1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

worst part of the sculpt?

Aug 22, 2008

1. My doll (DZ Mo) torso joint (?) seems to pop a lot. And it seems like his boy part is a little big. I have to position his crotch in his pants so he is dressing to the left side. I want to sand him down but my husband won't let me.

flurryofdancingflames -I also agree that some DollZone's upper lips seem a little weird. But I always liked the Mo's lips. But it does give them an unique look.

2. The worst part about the CP type 2 body sculpt is that the chest doesn't have much posing opportunity. I love the look of the CP legs and their beautiful hands but, I really want the split chest scuplted bodies...so I'm thinking about buying my doll another body that has more posibility. :)

3. I absolutely love my Lati Blue boy - he's got an amazing and detailed sculpt BUT.

a) His elbows drive me insane. They've got a little circle that locks the arm straight, and the two indents on the other side so you can use the double joint. BUT. They keep on flipping around at the elbow, and then when I go to pose him I have to switch it back. He also doesn't like to keep his arms straight, but that's the stringing.

b) Purtay bodies, except... No upper torso joint, so no slouch.... But then the chest is pleasant to look at, so it's okay. Also, his legs make up about 60% of his height, which is something that takes a WHILE to get used to.

But ah well. He's lovely, otherwise.

4. I agree with Loagaeth. I plan on getting a DOI Luke next summer, but his ears irk me. Sooo big! D8 I wish I could sand them down, but they stick out, too! I'm sure I'll get over it, though n__n His sculpt is so beautiful!

Aaand, the DOT bodies. I love how they look, but buying clothes for them is like a very long scavenger hunt with an obscure, partially burned map. Minus the fun. However, if DoD ever changed the DOT bodies, I'd be very sad ;3; I love their lankiness! Just...not the clothing difficulty that comes along with it u__u

5. DOT Legs! OMG! Their arms are wonderously posable, their legs can only bend 90 degrees at the hips and knees, and slightly outward, THAT'S IT! I wish DOD would finally give those poor DOTs better legs like what the idols and DOC have.

Love my E-an, hate her legs.

6. Oizys maybe she's trying to get your attention? ;)

Miss Deep sand it down a little when he's not looking :lol:

Hitomifrens it is nice to look at through *3* becouse of no torso joint they even have some trouble sitting, more so if they are loosely strung DX

Lelite floppy arms :B 60% that's so long :o

Chopsticks oh no! xD i didn't know there was so much trouble with their clothes

7. The worst part about my CP Dreaming Shiwoo is his nose, it's so pointy - I'm more for small and flat noses. I'm glad that I sanded his nose a little so it's not that pointy anymore.

8. One thing that I find really hard to accept is doll hands... My Kid Delf's fingers are such little sausages, but it fits her immature body, it's just so hard to get used to!

9. I don't like how my Catish Vnu's hand is opened so much that some clothes won't fit because I can't get her arm through...

10. For me it's the knees as I see in just about every doll a lack of either staying straight due to both lack of texture and lack of depth in joint. I mean I don't mind sueding a dolls knees, but if they make the joint tight glue isn't going to work to make texture, but only make it go funny.

11. Having an abio angel boy I have to say, his hands ;__; and his fish-like ribs xD so weird!

12. I have a dollshe boy, and that freakin waist joint was driving me bonkers so I hot glued it down :D
      Also his ass is waaaay too small, he's a big boy he should have more junk in the trunk.

Another thing that bugs me is that a lot of boy dolls have really little winkies, I almost feel sorry for em hehehe.

I love my cp girls, so curvy, wide hips, big butt and nice boobage, yes they're kicky but I am awesome with a glue gun and sueding does wonders :)

13. The minimee body curves insanely. It drives me insane, as Kalik always seems to be curved back, staring at the wall. I always pop the torso to slouch a bit, but it generally likes to suddenly pop back, flinging his wig off and snapping at my fingers! It's a vicious little thing.

14. SD10 boy/girl and SD13 girl hands are the biggest irritant for me. They're so fat and clunky, even the slightly elongated H-09s that SD13 girls have. They don't match the grace of the rest of the SD body IMO. Plus, they're so ridiculously out of scale it drives me nuts.

These are the only Volks hands that bother me. MSD and Yo-SD hands are just as chubby and out-of-proportion, but since they're small children it doesn't bother me. And I actually like SD13 boy hands, even though they're out of proportion too.

15. I don't have a problem or anything but my brother, mom, and doll friends love to joke about how tiny my DOC Too's boy parts are. Practically microscopic. On the plus side, no akward bulge, but I kinda think my boys are a little depressed because of it. XD

16. The old Iplehouse bodies had an underwear joint that would pop out at the slightest provocation--I've actually in the process of replacing all my old Iplehouse bodies with new Iplehouse bodies. So much better. Oyyy.

17. It's a little awkward saying it, but the way Nicolette's crotch is sculpted. It's just entirely too thick, and because of that, whenever I sit her down, she sits with her knees apart. To the point where it's masculine. I think someone on here once mentioned that Fantasy Doll girls couldn't sit like ladies, and I totally agree. Other than that, I love every bit of my girl.

18. Whoo! I can make quite a list. While I love my dolls, I'm well aware that most of them are far from perfect. So here's a ridiculously long list of all the various heads and bodies I have and my various complaints.

DZ Cherry, old body type- The head I love, she's a bit tricky when it comes to faceups and trying to get her to look less startled, but that's it for the head. The body. Ooooh the body. She has a massive chest, her body is quite beefy and her arms and legs kind of spidery. Her fingers are obnoxiously far apart and the hands aren't as finely sculpted as I would like. Her ankle joints do practically nothing to help pose her feet.

DZ 44cm girl body- Actually I love this body sculpt, the only problem I have his the lower body likes to spin around a lot, but none of my minis are sueded, s that might be a problem. The old 44cm girl hands are kind of blah, and totally useless when it comes to posing their wrists, but the new version of the hands are awesome. Sort of limited neck posing, a little sanding (that I've never gotten around to doing!) could fix this up though.
      I have lots of floating DZ heads:
      DZ Fenyo head- Eyelids are sort of thick. Some eyes are almost invisible in her head, since she's got such closed eyes. Very pointy nose and ducky looking lips that took some getting used to before I loved them. I actually sanded down her nose a bit though.
      DZ Tintan head- Nothing much, besides the fact that she's kind of ugly (oh, but I love her!) her teeth are kind of hard to paint?
      DZ Shoyo head- Her lips are too parted! They are a pain in the butt to paint, especially the corners of the mouth. I can't stand that about this sculpt.
      DZ Yume head- Painted on fangs?! Noooo thank you. When I get around to it I'm going to sand those lip connector thingies off
      DZ Bili head-Oh, she's just adorable! Nothing wrong with her <3
      How did I end up with so many DZ heads O_o?!

DZ 44cm boy body- Same problem with his lower body spinning around a lot. That's pretty annoying. But again, he's not sueded either. Also the same problem with the head posing. Even the old version of the boy hands are nice looking though.
      DZ Megi- He's a cutie <3

Plastic Flower heads- Okay, I'm like one of 3 people who actually own plastic flower heads, so yeah... but anyways, For both the Nia and Ma-u that I have, their ears are very roughly sculpted. And my Ma-u has very thick eyelids

DZ Bunny- So hard to get it to pose! That little thing is always just in a fetusy bent-at-all-the-joints pose because that's just how it naturally goes. Also, it has girly parts, totally WEIRD for a bunny. I'd like to keep it naked, but I don't want anyone to ask why my bunny doll has a bunnygina.

Soom Gena- She's very... roughly... cast. She had a itty bitty chip in her eyelid and some thin parts in her chest and a few other things wrong with her when I got her. Her hands are tiny, and that kind of weirds me out. I used to hate her torso, but it's kind of grown on me. She's got a kind of big slab of a torso with a pair of very perky and round boobs way too high up on her chest, one of those invisible-wonder-bra torsos.

Soom Namu Head- I love him <3

Bobobie 60cm Boy body- UGH, this body enrages me! I'm impressed with it when other people have it, but I don't like dealing with it on my own. My main problems are the chest, it's weird looking. The hands are too rubbery and tiny and weird. It's FLOPPY! SO FLOPPY! I can not for the life of me pose this body! I hate the way it's strung. It has an obnoxiously large penis! My boy can't wear shiny leather pants because when it sits its so obviously RIGHT THERE! It's also really ugly looking. And his double jointed knees just make me angry D:

Bobobie Apollo head- I'm not a fan, I just have it because I needed the body and like having floating heads to mod and do faceups on. Apollo is too... bird boned for my taste. Same with the body, I like what other people do to it, but I'm not fond of having one for myself.

Bobobie March- Her head is a pain in the butt to pose! She just likes to look down and at an angle. Her hands are blah, and her arms are kind of hard to pose. She has elf ears, which I personally don't like, so I sanded them off.

Iplehouse Barron- :D I love everything about him and the IH male body (the one with the 2 piece torso, I forget the name).

Iplehouse Gentle Soo-ri head- Also perfect!

AiL Chloe head- I love her!

Dreaming Doll 60cm girl body- The torso is sooooooo beautiful. BUT her back arches like CRAZY. There's nothing to stop her from practically arching in half. It's really hard for her to stand because of this. Her hands aren't perfect, I don't know what it is about them, but they are just not perfect. Her knees aren't as defined as I'd like them to be. And her legs seem asymmetrical to me. She came with really big and sharp seam lines. I sanded them down some, but I'm actually going to have to use some apoxie on them, because if I sand them all the way down, I'll be taking a good sized chunk out of her. I'm mostly just picky about this body because the torso is so beautiful, I want the rest of the body to be perfect, but I know it's not.

Woo, that was longer than I thought :sweat I just like to complain I think!

19. After re-stringing and pliver sueding and hot glue sueding and lots of colorful language... my kid delfs still have kicky legs. :evil:

My MSD and Unoa boy have lovely body sculpts but almost no wrist posing ability! I love posing the doll to be resting on its hands and they can only bend so far back. :|

20. I hate DOT ankles....I love my MSD's feet, but my DOT....I want to give him ankle joints like hers and do something to his crazy huge feet, but instead I just keep his boots on. heh. and he's so thin he can wear most of my MSD's shirts....he's just an awkward size, but I love it most of the time.

My MSD....I really hate her head mold >_>;; but not on mine....Its weird...I saw a couple recently and thought I didn't like that mold only to find out its the one I have!! But I love my girl and think she is adorable...Also she is very pudgey....and her nipples!! I had to sand them down because they were actually painful....o.o