1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WORST Doll Experience EVER

Apr 30, 2012

1. I had an experience similar to [MENTION=68460]fish and chips[/MENTION]' experience, though I would consider it a rant, too. Someone contacted me asking about a wig I was selling... but both wanted me to ship it to their country for free, and wanted me to discount it so far that I'd actually be losing money paying for the shipping. Who'd ever accept a deal like that, and why would anyone ever think it's okay to ask?

2. Broken finger while doing a face up is definitely bad! I haven't had any really bad experiences, and both of mine have to do with eyes. I ordered some Ersa Flora eyes in grey blue and when they came they were black. Pure black. With a very bright direct light, you can see a hint of dark blue. I asked for a refund or exchange because they were NOT what I ordered, and the owner refused. I ordered some eyes from one of the sellers here on the MP in pale pink, but when they came they were TOO pale and were basically clear! Super creepy. I think that's one of my major disappointments in the hobby, that eyes are never the same color as they look on the screen.

3. Paid over $50 plus shipping for a beautiful airbrushed face-up only to have her (new) artist improperly seal her --- within six months her face-up was cracked and needed replacing. Easily my worst BJD experience, followed by flakey doll sellers on the MP. Please don't take my payment only to get me excited and end up selling the doll elsewhere. I got my money back and purchased another doll with the money, but sadly I fear I take some of my disappointment from that bad transaction out on the doll I bought. (Shame because I really love her sculpt.)

4. I think by far the worse experience I had was Sleeping Elf's Bonbon. I purchased my first and second bjds in the year of 2013 and I decided to purchase Bonbon in April of 2014. She would have been my first tiny tan skinned female doll, so first everything, cause I have all male bjds in normal skin and MSD size and bigger.

It's not fun shelling out over $200 bucks and waiting 5-6 months to get her, only to find out her finger broke off, meaning something happened in transit and two after a week, I couldn't bond with her and ended up selling her anyway. Nothing Sleeping Elf did, but I wonder about our USPS system (I live in the US). Our taxes are going to this service that's not reliable, wet packages, customs crap, and now if you put fragile on the box, it's an automatic 10 dollars extra on top of the original shipping price, this was put in effect as of June 2015. So if you want your resin dears to be safe during transit, but can't afford that extra 10 bucks shipping/handling fee, I would bubble wrap them to no end!

5. OMG I didn't know it cost extra to add "fragile" to the box now! THAT IS RIDICULOUS. The US is the only company in the world that expects its postal service to be self supporting. It's so much to ship international from the US that I don't even offer international options when I sell on eBay.

6. Also be aware, some post office people are jerks and if they see fragile, they will purposely treat the package worse. My mom works for the postal service and found that out from people at work x.x

7. Yeah I was insanely blown away when I found out. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the postal services here.

WOW ARE YOU SERIOUS?! God it just gets worse and worse. Makes me want to go to the IRS and demand my tax money back because I don't want to be supporting a postal service that has jerks who will purposely break fragile items. Despicable.

8. Yeah... she goes to work all the time and cant believe how bad they act. It's like they hate their jobs and think it is okay to take it out on people's mail even though they've done nothing to them. I heard awhile back that some guy took a bunch of people's mail and set it on fire. There has also been cases of people stealing people's mail and I've personally had mail delivered that was obviously torn open by a person and not the machine.

9. The US Postal Service is self-supporting. It gets no tax dollars, FYI.

10. My worst experience, hands down, was my local IRL BJD comminuty. One person ruling the community and if your doll didn't have one of her face ups, well you were the scum of the earth. For whatever reason all the rest of the people became her Yes Men. There are so many stories I could tell.....

I still see the Queen Bee and her drones at doll shows and for some reason they smile and try to talk to me. I just pretend they don't exist. I will not be drawn in again and waste my time with those people.

11. My worst experience was in a split I joined. It made me run all my own splits from then forward.

I got a head in the split. The split runner took an eternity to ship my head to the point that I had to harass her about it. It was like 2 to 3 weeks after I paid my shipping which she charged me EMS for, which I found out she had given my parcel to her mother who never shipped it out.

So she shipped it out via air mail a week after that. It came waaay later in a practically destroyed box, box with obviously used shipping supplies. My boy's head was on the not crushed and torn side of that overused box.

I literally reached in and slid him out didn't have to cut any tape to get him out and there were no bubbles left on that old and dirty bubble wrap.

I asked for a refund for the difference in shipping, I got a lot of attitude and after a lot of fighting about it she reluctantly sent it back as a payment so paypal took fees from my supposed refund.

To this day that person has sold things that I wanted but I could never do business with them again. Not after that experience and it definitely turned me off from joining splits with others especially if it is their first one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

12. Like everyone else, I use Paypal.
      PayPal was taking money from my bank with out my knowing! So of course I filed a claim with over 300 dollars.
      I thought everything was fine, until Paypal was showing that ALL of the transactions I did got pulled. So I called Paypal, got the worst service, which included being hung up on, and was told that my bank had filed all of them. I called my bank right away and they said that they had only pulled the few.
      Then I had sellers on Etsy yelling at me about about the payment being pulled. I apologized and sent it back, but she was still angry.
      But there was a very nice lady, JessiFlakes, that did one of my dolls face up, and she was just so patient with me when the payment was pulled, and she really helped me out in the
      situation.
      Since all the payments were pulled, and I owed money that didn't exist, my Paypal account got frozen.
      I have since not gone on Etsy, I have to use my sisters Paypal, and I try not to buy out of Canada to avoid Paypal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

13. I haven't been in the hobby for a long time yet, so my worst experiences haven't been that bad yet.

During the first summer that I had my very first BJD, he fell twice. First time he might have dented his nose (it could've been just a stain, his nose wasn't sharp to begin with), and the second time the face up on his lips chipped. The same summer I also noticed he had already yellowed a little. Now any of those by themselves wouldn't have been that bad, but since they all happened during such short time, it made me feel like a really bad doll owner, and I almost considered quitting the hobby before I even properly began it.

The second is more recent and person related. I was chatting online with a relatively young person, who had gotten interested in BJDs. She was familiar with Pullips, but BJDs were completely new for her. She was going to buy Kid Delf Darae, but soon I found out that she wasn't going to buy it from Luts or second hand or any legit dealer, but some another maker from ebay. So all the marks were saying she was about to buy a recast doll. I wanted to give her advice as an older hobbyist, since I didn't want her to get hated in the community for owning a recast. I kindly tried explaining her why she shouldn't order the doll from ebay, what recasts are and why she shouldn't buy them. I thought I was being helpful but she completely flipped! She said stuff like how could _I_ know that HER doll was going to be fake, and this and that person ordered their doll from ebay too and so on. I didn't know what to do, I don't know if I worded my supposed-to-be advice wrong, or didn't she just fully understand why she can't buy the "same" doll cheaper from another maker, and that BJDs aren't the same as Pullips at all. Finally she said her father agreed on ordering the more expensive doll from Luts, but I'm still not 100% sure if she really told the truth...
      Also over couple of days she changed her mind about the sculpt she was going to get at least three times, so I'm hoping she won't be disappointed in the one she so quickly decided on getting.

It just left a really bad taste in my mouth, because I was trying to help and apparently ended up offending her... I just wanted to guide her to get in the hobby in a proper, legal way, but it left me feeling like I did something wrong. :(

14. So far, the worst thing was when my BJD fell down from unbalanced posing. She's alright though, I just need to restring her a little tighter.

Hopefully that's the worst thing that'll to happen to me....

15. Worst doll experience ever?
      Receiving the credit card bill at the end of the month and knowing you still want more!

16. losing approx. $300 of newly-bought doll stuff at the airport : |

17. Worst experience for me so far was buying my grail doll head and seeing the face-up come off after around three months. I had to send her back to Little Monica for a re-face up. Luckily they gave me the re-face up for half the price. And now she's fine again.
      I hope this never happens again.

18. No kidding I think I would have about died, when I found that out.

Sent from the future via SkyNet