1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Worried about showing favouritism to your dolls?

Oct 29, 2020

1. I think it's totally ok to show favoritism towards your dolls! I know I definitely have a favorite (my minifee Hwayu, 100%), but I'm sure my other dolls know they are loved as well.

2. Whichever doll I am working with is the favorite of the moment. Does it worry me? Nah, they are inanimate, tho beautiful pieces of resin.

3. I know I'm going to spoil my newest boy when he comes. However, that's mostly because of my connection to the character he's going to be rather than the doll itself. In the end, they're objects, but I understand the feeling of worrying about spoiling one over the others. It's more fun, at least for me, to project personalities onto them and I've definitely been guilty of the 'oh well I took this one to the last convention, the others will get jealous' mindset lol.

4. I was... definitely that kid that did not want to hurt their stuffed animals' "feelings" by having favorites (even though I definitely had a favorite). Hyperempathy towards objects, man...

I think it helps that my dolls are pretty different, in terms of how I interact with them-- some of them are for showing off and posing nicely in That One Outfit to represent a character and some are more for changing up often, some are more just for carrying around and holding and cuddling/playing with while I'm watching TV or working on something on the computer. So I spent both time and money differently with different dolls, but no one is The Most Spoiled in every category-- they're all special in some way.

5. Then... yes, but I do it all the same T.T
      My "Tamara" come before others... but I look after "Pim's" in this time because he will get a new make-up and a new wig soon !

6. There's one who is 100% the favorite here. Has more clothes than the rest of them combined, is my absolute go-to, is the only one who gets her display area on my desk, and I'm always happy to see her. Husband has taken to calling her "the queen". She wasn't my first and wasn't my most recent, but she's the absolute favorite.

Like others, well aware the dolls can't care, so I don't worry nearly as much about it as I do with my pets.

I felt it was getting a bit crowded here, made a list of my dolls in favorite order, which helped me decide to start moving some out.

7. That's a good idea!

My interest in dolls kind of comes in waves but some of them are trending towards always being on the bottom.

8. Not one bit! I do not consider them children, so I have zero problem spending more time with one to the detriment of the others.

But I do think I love doing different things with them. I tend to prefer sewing and knitting female clothes, so my girls will have more I guess. But I did my first faceups and wigmaking attempts with my boy (perhaps because he came to me pre-loved and with quite a few marks, so I feel less bad?), and when I want to try something new, he's the first victim. XD So in a sense, I play around a lot more with him? I also tend to buy him more stuff, since I don't like to sew boy's clothes and he's the only one to have an artist faceup (since I hated the company ones but could not do better).

I guess they are all my favorites in different ways. XD

9. I do have one doll I do show more favoritism to more than my other dolls. That's mostly because he was my first doll and he was my grail doll. However, it seems that whenever I buy him something, like a new wig or clothes, I always end up giving it to a different doll because it doesn't fit his vibe.

10. They're just dolls, please!

11. To me any guilt/etc over a lack of love is really just a projection of some other insecurity, such as money spent vs enjoyment received or something. I don't think it's actually that the doll's feelings are hurt or anything, it's more my mind processing my own emotions by ascribing them to the object. Objectively, it's a bit silly, but the language comes easier that way. Whatever works, I guess.

I also don't get this anymore after choosing to keep my collection extremely limited, though. I don't even treat all the remainders equally by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm happy with them and thus no longer worry about it.