1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would it be strange to give a child the same name as your doll

Apr 13, 2018

?
  1. very strange

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. not really

32 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. not at all

29 vote(s)
    35.4%
  4. other or unsure

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
    1. My uncle named his dog the same name as his mother (my grandmother) so I don't find it strange or weird at all. At first we thought it was a bit disrespectful, but my grandma didn't complain.

2. I don't think that's strange.
      You like the name enough to name your doll that so why would it make a difference naming your child that?
      I thought a BJD is like your own child so you'd pick a name for it that you like and/or that suits the doll which I feel like is the same basis for choosing a name for a child. You find a name you like and name your child that or have a couple options for when you finally hold that child in your arms and realize one name fits better than the other.
      I have no idea though because I actually struggle coming up with names for dolls and I do not have any real children yet so haven't had to name a child though I have some names I would name my child picked already but yeah.

So basically, I don't think it's strange. If you like the name, then use it :) and there could be cute stories that come out of it down the line (little mishaps when you're talking to your doll but your child thinks you're talking to them)

3. Interesting that no one has considered what the child might think of being named for a doll. If the OP is lucky, the child may find it sweet or at least come to understand the motivation. However, the OP's child may be of the type of personality who detests it and resents it for the rest of her life (along with other things; some people seem to be born resentful).

4. Might be a tad bit wierd, but it's not strange.

5. I am not sure myself. I would never reuse a pet's name if I had children, and my dolls have very non-typical name, so I would not consider using them.

I did feel a little odd when my sister in law named her first child Alexander... which is the name of one of our cats who was twelve at the time. We call our nephew Lex to avoid confusion.

6. It's not strange at all, if the name isn't an object or a fictionnal character with a particular name. I mean if your doll's name is planet, sugar, Severus or Bilbo, yeah it's weird, to my opinion. But if it's a human name, why not, it's obviously a name you already like :)

7. Thanks everybody, I also asked my mom what she thought, and she reminded me that my middle name was chosen because it was the name my grandmother used for all her babydolls when she was growing up. So, I am going to suggest it to my husband and see what he thinks.

8. I couldn’t have that myself... I still am startled to hear of somebody with the same name as one of my dogs. Like Sabrina, which isn’t that uncommon of a name!

9. i think you chose the name for the doll beacuse you really like that name, so also you can like this name for your child

10. I don't think is strange. Because Maybe Our people's doll is.Your kid's name thu. So I don't think.

11. I'm trans and changed my name and gave myself the name of one of my characters (for my middle name) so I don't think so! :lol:

12. I don't think it's weird either!
      In fact, I have a doll whose name is the name I planned to give my daughter if I ever had one!

13. I personally wouldn't do it, but it is your child! The name is lovely! But naming it after your doll is kinda odd to me. I'd probably change my doll's name after. And congrats btw! ^-^

14. I don't find it weird but I wouldn't do it

15. I don't think its weird however don't tell your child you named them after a doll. I would feel disappointed if my parents named me after a doll but that's my opinion.

16. I was, no joke, named after my mother's pet cow, Rosie. So that doesn't seem weird to me at all !

17. I'm named after a doll my Mum had when she was a child, because she loved the name. I think it's cute!

18. It's a little strange, but as long as the child don't mind as he/she grow up, its fine.

19. Not at all strange!
      One of my dolls was actually named from a guy I knew. He has been the only human that I've met with the name Elgin. I thought it was so different that my doll now shares his name.

But I like different names. My son's name is Jett. My daughter is Amelia. I wanted my daughter's middle name to be Noelle, but my husband didn't like it. So I've used Noelle for my Soom Leepy. It worked out.

I love babies, but it's likely that Jett and Amelia will be our only ones. But I have 4 million "baby" names I want to use. So...dolls it is!
      :XD: