1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would/do your male dolls wear eyelashes?

Jan 7, 2011

1. All of my dolls have eyelashes. I tend to trim the boys down a bit except for Florian, who has his original LE long lashes. They are a pain to put in, but I do maintain them on everybody. I just got some sets from Kemper that had uppers and lowers and used the lowers on a couple of male heads I was facing up for a friend. They were pretty short to start with and with minimal trimming worked well.

2. This is a great question - I prefer most of my male dolls to NOT have eyelashes! I don't like them on the male dolls and I didn't even realize this until I had a doll friend over one day and was bemoaning to her how I just could not "bond" with a newly face-upped doll, a mould that I normally love. She looked at him and said take off the lashes, we did and it was an instantaneous change - for the better! I find the lashes effeminate the male moulds too much for my taste.

3. Not all of my dolls wear eyelashes period. One of my females don't And a few of my guys don't. I have no problem with a doll with or without eyelashes. But I do have male dolls that wear eyelashes (more males than my females do actually) I have 2 male dolls that wear them. One of which has long lashes as he has more of a feminine personality...the other that has lashes are a bit shorter but he's not meant to be feminine and his look absolutely wonderful on him. As it's been said, both male and female humans have eyelashes so I don't feel any problem with a "manly doll" having eyelashes. Nor do I have problems with dolls not having eyelashes no matter the gender. It's just all down to personal preference as much is. In my preference, it depends the sculpt itself and sometimes even the character I have in mind for the doll. If eyelashes draw out something in the features I don't like, then they don't need them. But it they add to the sculpt in some way...then there ya go. =)
      As reference most of my dolls do not have eyelashes.

4. It really depends on the doll whether I want them to have eyelashes or not. One of my boys has a head mold that is originally a girl head mold and he doesn't wear eyelashes as I'm afraid it will make him look too girly. His masculinity is already stretched thin with the girly head mold. :sweat
      However some of my boys have half closed eyes and I love the additional dreamy look eyelashes can give. I tend to pick shorter and brown or lighter coloured eyelashes for my boys, but with some the dramatic look suits them.

5. All of my boys wear eyelashes - I really dislike how they look without them! I've had dolls arrive to me in the past without, such as my old Hound and Bermann, and adding eyelashes to them made a world of difference and made me enjoy the sculpt a lot more. I now keep spares around in case I get a doll without, or I don't like the ones they come with. It's an absolute must for me. :)

6. My 3 dolls have lashes but that's only because I got them with a face up....my Spinel's lashes came loose and I couldn't get them back on so took them off....and he looks just a lovely without them!....but I don't think lashes are essential on a boy...on a girl yeah:)

7. I go both ways with eyelashes on my boys, but it has to do with the sculpt rather than the fact that they're male dolls. The dolls that I own with more asian features look a bit odd to me with dark prominant lashes, so I leave them off. I've also left them off of my small mature boys, (my chiclines and Lumelight), because I found that the lashes shadowed their teeny tiny eyes a bit too much for my liking.
      But I've given some of my others very long lashes and I love the look so...*shrug*
      Like a few people have said, real life men sometimes have very beautiful eyelashes, (I know I envy my husband's-they rival the thickest, curliest lashes I have on any of my resin boys lol), so I suppose it just depends on your personal preference

8. My boys like the humans have eyelashes :) I like the way they looks!

9. I like lashes on both male and female dolls, as others have said - both have them in people! As well, as someone else pointed out, it's usually guys with the pretty camel lashes that we girls would die for. :) Dolls can still look beautiful without them but I find the effect isn't as good as a doll that has lashes. But that also depends on the lashes too I suppose!

10. I've got two male dolls that have eyelashes, and they don't really bother me. I did have eyelashes on one my Els for the longest time, but when they fell off I found that I liked his faceup much more. I agree with people that it really depends on the doll, and the look you're going for. My Souldoll Kagel has eyelashes and he's the manliest doll I own, yet they work to enhance the faceup, and not to make him look more feminine. I personally have never felt the need for all my dolls to have eyelashes, but I do think that, when used right, they can really add that extra "umph" to a faceup.

11. My girl doll has lashes, and so do my boys. They all look great with them! I love long eyelashes on guys, but I can certainly see taking the eyelashes off, should a mold dictate it. One of my boys has a certain sleepy expression, and if I took his eyelashes off, he'd look angry. With the eyelashes, he looks flirty.

12. My boys don't wear lashes. Saif used to, but the ones he came with seemed too long and I haven't bothered to get new ones.

13. I would include eyelashes on my male dolls if I had any. They wouldn't be as long or as thick as the ones I'd use on female dolls unless I was purposely trying to make him more feminine.

14. I much, much prefer a doll with eyelashes, male or female. I enjoy playing with the different combinations of eyelashes, to see what looks best and what fits the character. It's an aesthetic preference, and I will gladly rip out the eyelashes on a doll that doesn't look right with them, because sometimes no lashes suits a character. (I feel this way about lower lashes, too, and find it odd when a doll doesn't have them, but c'est la vie.)

My main boy-doll, Yánzi, is a very masculine character. His eyelashes, by themselves, are very femmy and long. But on him...they give his eyes a more smouldering, sultry look. He is still very masculine, and those eyelashes soften him up without taking away that masculinity.

I can't really take credit for choosing them, as he was customized by the lovely arrowchild, but hoooooooly cow she did a great job on him.

15. I agree with you, Katyok. That's my boy is getting very natural looking doll lashes while my girl stays with the human hair, very feminine ones. It's for realism's sake.

16. I have, and they can look quite good -- they just need to be trimmed down a bit more for the boys than the girls. However, I'm terrible at attaching them, so anymore I don't bother. It's one of those things where they can look fine either way, so I go with the path of least resistance (and gluey mess), lol.

17. Men have eyelashes, so I don't see why not?
      There's a million different kinds of lashes on the market tho, so there's bound to be a pair fit for a specific male doll you have in mind.

18. well My boy use to have eyelashes. But i took them out because everyone miss took him for a girl. I did send him away for a face-up and when he came back i put some eyelashes in but the just didnt look right to me. In my mind if you put eyelashe in some boy sculps they are going to look more like a girl.

19. Mine have them... I actually never though about it though. :) But I would say I prefer them with lashes than no lashes.

20. Mine have or are going to have lashes. I think they look strange and sort of wide eyed without them. Humans have lashes regardless of gender and I have seen some men with VERY long lashes. So the lash length depends on the character.