1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WORST Doll Experience EVER

Apr 30, 2012

1. Ordering a doll through the Iplehouse Custom Doll System so that I could get a specific limited face-up, only to have them offer that same face-up as a basic option a few days later. On top of that, when I did receive the doll her face-up looked like a five year old had done it and did not resemble the one I had requested at all. I was really disappointed in the company's quality and will probably not buy from them again because of that.

On the bright side, I sent my doll to a face-up artist on the forums here and she did a knock-out job. At least there was a happy ending. :)

2. That reminds me of how someone here had said (a few years ago) that while riding in the car, their friend asked for their Puki, and chucked it out the window when they were on the highway. I think she was able to buy a new one after she made the friend pay her back, but that and your story are shocking. How did she get out of your bag?

That was a very nice thing you did, Lynsey; I would be really unsure as to what I'd want to do after hearing they died, but you had a good idea.

3. WOW! I would have throw her out of the car at that moment, I seriously would! that's rude and uncalled for!!

4. I think I remember them saying that the friend did it in kind of a joking manner, but really did throw it out of the car window. I remember thinking "Why the heck would you do that - even jokingly?" I can't fathom why someone would think that funny, even if the doll wasn't expensive.

5. My worst experiences with my BJDs strangely enough involve my favorite company...Volks.

First my Yo-SD Lin (1st ed) arrived with a portion of her cheek and chin blush stuck to her protective face cover and came off when I unwrapped her. :( I bought her from a Member who one the lottery to buy her at both Volks and through an authorized dealer...this was years ago, before Volks started filtering for duplicate enteries. Anyway, because she was technically purchased on the secondary market, Volks wasn't able to do anything to fix her face-up, even though I offered to pay....their policy is their policy when it comes to secondary market dolls. The DOA Member was completely blameless as she never even unpacked Lin, so had no idea that the facial sealent hadn't set properly. Volks uses a different product now, and it works much better than whatever they were using when the stopped using MSC. Anyway, inspite of repeated attempts to repair her by an experienced face-up artist, we ended up having to wipe her. :( She's going to get a new face one of these days, but as of now, she's still blank. :(

Frustrating experience number two was my Volks SD Rose who arrived brand new from YJP with two left shoes in the sealed BTSSB package! After many emails back and forth, and photos of the doll as I unpacked her, Volks relented and I had to EMS the shoes back to Volks Japan, even though I wrote them again and again that I'd be at the NYC Dolpa that year, and could bring the shoes with me for exchange. Somehow this information was "Lost in Translation" by someone at Volks because when they gave me the correct pair of shoes they said I should've just brought the mismatched pair with me to NY Dolpa...insert head smack icon here! LOL! All's well that end's well, but those two experiences made me swear off buying Volks dolls on the secondary market for years.

All this is nothing compared to losing a doll or having dolls damaged though. My heart goes out to people that have experienced these kind of horrors. I thankfully haven't had any breakage, but I do know what it's like to lose dolls. Two of my beloved Wendy Lawton wooden BJD dolls disappear during a random security search by Customs at Iceland Airport years ago. Wendy herself made me two replacements, and they're beautiful, but they can't really make up for the sentimental value of the little ones I lost.

6. @ Writerm Unfortunately the zipper malfunctioned, she tumbled across three lanes of highway.

7. :( When I was little my step dad punished me by pretending to throw my cabbage patch doll out the window. I though he really did! I was devastated. But so happy when I got home and he gave it back to me.
      If that was my friend I would have went straight to the police station because that is so uncalled for.
      Doesn't matter what it is, you don't do that to some else's stuff.

8. Holy shit, what a bitch!! What kind of person throws someone else's property out a car window, period? Never mind on the HIGHWAY. And something that costs HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS.

My friends know I hulk out when people damage my stuff, so they'd never do something like that to me, thank god!

9. @yumi~ wow thats horrible o.o i´m doing faceups myself (i´m not the best but i still get many comissions) and i show every step of the faceup and i´m always willing to redo it! No matter how good the artists skills are .... if he don´t know how to handle a comission he is not a good artist!!!

10. My worse experience still isn't over sadly. @_@;
      Canadian Customs sent my doll back to the seller after stating that her address wasn't in English (But it was. The package had both Chinese and English on it). So off she went aaall the way back to China, stressing me out for an entire week in the process. Now she has to travel to a 2nd shipping agent as I'd rather use FedEx than EMS this time around (to be safe). Of course, since Customs shipped her back, I end up with all the Holidays over there (I had paid her off earlier to avoid them). Augh. So going on 2 weeks of stressing out, haha. She's my grail doll and until she's here safely, I won't believe she's mine. I hope her trip to the 2nd seller will be smooth (from Beijing to Shanghai), and that NOTHING will go wrong once she's shipped to me this time.

Thankfully, the seller has been really kind and helpful. ;A;
      But ugh, yea, terrible experience. Customs really ruined it.

11. Hands down, waiting months for a doll, finally being told 'We lost her. Sorry.'

Not having the full stated insurance paid back.

Not to mention it REALLY didn't appear that Canada Post did a lot about anything... Fortunately, the girl that I bought the doll from was a real angel, and I'm glad that she helped me through it all <3

12. The only two bad experiences I had so far had to do with shipping.

One of them was when Volks sent my package (limited items, mind you) to a girl in Singapore instead to me. Luckily they were able to send me another package once I informed them about what happened.

The other one was when I sold a doll here in the marketplace two months ago and our custom office obviously somehow forgot to forward it to the US. My buyer was annoyed, I was annoyed, but luckily after almost 5 weeks of waiting and after filing an inquiry it finally found its way to the new owner.

13. My experiences weren't too bad, thank goodness! I bought a RS Long of the MP. I had wanted one a long time and I was excited because I got a really good deal on him. I was very new and I am always clumsy. I dropped him and chipped his ankle and chipped his face -up...I hadn't had him 5 minutes! I was so upset , I couldn't look at him for weeks. I finally got him out and dressed him and redid his face -up but I still felt bad and almost sold him. I'm glad I didn't though.
      The other was I had bought a head off the MP. The owner said she would give him a face up for free if I wanted. I only had to pay for the eyelashes. She said he would be done in a week, then two weeks, then months went by. The seller just disappeared. I finally had to open a paging thread. I finally got the head with just a few pencil marks for a face up and no eyelashes but I was grateful to finally get the head.

14. Same here >___<

15. well, my worst bjd moment happened at last years metrocon!i brought my LE yo-sd doll and whilst explaining to a person how you could change the face she rachd out and rubbed her dirty finger all over her LE faceup and chipped\smuged it!! half of hr face was obliterated and she didnt bat an eye when i told her how expesive she was and how i was uable to get that face up againluckly her maker was loca and offered to re-do her faceup (for free mind you)but wait the horrible didnt end there!when her head was bing shipped back to me the person forgot to add the SW i my adres so her head got sent to a compleatly dfferent house! i had my mom drive me to he adress and i burst into tears and begged him to give her to me and thnkully he did

16. My worst experience has been trying to get Nobility Doll to finish a custom order. It was a mere compromise version of the design we had asked for, delayed several months due to someone else's lack of communication, and then when it arrived it was the worst casting and engineering I have EVER seen. It will take several months of work to get this doll functional and presentable. Click here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?510748-Nobility-Doll-Custom-Order-Feedback for the whole story.

"4/12: I am asking them for a partial refund. I will update this if they agree to refund some of my money.

4/17: Nobility gave me their answer:

Hello there,

I am sorry that you're not satisfied with our doll.
      The doll you placed order is for group order, so it's not possible to focus on individuals specific & personal demanding for quality or preference.
      As you know, cost, you paid, is 30% less than normal 60cm doll. In addition, you cannot refund because it's made by customized order.
      Concerning fitting line on the body, you can simply get rid of it by sanding, and it's very easy job. If you're not confident, please send it to me. I will do sending it for free withouht shipping fee
      Thank you for your understanding.

So, I can't get a partial refund or any refund because it was Custom Work. (Custom Work they screwed up on royally.)
      And they believe it was okay to have horrible quality because it was a group order so they couldn't concentrate on individual quality. (THE HECK??)
      And the ruined state of the casting job is okay because if I work on it myself I can fix it. (Gee golly, Thanks! A huge mod project, just what I did not pay for!)

OR I can gamble on shipping it back to them, and trust in their excellent standard of work to remove the seams for me. HAIL NO, thank you, I've seen the quality of your work so far. I wouldn't put a doll back into your hands if you paid me to do it.

This is the end of my dealings with Nobility Doll. "

17. I think my worst experience was when I ordered some clothes from a seamstress on the MP, and she ran off with my money. Not only mine, she scammed several folks. Also, I once bought a doll from someone on layaway and had already paid 1/3 of the doll's price, when the seller decided s/he could not part with the doll after all and refunded my money. I was kind of annoyed by that, but it's ok because later I found the same doll for a better price. Aside from that, I ripped off half a finger nail trying to get a nonmagnetic head cap off the s-hook it was attached to in the doll's head and almost bled all over the white limited edition fullset outfit that came with the doll.

18. I would have taken her to court if I could (I know it's a bit silly, lol but I would have been mad as heck! xD) she damaged your doll and didn't care or didn't even bother to compensate you.
      That's what irks me about conventions.
      Some people are just crazy and want to touch everything. I'll stick with doll meets, where people tend to have common sense.

I'm really sorry to hear all the stress you went though, having to show up at some strangers house.
      I hope he was nice about it, I would have been a mess over the whole thing.

19. At the airport when they check to see how heavy the carry ons are they lady at the desk slammed down my carry on. It bust one of the fingers off my doll she was well packed too. I heard it a snap sound and the loose falling sound. I know the doll was a bobobie but I was still upset at the airport lady.

20. Did you report the incident to airport management? Your property was damaged by someone who worked there. They should compensate you for it. It doesn't matter what type of doll it was. Especially since the doll was in your carry-on (meaning you were taking steps to protect your property, instead of just sticking it into your checked suitcase).

Not as extreme as some... but my friend's doll gave me a heart attack on Sunday. I was repositioning his hand for a photo and one of his fingers snapped right off. After I got done panicking, she told me he took a header at the last con she'd gone to, and that's where it had broken. She was surprised the glue held on as long as it had.