1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would/do your male dolls wear eyelashes?

Jan 7, 2011

1. Absolutely! I love boy dolls to have eyelashes and I'd never let my boy doll go without. In real life, it's usually the boys that have the longer lashes than girls anyway!

2. Male dolls with eyelashes looks beautiful ~ :nosebleed I like to see them wearing eyelashes ~ :aheartbea:XD:

3. <3 Male dolls with eyelashes. They're so..pretty, yet masculine? I dont really know how to describe it tho...

4. Some of mine do, some don't. They seem to make their preferences known. I wound up buying four pairs of eyelashes in different styles for one doll, before I finally figured out that he just didn't need them. So these days, I go off the face after it's painted. If it feels like it would benefit from eyelashes, I add them. If it seems like the lashes would detract, I don't.

5. Yea! All 3 of my BJDs (all male) have eyelashes ;)
      Main reason was I had them all with company default faceups and they put them on anyway...lol
      for myself, I just think it looks better that way xD it looks kind of strange to me when they have no eyelashes...
      I like them there especially when I'm taking closer photoshoots of their side faces :)

6. All of my guys have/had eyelashes. I mean, I've known ONE guy who didn't have eyelashes (well, he did have a few light blond hairs but they were barely visible), but he also didn't have eyebrows or body hair because he had some kind of a medical problem that also had something to do with having really pale blond hair. (I knew him as a kid, and I remember him agonizing over the possibility of not being able to grow facial hair when he gets older because he really wanted a beard).

I really love eyelashes on men because it's a small more feminine thing and it looks great. Sure, maybe dark black mascara-and-fake-eyelashes look isn't for everyone, but there's also a large selection of eyelashes of ALL colours that can be easily trimmed for a more "masculine" look. I mean, eyelashes correspond to hair colours, so I have every intention to arrange appropriately-coloured eyelashes for all of my guys (as I've done in the past) to avoid making them really obvious and fake. But I think eyelashes are important for a doll to look "complete", and without them the doll looks really naked. My most recent doll from Poppy came back to me with reddish-blonde eyelashes and he looks so cute!

7. Some of mine do, some don't. I think generally I don't put eyelashes on my boys. Not because of personal prefference, mind you, but as a matter of practicallity. They just seem to get crinkled up so quickly, and I really hate attatching new ones. So they get painted lower lashes and the standard dark painted line across the top.

8. Most of boys wear eyelashes as well. If they aren't, it's because I've either forgotten or I have plans to re-paint them in the near future. In fact, I think all but one of my boys has eyelashes, and that's because Nakota, my Gentle Akando needs a repaint something bad. lol

9. I have one boy who doesn't wear synthetic lashes, but I also have a girl who doesn't My other two girls have them, and the boy I'm planning will likely have them. The difference for me has nothing to do with masculine and feminine. It's the shape of the eyes in the particular sculpts and the paintjobs they have. My Elfdoll Mir has slightly closed eyes compared to many dolls and beautiful Asian features. He looks striking with just the painted lashes, and I feel that having synthetic lashes would possibly make his eyes less visible. His overall look is extremely realistic, and I don't feel any need to change his eyes. The same thing goes for my Binli girl. My Celine has very closed eyes, but the synthetic lashes closing them further suits her personality. She's a character with a lot to hide; so if eyes are the windows to the soul, it makes sense for hers to be slightly obscured. My next boy has more open eyes in his sculpt, so he will very likely have lashes. It just depends on how I feel it suits my doll once I try them.

10. Principally, no. Just a hint of eyelashes painted around the eye openings, but real eyelashes would feminize them a lot in my opinion, unless you've got a specific purpose with that. My boys are 'masculine' :D. Even the only girl in my resin family is a shinai swinging tomboy (in a dress currently though).

But I am expecting an elf who is going to be a Drow Elf and once dyed, he'll have white eyelashes. It'll make him look sweet, loving and gentle. His character is gay and having escaped from his Drow community, he'll finally be able to express himself. So he'll be showing his 'feminine side' :D. Drow male coming out of the closet, it's going to be great :D.

11. All my dolls have eyelashes just like people in real life XD. i love eyelashes *flutter flutter LOL

12. I find it baffling people consider eyelashes to be a male/female paradigm, chiefly because all humans of both genders have lashes. I like eyelashes on all my dolls, regardless of gender, since otherwise it looks strange and unnatural to me.

13. I think it is at the owners to give their dolls eyelashes. If it fits the doll, why not?
      My guys have them all.

14. Mine has lashes..I think he'd be an oddball without them.

15. Ofcourse my boy wears eyeslashes (: When looking at a human figure, I find eyes to be the most beautiful thing on anyone. Same goes for dolls, I find myself focusing on the eyes more than anything else. My boy has longer. thick eyelashes that compliment the face up very well (:

16. Absolutely, yes! I prefer my boys have eyelash more than they haven't. They just look cute on it! [All of my dolls are boy, actually.]

17. For me I think it depends on the character, really. I have all boys, two of which have lashes and two who don't. They compliment some faceups, and detract from others. But I think each look suits the character they represent. So I guess basically I have no real preference. ^_^;;

18. Yes, cause it would be not so natural to me, seeing them without :S
      They're only not so longer as my girls's ones.

19. It depends on the eyes. I think it looks more realistic for an obvious east asian eye to not have dramatic or even any eyelashes. I realize human people do, but on the doll it emphasizes the shape of their eye more to not have them.

20. Painted eyelashes? Yes, all of my dolls have them. Glued in lashes? Not always. Mostly my dolls have both, but not all of them have the glued in kind. Most likely they will get them at some, but the lashes I have tired do not look right or I just think they look good without them (boys looking more masculine).