1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Body Ever? Dolkot (first version) by a Mile!

Oct 10, 2006

1. So hot glue sueding is fine? No need to go and buy suede and do it that way?

2. I love my Snapey-boy (Dolkot Loon). He's torso is fine. He's legs were a little kicky but the smallest amount of hot glue sueding fixed that.

-Anneke

3. I have two boys with a lower body joint, and my Hound sounds like the Dolkot body - constant tummy pop and ill-locking legs, but that could just be lousy stringing. He can stand pretty well if you're paitent though. My Lati Red also has the lower body joint, but he doesn't pop at all. Could be because the torso and pelvis part fit very securely together, and he's pretty tightly strung.

4. Edited because it made me sound like a whiny brat. >D

5. You could say this worries me...I wanted to have a female Loon but Im not seen keen on the body now. Has anyone put a Loon or other type with a better body (Im thinking a CP) or is it just too hard to get a resin match?

6. eek! this thread sounds so ominous! i was planning on getting a kiss!(ha ha, the doll not the display of affection XD) but it sounds like they're pretty hit and miss.(rhymed!) agh. i guess he'll be a learning experience ^^;

7. Are the female bodies just as bad as the male?

8. Oh my sweet heavens, YES. My husband has one of the first Dark Elf Leafs. When she arrived, all her limbs tended to twist in their sockets. He would just pick her up and both her legs would start rotating to the back. Very "Exorcist"! And the poor dear never, never stood. In fact, with her odd midsection joint, she had a tendency to suddenly slump for no reason.

BUT WAIT!!!! A month or so ago, I decided to try the hot glue "sueding" method and it's made a huge improvement. No more slumping or weirdly twisty limbs. And, if we're very careful, she can actually stand by herself.

Hot glue = Leaf's new best friend. There's a thread with instructions somewhere in the customizing section, which I highly recommend.

9. I have one of the newer improved Dolkot male bodies on my White Kiss (or that is what I was told his body is). I haven't had the kind of trouble with his legs and knees that have been mentioned about the previous Dolkot male bodies. What it seems more so with mine is his stringing (or something) is very tight and it's very hard to move all his joints including his head. He is so stiff! The stomach still pops in and out (which is annoying)...and he does have a tendency to fall while placed standing like he's having trouble balancing still.

But the flopping over or non-locking knees actions are gone on mine. He's very solid. I am happy with the improvements made to his knees.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Kiss from them, even though he's so stiff. I would rather see my boy's head on a LUTS White Boy body though if the resin matched better to it...but I love the Dolkot design for the Kiss, body and all and I hope later on he'll loosen up a bit.

10. oh yea, I had handled 2 older kisses recently and I found that stringing them really loosely is much easier to make them stand. It might just be me though.. since I am extremely used to handling loosely strung dolls.

11. I detest my Kiss' body. The knees never lock, he hates staying straight in his bag, his lower torso joint pops constantly and due to how the neck is angled, he has a permanently stooped look to him that I can't adjust. I've restrung him, but that torso joint really is a complete nightmare.

My Moon might be floppy and have crazy legs, but his back doesn't randomly break and leave him bending at unnatural angles.

12. mmm my old dolkot body is not too bad...he actually stands better than my moon did prior to sueding...he's still horrendous, but I have worse dolls :P I think it's definitely in the stringing; mine is far too tightly strung at the moment. I have 2 new dolkot boys incoming...I'll try to compare the new and old when they get here.

13. My leaf is the first and only BJD I've had, so maybe I've never experienced a doll that stands up on her own. I've never restrung her or modded her joints in any way, but her knees and ankles have never been stable enough for her to stand on her own.
      Still, I would never have picked a different doll. In my mind, nothing measures up to how lovely she is.

14. I bought a used Dolkot body (boy) from the market here, and now have a Lupinus head on it. I think the stringing it came with is a bit tight, but I glue-sueded the joints, and I think he poses and stands very nicely. The knees could use wires as well, since I find that a lot of knees without anything to keep them from bending the wrong way also tend to bend too much. I also love the finger positions on the hands, very expressive. Overall, I've found it a decent body for a single-jointed one.