out their real UV in photos...) Thank you in advance if anyone knows!

6. I hope that in a couple of months my RS body will be here and I do have a 2018 tan FL doll but I can't compare until the WD arrives :( , sorry @Beedalee

7. When my real Theo arrives (hopefully in the next month or so, I am waiting for him to arrive to Bjdivas), I can compare it to Unoa Paradise and Minifee tan :)
      I've heard that unoa paradise and minifee tan are pretty different colors but in my experience, they are very, very similar - I don't know if it's a batch thing or not though, but my unoa paradise plates are from 2018 I believe and my minifee body I got in-stock from DDE from a tan Rendia... so I assume it was from the tan discontinuation event. Like, it's not an exact match and would need some blushing but they're way closer than the stark differences I've seen in other company tans.

Sadly I don't have any withdoll brown tan anymore (I am hoping to eventually get an emma elf in it, unless I decide to go for real), but withdoll changed their resin compositions so unless you're working with an older doll, any resin comparison will likely be out of date/inaccurate.

8. @IngieBee That's totally okay, I am not in a hurry!! Thank you for helping at all, I will graciously take anything I can get anytime.

@Epona I absolutely don't mind waiting, I am starting early on this research (because if WD runs a random tan event this year I'll go into a panic because I'm unprepared. :sweat )

It would be AMAZING if you had a direct match to paradise!! I typically ask for FL Tan because that is the most popular (if not the only documented) 85-90% match hybrid for Paradise Unoas. And I agree!! I also have both FL/Paradise tan from different past years but it's so much more workable than the more orange or olive-based tans of other companies, but I'm really not a fan of their limited mobility for the price. (And with the discontinuation I feel like they're gradually inflating in cost :()

I figured WD changed their tans recently too because DimensionDolls' blog post about all the shades over the years had my head spinning lmao-- I would love to see if I could hunt down a Honey Brown resin comparison too since that seems to be a recent addition, and I was aiming for the new jwd body if it works out. Got my work cut out for me... :XD:

9. Well, I'll certainly post as soon as I get them, unfortunately probably at least anotehr two monts, which is killing me, LOL

10. I have a Real UV boy from 2013, and a FL tan boy from 2017 (who is still blank because I am equal parts indecisive, craft-ADD, and tearing up my studio to move yet again *shakes fist*); they are absolutely not a match. Both because the color doesn't match up, and because Real UV is a translucent-style resin that won't match with FL's urethane resin regardless of colors.

Here's Jace (WD Kyle) with his AU counterpart Jaeson (FL El). Apologies for the somewhat lousy lighting, it's well after dark here, but their hands are true to color--Jace is definitely pinker and more translucent than Jaeson.

[​IMG]

11. Well, my body should be regular urethane, at least I sincerely hope so as otherwise , like @vicemage said, I'll never get my heads to match! The color I ordered was real and not real uv so I'm a little worried about my order now :doh

And I'm still itching for a shipping notification, though it hasn't even been 2 months yet! LOL

12. They're not making UV resins anymore, so you'll get regular urethane no matter what skin tone you order these days.

13. Oh, thank you @Yenna , I mean that's unfortunate, but it's good news for me :D

14. Does anyone own a John? I'm looking for owner's photos of him but haven't been able to find any :(

15. I don't havve a John @St. Reinhardt but I'll bump the thread for you :) also, check instagram as well as flickr if you haven't already??

16. I searched Flickr to no avail, which was why I asked :( though I managed to find just TWO Johns on Instagram :XD:

17. @St. Reinhardt , I know how that is, I don't always need photos to decide if I want to order, but while I'm waiting, it's like I NEED to see as many pictures as possible, like I have an insatiable apatite, LOL.

18. Withdoll just updated their site today with a basic version of Theo :love I'm waiting to order :XD:

19. is it sold out already?

20. I think he is just not fully up for sale yet, give it a few days :)

Also they have a new boy! His name is Jiho, and his promo model is casted in beige resin, a new color. It looks like it's peachier than normal and real, and maybe somewhere between the two in shade? It looks really nice, it looks different from the old normal (which I wish they would bring back is a 'normal pink' or 'peach pink' ....), but I wasn't a fan of their new normal, so it's nice to have more options.

[​IMG]
      :::::::::: WITHDOLL ::::::::::