1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would/do your male dolls wear eyelashes?

Jan 7, 2011

1. That's the way they were ordered with the faceup so there isn't any point in removing them. I do admit a few of my dolls would look better without them.

2. All of the eyelashes that I have seen so far have been unsuitable to my taste unless the sculpt I own is a half closed eyes version. The eyelashes are usually too long, but I don't like shortening them it since the tips look barren and weird if you know what I mean. I own a doll with open eyes and I didn't add eyelashes because I feel it gives a heavy look, since his eyes have to 'carry' thick long eyelashes on top. But the head that I am sending for face-up at the moment is a half closed eyes version so the eyelashes will look great because it gives an extension to his innocent, dreamy look.

3. I think boy dolls can look good with eyelashes but maybe like a light brown or thinner ones to look more natural :)

4. I would love Ethan to have short light-coloured eyelashes, just to finish his face off. There looks to be something missing around the eye area and I think a soft brown lash would just lift it that little bit more.

Alex has never had lashes, but he has the thick black line from the default Ringdoll Sol face-up that looks more like eyeliner than eyelashes. Ethan was painted by me and I didn't want the eyeliner look, so I didn't do much around the eyes. Short brown lashes might look okay because guys do have lashes as well!

5. For me, it's up to each doll's character. I have one of my cute boy wear a very long eyelashes so he look cute. To tell you the truth, I prefer not to attach eyeslashes because it's harder to take a picture of the eye color. But I have to admit that eyeslashes can change doll character
      This is one of my boys, he changed his eyeslashes 2 times and then I throw it out.

[​IMG]
      ฝากรูป - mx7.com

And this is other boy, with and without eyelashes.

ฝากรูป - mx7.com

Sorry for those crappy picture. I don't have an actual camera yet so I used my iphone's camera.
      [​IMG]

6. All my boys currently don't have lashes, but I'm thinking about getting them some really thin/subtle ones in the future!

7. My DC boy came with eyelashes and I'm honestly debating on removing them in the future whenever he gets a new face-up. The reason being: his eye shape is very narrow and his eyelashes completely block his eyes.

#507 Clementine, Oct 2, 2017
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    8. Guys have eyelashes in real life, so I find it a bit odd if male dolls don't have eyelashes. I prefer them to wear eyelashes! Absurdly long eyelashes basically scream false eyelashes and eyelash glue to me, so the length mainly depends on the sculpt and the image intended for it.

9. All my bjds have eye lashes. I feel it gives them an element of realism. I've started putting eye lashes on my vinyl dolls too. I'm even considering putting eye lashes on my turtle from the mushroom peddler and turtles don't have eye lashes in real life. So we'll see how it looks :D

10. In reality, guys typically have longer thicker eyelashes than girls (forever jealous). So I think guy dolls look a little off without them. Of course you should also consider the look you are trying to achieve. For example, what I think is cool anyways, is that while girls can be commonly seen wearing mascara, a guy won't. So the eyelashes will look weird if they are black and his hair isn't. If his hair is blonde, then the eyelashes should also be blonde.

11. My boy (a Volks Commodore Williams, can see in my avatar) has top eyelashes that are installed by default from the company. I don't think it makes him look feminine at all. He'd probably be more accused for looking feminine for his long hair or his full lips. :lol:

12. My boy has eyelashes. (He's a deer, so he got really long ones, because have you seen deer eyelashes?) Please pardon his lack of hair otherwise, it's next on the list.

But real guys have eyelashes, and I draw all my OCs with eyelashes - sometimes really long ones - so yes, if I get more male dolls, they'll have lashes too.

[​IMG]

13. mmm It depends on the sculpt, Sometimes they just don't need them, I think, I only have one with eyelashes, the others do not need them

14. I think they sell very short lashes designed for males too (don't exactly remember where but I think it was dollmore?)
      I guess it would be a good choice if you want natural but not too feminine look for your boys :/

15. I tried without, I much prefer with. Even my fashion doll male with his tiny little eyes has lashes (originally human fake lashes) because I just like them :) If needed I shorten them by making a new base line with pva glue, this way i don't loose the thin edge, if that makes sense.

16. For me, I feel like there's something missing if the face doesn't have lashes. Personally, I prefer attached lashes on the top lid only, though I HAVE seen some neat examples of lashes added to both lids! I think that the drawn on lashes on the bottom lid can be quite elegant. I do tend to have a preference for very 'pretty' boys though, so I think if I ever invested in a more masculine male sculpt, I would probably give him a more subtle pair of lashes so that they weren't too distracting.

17. I think it's fine to have eyelashes as it looks more natural than hand-drawn ones, especially if the character has a very nice and piercing glare ^^

18. My first boy used to have them, but with his long hear he looked very girly. I decided to remove them, so none of my guys wear them. I don't mind them on others' dolls though

19. Yes, my male dolls do have eyelashes, and I never shorten them.

20. I think they look fine with lashes, and that it makes them look more natural/realistic. My first doll had eye lashes at one point I'm sure, but I guess the previous owner had them removed. :sweat