1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would/do your male dolls wear eyelashes?

Jan 7, 2011

1. Yes. Beyond the obvious reason that humans in general have eyelashes, I actually like men with longer eyelashes. I'd add eyeliner as well, because for some reason that's the only kind of make-up that works on a guy. I think it's because, whilst all humans start out with roughly the same size of eyes that don't grow along with them, men's skulls are larger (or, they grow to be larger post-puberty), so their eyes end up looking smaller and narrower compared to woman's. Eyelashes make eyes seem bigger, thus men who have them look "cute". And I like the pretty boy aesthetic, so I prefer it that way. lol

2. BJDs look strange without eyelashes to me.

3. I like the look of eyelashes on my male dolls. To me it's a finishing touch. I've seen some dolls that don't have lashes and they look amazing. It's case of what works for you and your dolls :)

4. I don't usually like attached eyelashes on my dolls. Out of about 30, only 2 have eyelashes and they're both male. One came that way from the manufacturer and the other I requested because he's based on a video game character who just happens to have long, feathery lashes!

5. All my dolls will have eyelashes, I love long eyelashes on boys in general (my son and husband both have long eyelashes makes me jealous)

6. I think eyelashes have something to do with makeup. If the style needs eyelashes, the makeup artist will add them to my dolls. This has nothing to do with gender

7. I like long lashes on guys. In fact, I think the ones on my boy are too short, and I might put in a second set to make them longer and thicker. That being said, I don't think I will put 3D ones on my other boy, but that is more due to the style I want for him specifically.

8. I think that the lashes add an extra touch, even for a masculine sculpt.

9. Yes! I think they add a nice, finished look. Yusisg mentioned them being part of makeup and I agree. I like to pick lengths and styles to match the look. Sometimes short eyelashes will do and still look masculine, but sometimes one of my boys needs some long fluffy ones.

10. Yes, because it will be weird without eyelashes for humans and BJD.

11. I'm planning on replacing the stock eyelashes on Coran to white ones eventually. I love eyelashes so he and my future dolls will probably always have them.

12. My first boy wears lashes, and my actual doll will wear lashes, when I'll do his face up. I just like it. But thats true that it depends on the character, how long will it be.

13. Yes, I really like long eyelashes on my boy dolls.

14. All my dolls are guys and they all have eyelashes. It completes the look of the faceup and like you mentioned, creates a more realistic look.

15. I think dolls look best with eyelashes, I haven't come across one that couldn't be improved without them. I've even put eyelashes on off-topic dolls, I think it helps a lot with the 'dead stare' that a lot of dolls can have. And, in a practical sense, I think it helps keep dust off the eyes, just like our own eyelashes do. :3