1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

worst part of the sculpt?

Aug 22, 2008

1. I used to dislike Little Dal's (AoD An) eye sculpt. His eyes just seemed too long and lacking in detail. The dreadful eye make up he came with from the company made it even worse. His character wears glasses so I just ignored it for awhile. I finally sent him for a new face up this spring and now, although his eye sculpt is still not as beautiful as his adult self's (Volks Alain) The difference is night and day!

His head cap is a nuisance to remove, but I do like his body, posability (for a single jointed body), hands, boy parts... and of course that adorable little mouth of his :)

2. This is something I wish DOD would work on too. =P It's not a big bother to me, but it'd be extra nice to have double jointed knees+elbows.

One thing that bothers me about the DOT male body is their looooooooooong legs! They're so long and skinny that when I put certain clothes on him, his legs look a bit out of proportion. =0 I wish I could chop a few centimetres off his legs haha.

3. The thing that made me sell my Peroth was his upper lip...it reminded me of Dr. Finklestein from Nightmare before Christmas!I loved him till I noticed it and after that,all I could do was stare at that lip and go through movie dialoque in my head.

Ugh,DoD.I looooove my Shall but why did they have to come out with the double jointed arms AFTER I bought her!! She could do with being a bit more poseable in general but the arms especially.I also have the same issue with the knees.Also,old DoC boy body is blah.Virtually no poseability.Very stiff and not realistic at all.

Another big issue for me is my DiM Minimee body.Extremely arched back,cant hold a pose with his chest popped forward and his hands slip out of his wrist balls.Its a great cheap body, its a nice looking sculpt and I knew it was going to need some work when I bought it.My boys do look great on it even with its issues.

4. I don't have my camine anymore, but the things that bothered me were probably his lack of knee poseability (I did like the locking system though), the symmetrical hands (I dislike that on any mold for the most part), and his profile. He was cute from the front though, imo. C:

My hound. Oh, my hound. I love that doll to pieces, but that waist joint/popping belly of doom is so annoying. He also gives me RAPTOR ARMS a lot, but I think with some sueding he should be fine.

5. I agree; I have a Magie (same head as Sakura) and while she's my first and my favorite I have trouble liking other versions of the doll ^^;;. I think she looks better in person than in photos, since someone else in town has a few Myus and I always think they're super cute every time I see them.

I like her pudginess but then again my Magie is a little girl so she should be a little pudgy!

6. The worst, and just about only bad, part of my boy is his zombie hands.
      They don't really like to fit easily into tight-sleeved shirts and it's a little
      hard to make them look natural, but they're wonderfully detailed and all
      so that makes up for it ^^

7. DoT boy body: He has horrible cankles and his legs really don't pose very well at all.

MNF old boy body: I hate the lack of a high middle torso joint, he feels so stiff and straight backed. His waist joint barely moves. Also, kicky legs and snappy neck.

Fdoll boy body : The thighs keep turning outward making him frog legged. His navel is just a little hole instead of the cute thing my DoT has and of course his NIPPLES OF DOOM.

AoD boy body: I really don't like the funky shape of the ribcage, it looks like he's sucking in and holding his breath. And here's a sentence I never thought I'd say - I like penises but his is just too large. I shouldn't be able to see that he's not circumcised through his pants.

8. Missie L do you have a new or old body? :o

animemom ack knees are really hard to sculpt and make remotely functional

Shin~ fishy ribs >3

Giovanna dollshe dolls small buts are part of the reason i wouldn't consider getting one xD;;;

Quilibet finger biter 8O!

imhitomi poor boys :lol:

Fango DeMaria man girls :shudder

pantogogue it's alright to complain so much, that's what this thread is for ;)

Piyoko that pointy? :o

9. I'd have to say the one thing I hate on my new boy Adonis is the double locking torso. It takes a lot of effort to get him to sit up straight. Normally he ends up hunched over....D:

When it comes to Draven (DZ Assassin Hid) the one thing I dislike about him is the odd elbows. He's got this oddness about them that they jut out if you put them straight and sometimes make him look a little ala Mr. Burns from the simpsons.

As for Shoji (DoC Hoo [f]) I can't say I dislike anything on him. The one thing I don't like though is that his arms refuse to stay up. I think it's a matter of finding someone who can fix that for me. Other than that I love everything about Shoji.

10. As for the Delf El (type two), I'm sad for his legs and torso. Almost no posability except for in his arms, and his legs are so thin he topples over (even while sitting!). I used to wonder how much of it was due to stringing, but even after so much restringing, sueding, and wiring, he's still "a lump" of pretty resin. His nose also looks quite a bit beaky, and his eyes are pretty long/wide. AND HIS HANDSSSS. I keep thinking one of his fingers is just going to snap off at some point X__X Also, every time I turn his head to the side, his protruding upper lip keeps making me think of the simpsons.. XD;

For Elfdoll - The posability is shot. Completely. XD; He can't sit right, he can stand, but with no real posing; there are no outstanding poses, and there are rarely even "regular" poses. For every 5 minutes I have to struggle with my El, I struggle with the poor Wu for 20. Of course, this could just be because I'm not "working" him right..... (Dear Rainyman, double-joint systems are a good thing!)

I can't complain about the SSDF head yet, since I'm still enamored with it completely.

The RML R-01's eyes are a bit round, but I'm learning to live with it.

Edit: Looking at all the faults I've pointed out, I'd almost wonder why I even have the dolls, but... I love them, dearly. Even if I do use doll-stands more than the average Joe on this board.;

11. LOL! I have Souldoll Asiter and Souldoll Clara. You want to see a bubble butt, Clara definitely has one! I love their butts though. :)

12. Leeke Mihael's eyes. Too small... far too small. I still LOVE him, and I'm buying one, I'm opening his eyes, however.

13. I love my old Soul Doll body (I have a Paris), but it would be nice if he had more mobility in his torso joint. Of course, SoulDoll put out new bodies anyway, so that's been taken care of (however, I wouldn't put his head on the new body, I still like the old one too).

It would be nice if my 60cm Soom's hands were a little larger, same with my Bobobies.

My 58cm Serendipity boy body's hand position seems a bit stiff--wish they were more relaxed (he would have an easier time holding his cig if they were ;)) I like the shape of my Fantasy Doll's hands, but if I could whip out a magic dolly wand I would make those a bit bigger too--though this is partly because the head I put on that body is larger and would look better overall with bigger hands.

I clearly seem to have a thing about hands, lol. Most of my bodies have little things about them that would be nice to tweak, however, I am overall very happy with everybody.

Edited to add: I would love it if more companies would put out a wider range of optional hands and feet. I wish I could get high heel feet for more of my girls, and have a wider choice of hand positions.

14. Fluryofdancingflames- are you referring to behind their knee caps in the back. My Benetia has that weird "circle" at the back of her knee. One knee seems a little out of wack and I know she probably needs to be restrung but I don't want to just yet. Lazy

15. My Mimi13 has an AngelRegion girls body... and I actually rather like how the resin feels... but the hands really bother me! Basically, I need to seperate the fingers. ¬_¬

16. I love my Elfdoll girls, but what I don't like about the old bodies are the wobbly ankles. The LB Rainys tend to have the chest thrust but my LB has been pliver sueded so she stands well and doesn't have the bust thrust.

Limhwa - beautiful body but I hate the torso joint. It not only arches back, it shifts to the side. I finally pliver sueded her and she can at least sit w/o popping to the side.

Yukinojo - I hate the barrel chest and lack of definition. He's the only doll I haven't body blushed because there is no point.

Soom Super Gem - the torso joints on both the male and female. I pliver sueded them so they hold their pose.

17. I'm not a fan of how deep the separation between Chen's lips are- he's an AOD and this is a tiny gripe, but it means removing my first crappy faceup was *hell*. It ended up wedged in there anyway, just a tiny trace of paint, but I had to work on top of it. His knees are slightly wonky, too- and his headcap only comes off with a clatter, like I broke it.

18. Hmm, my B&G Doll won't sit up straight. It takes a lot of work to make her sit up even halfway straight, but yeah.

I don't have one, nor have I seen one in person but the Dream of dolls look like they have very large noses... like they stick out too far. Or atlest the DOCs do.

19. Dollzone Ying: Lack of poseability in his legs and the fact his torso joint likes hanging to the side. Also needs to be strung tightly as hell else he bends forward over his knees. Not so much a bother as a "why is it there?": those schoulder caps. Not strong enough to keep his arms up if needed anyway so why are they there?

DoI Luke: EARS. Visually not so bothersome, dressing wise it's horrible. Extremely moveable kneejoints so his lower legs like swiveling around.

Narin 60: Not much posing to be done with his legs, very bad balance for standing compared to my other boys. Almost forgot about his awkwardly placed peen that makes it hard to get pants to fit in combination with his larger than average booty.

My Lion is still just a head but I'm sure I'll be bothered by some things once his muscle body comes in.

20. Iplehouse girl body: Mobility joints. Why oh why did I choose mobility joints? All it does it make her thighs pop out and her legs twist around so she can't pose at all. I finally just glued the two parts together so she could have a normal leg.

Lati Redline: Old body, old knee system. They have to pop out to lock, but it doesn't work too well. Instead, he's always getting his legs twisted around backwards and popping in on themselves and whatnot. I'm hoping the new body fixed that.

Hound: Double jointed fug knees. As long as they're in pants, they're fine. But I can't stand the site of them uncovered -__-

Domuyma Flexi Perennial: She looks great in clothes, but naked, her torso is long. Like, really long and way too thin. I tend to have her pop it forward to slouch, so she doesn't look as oddly proportioned.

Soulkid old body: They had chunk hands and chunk feet. Very unshapely. And they had like a belly paunch that I hated. I finally sold that body though.