1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

worst part of the sculpt?

Aug 22, 2008

1. A lot of people don't like sculpts with big eyes and small mouths. I'm actually more annoyed by sculpts with small eyes and big mouths, or mouths that stick out too much, or have big noticable...you know that indent between the nose and the mouth? I've seen a lot of dolls that would look much nicer if that part of them wasn't so pronounced. Strange or disproportionate mouths in general tend to annoy me the most.

2. I kind of feel the same way about El. Pointy nose is too pointy.

3. to bring this thread back to life xD;;;;

i got a an Elfdoll Reminisce June (on the old body), which i modded and dearly love now but here is a few complaints:
      - the line where the shoulder and neck met was oddly shaped (i modded that tho, yay :D!)
      -the balance is quite a bit worse then a delfs (i have been spoiled U___U)
      -the back was ridiculously arched! i modded that but there is only so much that can be done Q____Q

but over all not too bad xD i have seen and herd of worse!

4. It is just part of most dolls, but I don't like the tree trunk lower legs. I like a doll with some calf and curvature at the ankle. I'm not going to point out specific dolls.

I also don't like simplistic dolly hands. I like some texture and I plan to work on the palms of my dolls and enhance any detail I can on their hands and feet.

When the eyes have gaps in the socket. I know some mod work can help, but still don't like that.

5. The only thing I don't like about my new Iplehouse YID is her ears...they are kind of a weird shape!

6. soom's SG joints.
      I hate all those locking system! it's hard to get them back in the original place and I think it limits the posing because you can only go where there are dents :/ in between pose are not accepted <.<

euclase's super thin nose. how could he even breath with that???

soom SG girl hands, I find them kinda manly. just a tiny bit, but still.

glorydoll's bodies. they are ugly. period. (for my taste at least :sweat )

wow, I seem to be hating soom tonight! xD;; but no, I love them very much actually ^^

7. They are also large and clunky compared to everything else @__@

I also think the feet on the SG are a tad too small proportionately.

8. I love my doll zone doll, heck he's my favorite, but I really dislike his long neck. It can look good sometimes but at other angles its horrid

9. I just recently got a Soulkid Amy. She is beautiful, and I love everything about her except her GIGANTIC hands and feet. They are seriously huge!

10. I love my kdf Darae, but she has horrible ears! they're too big! although I like them in some ways... XD

11. I have a few!

the hands on the SD DollLeaves boys are just awful! I LOVE the body, it's gorgeous, but those hands are so thin and girly and the web between the thumb and first finger is non-existent, which just looks mal-formed and gross to me. Hence why my DL hybrid has AoD hands now. lol

On the RingDoll and BlueBlood SD boys, the boy bits are so tiny, they're like child sized, but the rest of the doll is gorgeous. I suppose this is a small price to pay for such pretty dolls, but it's enough to bug me when the doll is undressed.

The first DragonDoll Uncle body was ruined by the feet. The bottoms of the feet were just cut off flat like a cheap action figure's, no sculpting at all. This was actually a HUGE reason I sold mine shortly after I got him. I'm not sure if their newer versions are better, since that turned me off of DragonDoll for good.

12. I adore my Dollzone Hal and how well his double-jointed MSD body poses... But seriously, his knee joints are very ugly and angular XD. It doesn't stop me from loving him to bits, but those knees aren't going to win him a beauty prize.

13. I love my Luka (Souldoll Vito Lester) and his manly body, but his huge thighs... oh ,just come on, souldoll... no skinny jeans for my boy :(

14. I love the DoD sculpts, but at certain angles I find some of the noses to be rather large (like from the side.) I always imagine that a skateboarder could use it as a ramp or something. :?