1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WORST Doll Experience EVER

Apr 30, 2012

1. Amet I cannot believe all the trouble Paypal caused you!! Even after getting the funds back and sending them again, the same thing happened... you must have been at your last straw T_T I used to work for a payment processor company like PayPal and I can confirm that these types of fraud measures are effective yet extremely frustrating for the account holder.
      I'm so happy to hear that your story had a happy ending and that Volks held your Saki for you for that long! I suppose getting one of the last ones was lucky enough in itself that life decided you needed to have a little bad luck to balance things out xD I find things usually go that way. Congrats again!

2. That's really awful! And just shows, too, how ridiculous and out of hand that whole "war on terror" can get. Saki? A payment being frozen because of the word Saki? Guess you're lucky you didn't buy "body parts" - or else the police might have shown up on your doorstep to arrest you for murder or something ... -.-

3. Having just undergone work training in regards to trade sanctions and the illegality of doing business with those named on one of several governmental lists, there probably is someone/a group that is blacklisted for business within the US which either contains Saki or is close to it. Our system at work will flag when a name or address is close or matches a blacklisted entity and then we have to double check it ourselves before releasing it. The issue wasn't that they froze the payment. The issue is that they couldn't respond in a timely manner to release it when it was obviously an invoice for a toy purchase from a Japanese toy company, and not say a payment for some sort of fraudulent claim against a shill insurance policy held by a known drug runner.

4. belladonna, Khell, Kim Thanks, guys! In the end I'm happy, Saki was totally worth the effort and the people at Volks were very kind. It's just one of those things that is incredibly stressful when it's happening, and while I understand that these regulations are in place for a very valid reason, there was no need to string me along all week when I was clearly in touch with the company trying to give them everything they needed to clear the transaction. I'm not really sure why they felt the need to cancel the first transaction at all when every rep I talked to told me it was just a silly misunderstanding that they would figure out when a human got a look at it.

Mostly I'm sharing this because it's something to keep in mind if you're American and using Paypal. As a hobby, we send large sums of money overseas quite frequently for items with the sort of funny sounding names their computers are likely to trip over.

5. @Amet: Thank you for sharing your experience with us as a warning and heads up. That probably tops the crazy
      paypal stories I've heard @.@ I'm sure that Saki is "the little doll that could" and will have a hell of a memory attached
      to her for a while >.> Congrats on getting her and look, your persistance certainly paid off well :D You did a great job!

6. I got her back today, I don't quite understand why she didn't update me the rest of her reviews are glowing saying she updates frequently. I guess maybe I was an anomaly felt kind of bad for mentioning the lack of communication and how she went over time estimates in my feedback :S

7. I don't think you should feel bad.

8. After reading the whole thread I feel like mine are just minor issues! But I had issues with paypal as well. Mine was probably minor compared to everyone's.

I bought something from ALice Collections and when I sent my payment Paypal double charged me. This was such an utter jerk-move because at that time I only have enough amount in my bank account so obviously my bank charged me with fees because my bank account was now in the negative. I immediately called paypal and asked them why they double charged me. The rep who talked to me stated that they don't even have my money in their system and that's when I had that mini-heartattack. I kinda lost it and askedhow is that possible when I'm currently looking at my bank account and it says paypal double charged me. The rep on the other line apologized but said she couldnt see my money in my paypal account. In my anger I dropped the call and called back, hoping to get another rep that would handle the situation better. When Someone answered they said the same thing. No money in my account. at that point I asked to get the call escalated. the rep was still telling me that there was no possibility that paypal would double charge me and then I lost my cool and shouted that I wanted to talk to a supervisor or someone who knows what they are doing. I was transfered to a different person and then they asked me all these questions. I explained the situation and I even told them that I can show proof that paypal double charged me. they told me to call back in 2-3 business days because they cant do anything at the moment because they cant see my money. I threatened them that I will sue them for this and that I was recording the entire phone call (I wasn't) and the rep on the line seemed to be flustered. They transfered me again and this time (finally!) someone told me that my money was on hold. I asked them why I was double charged when I only went through the transaction ONCE. The rep told me that their system was at fault and that something seemed to have gone wrong. I fold them I got charged by the bank for having a negative amount and they said that they will talk to my bank. I needed to wait for paypal to return my money for 5-7 business days. So I patiently waited and I was really happy when they did return my money and the negative balance charge was paid off as well.

I think it works when you know you are at the right and you do have the right to threaten them because it's your money. I learned that paypal should only be used for small transactions and I will definitely use my Credit Card for bigger transactions.

9. My worst experience thus far is thankfully pretty minor, albeit a little annoying. One of the dolls I purchased secondhand from eBay looked marvelous in the seller's photos, but I'm fairly certain they were photoshopped. I knew the doll was a hybrid, so I wasn't expecting a perfect match in resin color, but the description said that the head and body matched, and the numerous photos in the listing made it look that way as well. Once he came to me....yeah, not so much. His head is significantly more peach toned than his body, which is pretty much white in comparison (despite not actually being "white" resin, to my knowledge). I still bonded with his sculpt and I'm happy with him, but I wish the seller would've been honest. I plan on buying a new body for him directly from Fairyland so he finally looks more normal, but I don't have the funds at the moment.
      Other than that, my mom once dropped Kanaya by accident and it was pretty terrifying for me watching it happen and not being able to catch her. Thankfully nothing was damaged, she landed on her rump and her (magnetic) hands detached in the process, but were not broken.

10. I bought my first SD on the secondary market. When she arrived I was so horrified I nearly cried. The tab in her head cap was broken off, she was so floppy you'd think someone had used ordinary string and worst of all, the yellowing was much worse than it looked in the pics. I just put her away for a while.
      Later I discovered the tab was still inside her head so I glued it back on with epoxy glue. Next I had her restrung and bought her a fabulous Dollheart outfit. I still have her here, my Soom Romantic Dillui, I love her but learned alot from this experience :horror:

11. Frightening stories!
      Here is mine. I bought my Rena on the secondary market and when she came to me, i opened her, hm, head? sorry, I don't know how to say it in Engish... and the eyes were fixed by children's plasticine! I almost cried but finally I cleaned it up

12. when their face up is chipped or when they fall and make a worrying sound or when their expensive clothes is ruined especially when its because of my own fault. then i will go crazy for awhile

13. Worst doll experience thus far would be buying a coup,e of wigs off a seller on eBay. I had read his listing and saw that they combined shipping for multiple items, so I was like cool! And bought something like 8 wigs (shhh, I like wigs, okay..). When I asked them to send me an invoice for the items they refused to honor the combined shipping! They wanted $92 for shipping when I only spent $47 on the wigs!!!!! Talk about excessive shipping and gouging!

I wrote them back and asked for them to work with me on the shipping because it was outrageous what they wanted. I got a reply saying that in another section of their listing it said they won't lower shipping fees for auctions. It totttaallly made no mention of that in their shipping guidelines! I felt misled and said so! They wrote back to me and were so rude! They said that there was nothing they would do because it was my "own carelessness". My eBay reputation is spotless for over 7 years and these people opened a case against me! This has to be my worst experience with my BJD...

14. You could complain to Ebay about that one and Paypal too if they opened a case! Take screen shots!

15. I've had some pretty bad experiences but nothing too horrific.

The longest wait I've had to endure was about a year for a simple order. It wasn't even the dealer's fault because the company just didn't send my doll. When I did finally get my doll, I didn't get the free outfit I was meant to have from ordering during an event - Nor did I receive the pair shoes I ordered alongside the doll. It made me really regret placing that specific order when everyone else in the waiting room had gotten their dolls months before me.

Back when I was a fresh little newbie, I had someone in my local community misinterpret a post I made on the forums, and then I got called out by a prevalent bjd owner for being rude. It broke my heart, but later they apologised.

Recently I was at a doll meet and I got my finger stuck inside my doll's head. Jammed right under the hook! I have no idea how in the heck I managed to do that. The only way to get it out was to force the sharp end of the hook along the fold of my pointer finger. I was surprised that it didn't make me bleed. Such a thing has never happened to me before. So embarrassing!

16. when i got my first ever bjd (althought the second i ordered, the first one was still in transit) i picked up my Dream high Boo Giggles, and then suddenly her head plate (sorry dont know the proper bjd name for it) had totally disappeared. I hunted for ages and ages, and was literally in tears, which made it even harder to see it when suddenly it turned up!!! i cannot tell you how relieved i was...

17. Oh boy, I did another stupid thing. So yesterday, I cleaned up two doll heads to get them ready for their first coat of MSC pre-faceup and was excitedly getting all my stuff set up in the garage to do the spraying. Well, I had my respirator on which shortens my depth perception, and in my excited haste to finish setting up (it's been a long while since I've worked on doll stuff due to unforeseen life SNAFUs) I somehow managed to slam the heavy door to the garage on my ring finger. It hurt like a b1+ch, and now I have a broken ring finger. Now I have this big stupid metal thing on my finger. I obviously didn't get the heads coated, and I've been looking forward to finally getting these heads faceupped for so long. :( Big disappointment and a broken finger.

18. oh my god [MENTION=68759]LoudOwl[/MENTION], your story made me cringe. :( I hope your finger heals up quickly!

19. I've commented before, and this is more like a rant than a really bad experience...but at the moment, and sorry if this makes me sound like I am a horrible person because I'm not!!! But I had a horrendous trying to get doll items to sell. I get people saying "Will you accept (price stated on my listing) plus free shipping to XXX country." It really annoys me. So basically you can afford to buy from other companies and accept their shipping charges but you're too friggin cheap to dish out the shipping charge I set up and try to haggle with me for free shipping? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!

20. @haiiroko Thanks, I hope it does too :aheartbea I'm afraid if I try to do a faceup with this metal finger brace on, I'll scratch the hell out of it. I might have to take it off and buddy-splint my broken finger to the one next to it to it to do faceups, or put some type of small soft covering over the brace (although that just seems uncomfortable). Luckily it's on my right hand (I am left handed). Should probably wait a little while though... heh :sweat