1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Body Ever? Dolkot (first version) by a Mile!

Oct 10, 2006

1. I don't have a Dollkot body, nor ever seen one, but the midsection pop sounds like something that plagues the Dollshe boys? is it the same?? because I was going to suggest getting some plastic armatures and putting it inside the body cavity if the hole is big enough ..I know thats what I did with my hound and it helped immensley with his belly pop...he still likes to be a brat and l try but not the the extent it did when I first got him.

And Dimdoll?? where do you want me to start on the female bodies?? she can't sit well, and doesn't stand well..can't pose the hands or feet due to their very breakable wire clasps.....the list goes on...

2. my first Dollkot DEL (Leaf) girl body was THE worst. Couldn't stand to save her life unless you spent god knows how long on balancing her and then she would buckle anyway *_* The Version 2 body is much better but still never going to win any prizes.

3. I don't have a Dollkot body, nor ever seen one, but the midsection pop sounds like something that plagues the Dollshe boys? is it the same?? because I was going to suggest getting some plastic armatures and putting it inside the body cavity if the hole is big enough ..I know thats what I did with my hound and it helped immensley with his belly pop...he still likes to be a brat and l try but not the the extent it did when I first got him.

And Dimdoll?? where do you want me to start on the female bodies?? she can't sit well, and doesn't stand well..can't pose the hands or feet due to their very breakable wire clasps.....the list goes on...

4. I don't have a Dollkot body, nor ever seen one, but the midsection pop sounds like something that plagues the Dollshe boys? is it the same?? because I was going to suggest getting some plastic armatures and putting it inside the body cavity if the hole is big enough ..I know thats what I did with my hound and it helped immensley with his belly pop...he still likes to be a brat and l try but not the the extent it did when I first got him.

5. the other day a friend here got a buckle-knee kiss here to restring. He really needs to be strung extremely tight to force the almost non-existant lock to work @.@
      it doesn't help that the S-hook shapes are wierd and very difficult to stuff the elastic through it. (the gap was SO TINY)
      A tightly strung dolkot body can actually stand pretty well, you'll just have to go through an agonising hour or 2 of restringing

6. I second that! Her legs even buckle when she's in a waist-type doll stand. Yeesh! Which is why she'll be getting a new body ... current favorites are the CP mature body & the Domuya Flexi-body.

7. I just got a DollKot body last week for my R-Asiam head, and it doesn't bother me too bad. We had to restring him because he was insanely tight, and I plan to suede him when I suede my Hound, but.....once you can convince the legs to straighten, he actually stands very well on his own. Maybe it's just that over the past 6 months of having him, I've learned to deal with how floppy my Hound can be...the DollKot legs are just as crazy, but I don't have problems with the waist joint like I do in my Hound. It just takes some working with them, and learning how to handle the bodies.....if you're not patient enough to learn them, then it just won't work out for you.

8. there should be a thread for common problems faced by specific companies. then at least buyers would know what kinds of potential troubles they'd be facing.

is there one? =3

9. Haha :sweat I'm really glad that you help out with the restringing. Btw, the boy that Zestroy helped restring is my darling. I have to say when I first got him, he could hardly stand without me sweating and swearing but after the restring, he's a dear now with posing and I had alot of fun.

10. So what body would work well with a Dolkot head? -runs off to check-

11. I ordered my Dolkot body during the time that Dolkot was improving their bodies, and after getting him, he's doing pretty great! He stands (depending on his mood lol) and he poses (sueding and wiring might make his poses ten times better though).

He had a strange problem with his head not being able to pose up, but after time he was able to (weird). Another strange thing is that Larue tends to go pigeon-toed whenever I stand him (but it doesn't really bother me, I think it's cute XD).

Yes, and I do have the torso popping problem like most of you guys do...^^' It's annoying sometimes.

12. *raises hand* my Rasendo was my first, and he almost turned me off of BJDs, but thankfully my Volks Syo arrived and then I was like, 'Ohhhhhh, ok I get it'. And have spent hours since trying to fix him. He still won't free stand though.

13. I thought I would add an update to my disgruntled comment above, written on 10/10/2006. I recently did the hot glue "sueding" on my husband's first generation Dark Elf Leaf ... and the girl can STAND now! By herself! EASILY!!! No wiring, nothing but the addition of hot glue. :) Oh joyousness! :) Needless to say, we are no longer contemplating a new body for her.

14. I notice the angle on the Dollkot neck has a built-in lean towards the front. Some heads put on it, if their neck-holes are set to the back, will automatically get positioned chin-down.

15. Speaking of other companies' bodies, I'm not a huge fan of the Angel Region mini bodies; they're cranky to stand and you need to string them HORRIFICALLY tight to get any kind of posability from them. All of my trouble with one was post-sueding, too!

16. I hope Dolkot improve their bodies soon, hearing all these stories about Dolkot bodies scare me lol :ablink:

*is hopefully going to bring a Dolkot Hara home soon* I wonder if it'll have the kicky-leg syndrome. :eusa_sile

17. Dolkot has recently revamped/fixed their boy bodies. I have a new body DK Kiss and he's a dream to stand.Admittedly he is strung extremely tight, but I can leave him standing unaided for days at a time. Guess I've just been extremely lucky.

18. I got one of the updated dolkot bodies (my order from dolkot was delayed 10 weeks in total while they worked on the new joints), and I'm not impressed. My Hara's body is still pretty crappy; the joints are really slick and he doesn't stand. He also has that insanely pop-y hip joint.

I've restrung, and am in the process of sueding. His arms and hips are a bit better after some sueding, but the legs are yet to be done, so I dunno how well that will go over.

19. As difficult as the body is I think there will be people still interested in buying it. Don't worry!

20. megomobile: I'd really like to see some very clinical nude shots of the new Dolkot boy body. You make it sound like the improvements haven't helped at all, so I'd like to compare it to the Dolkot body in my house. We've already figured out which leg joint and internal mods this body would need to function properly and I'm curious if they did any/all of these things.

I'd be even better if somebody could do a side by side V.1 and V.2 shoot, but I can't imagine there are too many people who'd have both. If anyone does have them, would you please post some pictures? Front and back shots, some from the side, standing or lying down pictures would do. It would be even better if I could see pictures inside the body looking up into the chest cavity and down into the hip joints.:abambi: