1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WORST Doll Experience EVER

Apr 30, 2012

1. I don't really have any bad experience so far.. thank god and I hope i will never have one..
      But I had a nightmare once,which made me cry out from sleeping. It was about someone broke my doll,throw it to the ground,and he was doing that right in front me. That nightmare seemed very real, and my heart just felt so hurt.. HORRIBLE.. But the take home note from that nightmare was useful, taught me to treasure my dolls more and more.

2. I have problems with a retailer. (I am not naming them so don't ask please)

I bought an LE doll from a retailer during my newb stage. She came to me damaged. I contacted the retailer and told them what arrived, showed them my step by step photos, and politely asked for a replacement part. The retailer provided a very rude response telling me that once it's left them they aren't going to do anything about it. Their refund/exchange policy clearly stated I was in the rights to get a new part. I emailed again asking them to ask the company for me. They refused. I ended up seeing the doll as a source of negativity and sold her at a discount to the buyer. It was unfortunate that this was only my second doll.

Same retailer 4 years later because I don't learn the first time... Ordered clothes in stock and paid quickly. Got an email stating since my payment was received and my items in stock my items would ship that day. So over a week goes by, nothing in the mail. Still says shipping on the site. Then on day 8 I think it says delivered. I checked the mail that day, not delivered!!!! Contact the company, I need tracking info to find my stuff, please contact USPS for me. They email me back stating that if I "had bothered" to read their terms I don't get a tracking number; I got one before so why would now be different? "Delivered" means they just shipped it. WHAT?!!!! And no, I couldn't find this info on their site. So I email them stating I was told false info and I wanted a refund on shipping. Nope, they won't even answer my emails now.

So far, the only other thing that happened bad is I spilled 90% alcohol on a doll head and it erased over half the face! Ooops. I was gong to redo it anyway, that just sped it up a bit.

3. They don't get away with that if they pull that stunt on us. We get on the phone and we tell them what happened and demand someone bring it (either that same day or the next day) - and they do because they know they did what they did. We know the guy didn't make an effort - we're vigilant about our packages getting to us so we don't have one of those notes. If one of us has to leave the room, we make sure someone else is already there just so that there's always someone waiting in ear-shot of the door. If we know something is coming, there's always someone home. So we know someone either doesn't bother stopping the truck, or just passes us by out of laziness.

I was incredibly worried they were going to pull this stunt with my dolls, but thankfully, they didn't.

4. Wow...I would have responded, "If you hate your job so much, why not just quit?" The alcohol incident sounds pretty funny though. XD

5. Oh geez that's terrible! I hate dreams that feel so real like that.
      But it's awesome to wake up and your dollies are just fine sleeping in their boxes, lol.

6. For me it would probably be...
      I had wanted a Narae for a really long time, but they always seemed kind of *far* away from me; Never had the $$ when they were doing the pre-orders, and 2nd hand at the time always was so inflated it was just unthinkable.
      Well, I ended up finding a badly yellowed Narae for a very decent price, at the same time I had some extra money for my birthday :D

Unfortunately the day she arrived, I had her sitting on my lap while I was browsing DOA, and was playing around posing her (rather softly like I would any other doll) while on my lap, and I just hear -SNAP!-

Me: O_o? Whaaaat???

So I undressed her, and when I pulled off her pants, her lower leg fell off D:

Apparently, with the "New Knee Joint" system that she was on, it was a somewhat common problem, because all of the tension is holding from her neck to her knee (which was the first time I had seen this on a doll), but all the tension was resting on a THIN piece of resin D: Which was basically a disaster waiting to happen!

I contacted the girl who sold her to me, to find out what resin/batch #/etc she came from so I could order replacement legs since Dollfair (before their big fallout) said they could match it for me.
      But this was -right- when Dollfair was having their big fallout, so Catrina never got back to me D:

I don't know how, but I managed to hit the jackpot and I found someone on here selling Narae legs. From the same order. In the same skintone. In french resin (what mine was).

I was floored.

So I bought it, of course.

But after I fixed her up, I never wanted to touch her, in fear of breaking her legs again, knowing that the chances of me finding ANOTHER exact match of legs for sale was probably less than me winning the lottery. lol
      So I ended up selling her D:
      But I am sure, if she had the old style knees I'd still have her. She was so pretty despite her yellowing (she was actually burnt orange in some spots @_@)

7. My worst experience would probably have to be with my Mire...who happens to be named Mire. Warning: This story is pretty gross...at least if you really, really hate ants, like me.

Anyhow, she had just come in and naturally I washed my hands and set to work putting her together. It was easy, but something seriously annoying was happening--every so often, I would discover a bunch of ants crawling on her parts. Now, this seemed a bit normal to me. I figured maybe someone had dropped a bit of food nearby and I was just getting in their way, so I just brushed the ants off and moved to a different area, planning to vacuum that area afterward.

But it kept happening, no matter where I went.

I finished stringing her body (magically, with all of these damn ants) and put her head aside on the entertainment center while I put the body in my room on my desk. When I came back, there were new ants crawling all over her head! Now I was getting irritated. It was at that point that I decided to do an experiment, and take the headcap from one of my other dolls and put it next to hers and leave them alone. Result? The ants only wanted Mire's headcap! And her head and body, both now on my desk, were also once again assaulted with ants! It was so disgusting and frustrating--I washed her, and it kept happening for about two weeks before the ants decided she wasn't food and left her alone. At which point I washed her AGAIN. I had put bazillions of ant traps everywhere and put dead fast everywhere I knew my cats wouldn't get it. I had it with these motherf'n ants on my motherf'n doll!

I have to wonder if we just have weird ants, because the same thing happened with my Nook of all things for a similar amount of time a couple months later. At which time I went crazy with ant traps. Again. Seriously, this was so gross and I am INFINITELY glad it's over dkfjhxfkjhkjhsdgkgjd :barf

8. That was pretty creepy. I remember hearing about how someone wondered if spiders were attracted to dolls because tiny spiders would randomly crawl on one of theirs. Maybe something in the packaging or plastic is getting on your dolls and that happens to attract ants?

9. There is something seriously weird happening with ants. I'm not having them go after dolls, but after ELECTRICAL stuff! I had an infestation in one of my car batteries (WTF???) and an outdoor electrical supply box.

10. It only happened with her, so I supposed it must've been something to do with the volks resin, but It would make more sense if it was some sort of really resilient residue of some kind, because after those two weeks were over they never bothered her again. Something similar might have been used with the nook, and that's why they went after that, too. Maybe a plastic casting release agent? But then I've never heard of any other volks doll being ant-invaded...maybe it's just certain kinds of weird ants that do this? :? *it is a mystery*

There must be some sort of residue/smell on certain plastics that's attracting them. That's pretty weird! I mean, they can't eat the plastic (I don't think...O_O) so WTF?! Ants are so bizarre.

11. My worse was when Soom send my Ender off to someone else in Russia and I got her doll. I had a fullset minus the blushing and faeup on the Anubis head. Mine was to be painted, with the clothes and staff, which belonged to another member.

So he shipped, and when he arrived I was squealing with joy. But after I opened the box, realized nothing was in it like there was suppose to be, I was like, maybe it's inside the bag? Open the bag, realize the doll is blank....and burst into tears. And then Soom thought I was lying when I told them! It made it worse! Eventually it worked out, I got a refund for the face, the other girl shipped my stuff, and Soom even send me some pants when they had to mail me the correct eyes. But it really stressed me out.

12. It was nice of them to send an extra pair of pants, but it seems that Soom isn't the best about customer service. I've seen several other members post about issues with them on this same thread, and they seem flakey at best when it comes to resolving issues.

13. Well, it helped the other girl contacted them saying she got extra stuff she hadn't ordered, and I sent pictures of what I had. Victoria even called me twice! Sometimes I think it's miscommication.

14. There are some seriously sad occurrences in this thread!! I'm glad they're not all totally devastating, though. I've had a couple of bad things happen, one of which is still ongoing and may never be resolved...

A friend's BJD was visiting here for a glue sueding (plus he has resin friends here). I was taking photos of him and some of my BJDs, when he fell over onto carpet and broke a finger! I felt horrible, and told my friend the very next time I talked to her on the phone. I repaired the finger and the break was barely visible and was very strong... but she swapped out his hand and he hasn't worn it since. I still feel awful about that.

And I sent a BJD head to an artist to be modded more than a year ago. I told her I wasn't in any hurry. Communication was always fine, and the artist had good feedback... but after seven months, the artist disappeared and hasn't been seen or heard from since October 2011. I am worried that something bad has happened to her, that's the worst thing. I contacted friends and people local to the artist, but no one has spoken with her. I have since replaced the head, because it wasn't expensive or limited, but... I just wish I had the original one back, and that I knew the artist is okay.

Linda S.
      galatia9

15. well, i have had one fall. i had him by my bed while i re-arranged the other side of my room. a mirror fell behind my dresser and cased some stuff to crash onto my desk. i pick it all up and turn around. there he is on the floor clear away from the drama but no, he has two broken fingers. i am swearing up a storm as he was 7 feet away.

other than that i have had a crazy lady try to snatch Nicky from me at a show. i put him down to look at some lace and i see a hand go past my hip. so i picked him up thinking she wanted to see what was under him. nope. she steps closer to me and gets a hold of his arm. not a word from her. yes, i bit her head off. she then asked to see him, assuring me she had bjds too. when i repeated no, i didn't want her to touch him, she was making me uncomfortable (my parents had both vanished and i couldn't find anyone i knew) it became a joke. she followed me for like 10 minutes trying to snatch him. finally found my parents and dodged her the rest of the day. just plain weird.

16. Oog...I suppose my worst experrience has been the combined $300-400 I've lost to a scammer and to Mio (who could also be a scammer, but I'm like 95% sure has died). Ah, and I accidentally produced a gouge in the leg of my beloved (and apparently irreplaceable, now) tan Lishe while trying to restring her. *sigh* But, I've had a lot of great experiences to balance things out :)

17. A doll stalker? Now that's just plain freaky! 0_o
      I'm going to remind myself to carry pepper spray when I take my doll out in public.

18. My worst doll experience? Haa.....This one is still fresh in my mind because of it being such a horrible experience.

I was new in the hobby and was ordering my second doll a 21cm Obitsu and I found TheSpyderDuster (not caring if I say names because she is a seller) on DeviantART and after complimenting her on the homemade eyes she made for a friend's Obitsu she said she was taking comissions.

Well I had a specific look in mind for my little boy (which since the incident has changed dramatically) so I asked my parents I got the okay and put in an order for custom 10 mm eyes and a green wig.

Well I told her exactly what I wanted my wig to be length wise and when she completed the 'prototype' she said she used an anime character's style in the description to base the wig off of. It was the right color, even had the highlights I wanted but it was too goddanged short! I thought stupidly: "Maybe it's longer then it looks?"

Then got told despite the measurements...It was too small and she even suggested I sent my Riven to her (I hadn't even had him yet when I had the comission done) and she again offered another comission only for a face up as well since she knew he was blank.

I felt so uneasy that I declined and that was the end of communication after I asked her about the eyes.

She announced she was pregnant a month later and stated she wouldn't be doing anymore comissions.

She was. Pictures, comics, selling at conventions but every attempt I made at contacting her I was flat out ignored. I was furious and after talking to some people who've had bad experiences I finally canceled the order and you know what her excuse was!?

"I lost hope and assumed you moved on."

Bull.Shit.

I was so furious that I left bad feedback silently grateful that I hadn't payed for it yet or I would have been f*cking screwed. And I have a bad feeling that I would have never seen my baby again if I sent him to her to get fitted for a wig.

Luckily Emory to the rescue so to speak. He the same day this happened got in a shipment of Glib Chara eyes in the shade of blue I wanted for Riven and as soon as my birthday came and went I ordered my boy his eyes, my bitty bitsu and Nano-Gretel head and also ordered him a wig off of ebay in black that I wanted.

All in all...It was just a terrible experience that leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever I think of it. Luckily I know better now. I will either be making my own wigs buying them from trusted sellers (and I know you all will warn the rest of us if someone flaked on you) getting eyes from the same place I ordred them from or bust. My ResinSoul Mei now has a specific character so her default eyes I don't care what they look like as long as I don't have to find beads to use as temporary.

Another bad experience was from some spoiled brat who's parents gave her all the BJD's she wanted who said to me and I quote: "If you want an Obitsu go buy a liv doll." On a video I made so proud to have my first doll home.

So yeah.....My bad experiences and yeah I'm still a little pissed and am glad Riven looks nothing like his original design besides his blue eyes.

19. My worst experience is with shipping! Ok so I bought my doll and I received her shipping notice which was all very fast so I went to the post office to put a hold on my mail for over a week (I didn't trust my mail man as he had ripped open Christmas cards and damaged other boxes yes I reported him!) Ok so I knew that evening that my doll would be in the city to pick up the doll the next day so I went right when the post office was open to pick up my "held mail" mind you I still had a couple days they were holding it for. I purposefully planned this so I could pick up my doll at the post office. Well they take me into the managers office and tell me to wait 15 min go by "They are still looking" I was getting so nervous how do you miss a giant iplehouse eid box?!?!?!?! Finally they said to me, "Oh you were so lucky the mail man had loaded him in the car for delivery and we caught him right before he left." I was so angry ... what is the point of putting mail on hold if he takes it anyway!!!!! Well I got my doll and mail and told them that they could resume sending me my mail I was so mad though! Reason why I did this is because my other doll when she came in they delivered to our neighbors across the street! With a huge hole in the box no less! Lucky for me that neighbor happens to be my fiance's grandparents house. Still a huge inconvience and a terrifying one cause the doll said "Delivered" yet I didn't have it! Just lucky for me my fiance's grandparents were like we got your mail. However all did not fair so well with my Christmas gift from my mom (coasters and a handmade purse) the neighbors (not grandparents) opened the package then returned to me .... So leery about anything Dollie that is sent my way!