1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 8

Apr 8, 2016

1. @vermont chick ohhh, that is a nice goal! Do share photos when you have him!!+

2. @sakana_hime
      Finally got the photos I did edited and up on my Flickr Comparison album.

Here is a naked lineup of all of my and my fiance's current Withdolls to link to my flickr. You should be able to scroll through from there. I did ones of Withdoll Female heads on Male bodies and then after that did ones of our Withdoll and Luts Model Delfs swapping heads.

[​IMG]Withdoll lineup by albino raven child, on Flickr

3. @Alaia - Those are great comparison photos! Thanks for putting them together.

4. @Alaia wow, those are really very useful comparisons!! Thank you so much for doing it! Do you have Model Delf heads? I would love to see them next to Withdoll heads.

5. @Alaia Thank you!!! <3 This is so, so helpful! The real uv looks a lot darker than I expected. Thank you for adding the MDF male body to the mix, too. I'm not sure if we had talked about it, but I was actually looking at it as a potential future hybrid because I was thinking that darkest tan color might be a good match for the brown tan uv. I know you said on the pictures that the male hybrid neck is ridiculously short, but it actually looks pretty good in the pictures at least. Is the MDF male body taller than the Withdoll body? It looks quite a bit bigger even though they're both 45 cm supposedly.

Thank you again! You made my night. :)

6. @vermont chick
      Thank you! Glad to help!

@Musume
      Thanks! It always drives me nuts not being able to find comparison photos so I wanted to try to be useful for other people looking for comparisons of dolls that I have ^^

We have an Avalanche and a Blanchet (well two technically since we have one on a MDF body and one on a KDF body) I will try to get some photos of the heads together soon ^^ The Model Delfs are smaller than the Withdoll heads.

@sakana_hime
      I really love the Real UV looks <3 It is such a lovely color. I have seen it look really light in some other people's photos, so I am not sure if it is a camera/lighting difference or if mine is a particularly dark batch. Either way I love mine <3

A lot of the difference with hybriding the two is that Withdoll makes their bodies with extra long necks and a deeper well on the bottom of the head so more neck sits in the head and makes it look normal. Where Luts has shorter more normal sized necks and shallower wells so there is not much neck in the head. So on a Withdoll body the shallow Luts head well shows how long the neck is, and on a Luts body the deeper Withdoll head well makes it sit lower and shorten the neck. If you didnt like the shortness of the Luts neck with the Withdoll head you could probably use hot glue sueding or once of those resin neck donuts to make the head well a bit shallower.

And honestly I cannot remember if they are the same height or not XD Our MDF boy is paired with our KDF Blanchet boy and they are both pretty new so we have not done much interactions with them and our Withdolls yet. I will get some shots of them standing together when I can ^^

7. I think the lighting really effects how Real UV looks. In the pictures I'm using for my icon and signature, I don't think anyone would call Jace "dark," but that's his resin color. But I've got other photos where he looks more like tan resin, due to the light.

8. HELLO! Aji is here to post my photos now due to requests. XD (Alaia wasn't feeling good today, so here I go.)

[​IMG]Withdoll Male/MDF Male by Alec, on Flickr

If I had to say, I would say that the Withdoll is a bit shorter than the MDF male. But really not by much. And really you cannot tell by looking straight at them. You have to see the head shot one to really tell.
      There are some girl ones with our female MDF and our Female Withdoll too in that album if anyone is interested. ^^ Female MDF's are about 43cm and of course the Withdoll female youths are 41cm.

Hope that helps everyone. ^^

9. @Alaia thank you!

@AjiAji thank you!! This is really useful! I personally think they look great, both the male and female MDF with the Withdoll. Thank you so much to both of you for posting this!

10. Not a problem at all. ^^ I hope to continue to be able to take comparisons in the future as our collection grows!

11. @Alaia Thank you for all of your information! I appreciate it so much. You're making this crazy business of trying to find sculpts for my characters so much easier. And thanks for the explanation of the hybrids. The idea of hybridizing makes my head spin, but what you said makes a lot of sense.

@AjiAji Thank you so much! That picture helps so much. It's exactly what I've been searching for. :aheartbea And that's good to know about the female MDFs. I do eventually want to try and get a taller body for my future Ruby elf, so Luts might be an option.

@vicemage Thank you for your input. I always thought the real uv was closer to your boy (who is lovely), so I was surprised to see that Alaia's looked so dark. I'm guessing it must have something to do with the translucency because I know my brown tan uv doll will photograph very differently depending on what kind of light I have him under.

12. @sakana_hime
      I am happy to help! ^^

As far as skin tones go I am not quite sure what would match the BTUV but soon Aji will have Luts' dark tan to compare it to. And there is always blushing the head to match the body.

And another thing with the difference between my RUV and @vicemage 's Jace is that Jace is from 2013 while my Emma is from 2015 and while I am pretty sure Withdoll is really good with consistent colors, it is possible that they could have been casted slightly different tones ovo

(I would be down to bring my girl and take a comparison shot of them in November if you go to Nebcon again this year vicemage XD Aji and I bumped into you momentarily there last year)

13. Sorry to double post but I forgot I had this shot of Yuki (my RUV Emma) that I never uploaded. This is her outside in full sunlight, as you can see she looks quite a bit lighter.

[​IMG]Yuki by albino raven child, on Flickr

14. @Alaia, she definitely looks a lot closer to Jace's coloring there. And I am planning on being down at Nebkon again this year (even signed up to do a panel with a friend), so I can definitely bring Jace along for a comparison shot! (Hopefully I'll remember, but he does usually go out with me to cons so hopefully I won't get excited and change my plans.)

@sakana_hime, thank you. :kitty1 I'm really glad I went with WithDoll of all the suggestions I got, and glad I trusted my gut and got RUV instead of NS like I'd originally considered doing. All the colors are really lovely, though, and I wish I could excuse working a couple more into my collection. (Maybe one of the elves if the intersection of "available" and "budget" ever appears...?)

15. @Alaia she is really cute!! Love how her skin looks on that photo <3

16. @vicemage
      Closer to november maybe we should make a doll meetup thread for the con ^^

@Musume
      Thank you! I still need to put in her eyelashes. I have been a bit lazy >v>;;;

17. @Alaia, sounds like a good idea to me! I don't know if there'll be any official panels this year, but we can always set up some unofficial fun!

18. hi guys, i have a withdoll angela and a grey skin Dante ^__^ I'm planning to buy an ash as well and I would love some spam! I couldn't find many pictures of him :(

19. WithDoll is re-releasing Knights of the Light Luna and Eliza, and Dark Knight Priscilla! There is no date posted yet. The photos are grayed out and it says Sold Out under each one, but they've been moved to the Home page. So excited! :DI've wanted a Dark Knight Priscilla ever since I became aware of WithDoll. Now if I can only scrape together enough money to pay for her...

Well, I've ordered Dark Knight Priscilla. Money is too tight for extras, so I'm getting the basic doll (normal skin, large breast) with face-up. I splurged and ordered basic pumps in silver. Hopefully she'll take a shine to one of the wigs I already have. Now to sit back and wait.

#140 vermont chick, Jul 11, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2016