1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

worst part of the sculpt?

Aug 22, 2008

1. Ha ha the new DiM msd size body XD wtf is with the circle in the middle of the knee? o.o

Hara's huge head. ha ha

most dollzone's upper lip. It's...just weird looking to me ^^;

bluefairy niky's lips from the profile view. I think it's his...they look very flat and weird D:

2. That's the problem though, they're already so thin and spidery that, sure you can sand them to have more human features, but then they'll just be thin and spidery humanish hands, lol, still not properly proportioned or styled.

3. Ugh, I am currently very, very annoyed with my Latidoll Blue girl's legs-they keep swiveling around at the knees! It makes it a bit hard to get her to stand even a little while I pin a hem.

I love the new Doll in Mind boy bodies, but the KNEES! They're double jointed knees and they're literally little CIRCLES there on the knee caps! I love the rest of the body, but those are just absolute dealbreakers for me.

4. Delf boys drive me nuts with their tendancy towards knee-buckling and kickiness (I'm a lousy restringer, I admit! :sweat), as well as their "popping torsos", though I am in awe of the Type 3 body's poseability.

And don't get me started on SD17 boys. They look SO AMAZING and can assume such an incredible array of poses. But I could barely get mine to sit down -- he had so many leg/hip joints to arrange, none of which seemed to want to cooperate. :| And his fancy knee joints looked so fragile it made me nervous.

5. Moulin yes their legs are very nice and long ;)

Wee_Little_Faerie *_* that's really too bad! maybe reshaping them a bit after heating them up might help the look slightly better?

Dolly i guess more possibility isn't always a good thing :sweat

6. my Mecha Angels arms at shoulders bother me sometimes, I love his sculpt apart from that! ther ball of the arm makes them stick out really weird, I'm thinking about beveling out the cup in the torso so his arms sit closer to the body

7. But we are criticizing our own dolls, not someone else's XD.

The only thing I dislike about my Lahoo are his hands, I wish they were more detailed since it is a body part that shows often in pics:sweat

8. Zinkyufox - I have a Hound. I'll trade you Kristoff's butt for Kaymen's butt anytime! I call
      Dollshe's the 'no butt boys!'.

Moulin - Fold a piece of cardboard and insert it between the neck and the back of the
      head. This helps to make Hound's look down. The thicker the cardboard the
      more he'll be able to look down.

9. Delf girls, HUGE asses...everything else look adorable though ^^;

10. I cannot stand my DIM Benetia's gigantic hands. It isn't the hand itself that is large it is the thumb. Her thumb is unnaturally sticking to far out. It takes me almost an hour and a plastic bag to get her hands through sleeves. That is if I can even get them through. I swear one of these days her thumb is just gonna pop right off.

11. Bodies without upper torso joints, definitely. I want my dollies to be able to bend! Basically I don't like bodies that can't do lots of poses XP Also, when I had a DDII body her shoulders popped out of their sockets CONSTANTLY and it drove me nuts!

~Ari

12. My Abio Angels both have horrible hands...with gross long noodley fingers x_x
      They hardly even fit through anything!

And their huge gaping knee joints. So scary!

13. Now that I've had a MNF living in my house for a few months, I've finally noticed just how much I really wish ANY of my dolls had cutely shaped knees like he does. >.< DoC's are the most frustrating because they are irritatingly smooth and shapeless. UGH.

14. Air :3 thank you for understanding, it seems un-detailed hands are a big problem! xD

byouyuuken really? i didn't notice :o maybe it's becouse i like curvy girls?

Tsukidoll monster thumb! :doh

ari_heian i understand how you feel, i like things that pose well too ;)

Rai_Kun you put it best, i knew they reminded me of something but couldn't quite put my finger on it xDDD;;;

InkyBear i don't like shapeless dolls :sweat

15. I hate the new lati yellow bodies! HATE THEM! They have weird elbow joints that are always popping out and collapsing on themselves. The magnet hands are the worst invention ever. The magnets keep falling out and you lose the hands, and because of the magnets their wrists are way too long and it looks creepy. I understand the allure of being able to change the doll's hands quickly and easily but it's such an ugly design! I'd rather take the extra time to restring my doll's hands and have it look nice!

16. I wish Delf girl bodies had double jointed elbows so they could touch thier face. Other than that, though, I LOVE Delf girl bodies. ^^ So glamorous!

When I had my Soom Gena, resin shavings kept coming out of her knee joints. It was REALLY annoying! I tried many things to fix the problem, like washing her really well, using a vacumn to suck out the shavings, see if I could figure out where it was coming from, and hot-glue sueding, and it all proved futile. -_- I have since sold her, but if I ever buy a Soom girl again, she will be a hybrid with a non-soom body.

17. I love my DZ girls. But,I wish DZ would make double joints (knee & elbows) and swivel thighs.:roll:

18. I love my B&G girl, but her butt is huge. I also don't like how much her thumb sticks out, I mean it's a nice shape, and I'm not really complaining, but it means that all of her sleeves have to be baggy, and that's just annoying. Limits fashion choices ya know (since removing hands is just to much work when I change her clothes every day).
      Other then that, I have no complaints.

19. Mimou they forgot the visual appeal vs. flexibility :|

Anya'sMom yes the girl delfs have such nice body! but that whole arm thing near the face :x
      oh dear! soom must drill the holes instead of cast them

danny35 some of them are quite lovely :D but no fancy joints i guess ^^;

MinekaC. too bad the sculptor wasn't consider owners who like to change doll clothes often! :roll:

20. Iii have another on my bobobie. Without her arms wired she smacks herself in the face all the time! It was funny the first few times and now when it happens I'm praying she wont loose a finger! >.> That and she looks like a boy IMO. But its prolly just how I have mine dressed. Looks like she's wearing her big brothers hand me downs half the time XD

Those hands though. Oi. Must reshape! And must wire or she's going to chip herself somewhere.